PDA

View Full Version : If George Bush had ......

SassyLady
01-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Got an email today and thought I would share:

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had stated that there were 57 states in the United States, would you have said that he is clueless.

If George W. Bush would have flown all the way to Denmark to make a five minute speech about how the Olympics would benefit him walking out his front door in Texas, would you have thought he was a self important, conceded, egotistical prick.

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had mis-spelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as proof of what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had created the position of 32 Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America , would you have approved.

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

If George W Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 11 months -- so you'll have three years and one month to come up with an answer.

Abbey Marie
01-13-2010, 12:53 AM
I LOVE IT!!!! :clap:

Sitarro
01-13-2010, 02:15 AM
I miss W.......... he was fun.

-Cp
01-13-2010, 03:04 AM
I don't miss him.... and I voted for him, twice...

Don't miss his big-spending at all.. not that this new tard is any better.. but Good Lord we should've had Romney..

darin
01-13-2010, 05:30 AM
.. but Good Lord we should've had Romney..

...because he has Ted Danson hair. :)

bullypulpit
01-13-2010, 05:44 AM
Got an email today and thought I would share:

Bush DID get an intelligence brief on August 6, 2001 entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US". His reply to the briefer was, "All right. You've covered your ass, now." History shows us what followed this dismissal. Never mind the 977 days he spent on vacation.

BoogyMan
01-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Bush DID get an intelligence brief on August 6, 2001 entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US". His reply to the briefer was, "All right. You've covered your ass, now." History shows us what followed this dismissal. Never mind the 977 days he spent on vacation.

This would be a great example of another bit of liberal insipidity and outright stupid lies, but don't let that get in your way. You must be another daily reader from the HuffPo, ThinkProgress, Media Matters, Common Dreams crowd.

CSM
01-13-2010, 08:23 AM

damn Bully, at one time I actually respected some of your posts. Now you just sound silly. You know damn well that this kind of post is pure conjecture ... "covered your ass"... really???? I thought you were at least a bit above that level. Besides, what the heck does that have to do with what is happening currently under YOUR annointed one ? Should the right wingers on this board still be spouting stuff that may or may not be true about Clinton ?

Agnapostate
01-13-2010, 08:25 AM
If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

Stopped reading there, as that's obviously not true. :)

http://images2.dailykos.com/images/user/30549/reagan.jpg

jimnyc
01-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Stopped reading there, as that's obviously not true. :)

http://images2.dailykos.com/images/user/30549/reagan.jpg

Sorry, but this is NOT a press conference. Looks like he is getting ready to address the nation via television.

Agnapostate
01-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Sorry, but this is NOT a press conference. Looks like he is getting ready to address the nation via television.

Oh. So your point is that instead of facing a room of inquisitive and sometimes hostile reporters and journalists, he's preparing to make a pre-rehearsed speech in a room surrounded by his staff without any opposition. Thanks for clarifying. ;)

jimnyc
01-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Oh. So your point is that instead of facing a room of inquisitive and sometimes hostile reporters and journalists, he's preparing to make a pre-rehearsed speech in a room surrounded by his staff without any opposition. Thanks for clarifying. ;)

I've NEVER seen a president NOT use a teleprompter to address the nation. I also don't believe I ever saw a president use a teleprompter to address questions from reporters - till Obama. If you can't see the difference there is no point in addressing it. But the point of my 1st post was that you posted a picture that is not relevant to a president needing a teleprompter to get through a press conference.

Abbey Marie
01-13-2010, 09:32 AM
I've NEVER seen a president NOT use a teleprompter to address the nation. I also don't believe I ever saw a president use a teleprompter to address questions from reporters - till Obama. If you can't see the difference there is no point in addressing it. But the point of my 1st post was that you posted a picture that is not relevant to a president needing a teleprompter to get through a press conference.

One would have to be dense not to see the difference.

namvet
01-13-2010, 10:52 AM

and your "boy" ate steak and played golf in Hawaii during an attempted terrorists attack here and took how days to comment on it ????? and how many days to get back here??? didn't he say a bomb fell on Pearl Harbor???? hypocrite

SassyLady
01-13-2010, 06:11 PM

Guess he was caught up in following the same procedure as Clinton did:

From interview with author of Losing bin Laden: How Bill Clinton's Failures Unleashed Global Terror

Richard Miniter: One of the big myths about the Clinton years is that no one knew about bin Laden until Sept. 11, 2001. In fact, the bin Laden threat was recognized at the highest levels of the Clinton administration as early as 1993. What's more, bin Laden's attacks kept escalating throughout the Clinton administration; all told bin Laden was responsible for the deaths of 59 Americans on Clinton's watch.

President Clinton learned about bin Laden within months of being sworn into office. National Security Advisor Anthony Lake told me that he first heard the name Osama bin Laden in 1993 in relation to the World Trade Center attack. Lake briefed the president about bin Laden that same year.

For the rest of the interview for those of you who haven't read the book:

http://www.nationalreview.com/interrogatory/interrogatory091103b.asp

DragonStryk72
01-13-2010, 07:13 PM
This goes back to one of the things I've said before. no matter what is done by the candidate, regardles age, race, money, what have you, what matters is that D- or R- before their name.

You have no further to look than when a candidate changes parties, and everyone in the party that receives him suddenly flips their opinion of him, no matter how much they went at him before. Meanwhile, the scorned party will spend their time pulling apart the guy that was once of their team. It's the same every time.

Gaffer
01-13-2010, 08:01 PM
I knew some of this but there's so much more. The interview alone was fascinating. And, though Bush wasn't a blame clinton guy, there is much more blame that goes to clinton then the Bush administration. Everything that was done was done on clinton's watch.

SassyLady
01-13-2010, 08:54 PM
I knew some of this but there's so much more. The interview alone was fascinating. And, though Bush wasn't a blame clinton guy, there is much more blame that goes to clinton then the Bush administration. Everything that was done was done on clinton's watch.

Look how many times Clinton looked the other way simply because he was pissed at the CIA for not hiring one of his chums. Do you think all the little incidents that are happening now on Obama's watch have anything to do with his relationship with the CIA?

Lopez: In sum, how many times did Bill Clinton lose bin Laden?

Miniter: Here's a rundown. The Clinton administration:

1. Did not follow-up on the attempted bombing of Aden marines in Yemen.

2. Shut the CIA out of the 1993 WTC bombing investigation, hamstringing their effort to capture bin Laden.

3. Had Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, a key bin Laden lieutenant, slip through their fingers in Qatar.

4. Did not militarily react to the al Qaeda bombing in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

5. Did not accept the Sudanese offer to turn bin Laden.

6. Did not follow-up on another offer from Sudan through a private back channel.

7. Objected to Northern Alliance efforts to assassinate bin Laden in Afghanistan.

8. Decided against using special forces to take down bin Laden in Afghanistan.

9. Did not take an opportunity to take into custody two al Qaeda operatives involved in the East African embassy bombings. In another little scoop, I am able to show that Sudan arrested these two terrorists and offered them to the FBI. The Clinton administration declined to pick them up and they were later allowed to return to Pakistan.

10. Ordered an ineffectual, token missile strike against a Sudanese pharmaceutical factory.

11. Clumsily tipped off Pakistani officials sympathetic to bin Laden before a planned missile strike against bin Laden on August 20, 1998. Bin Laden left the camp with only minutes to spare.

12-14. Three times, Clinton hesitated or deferred in ordering missile strikes against bin Laden in 1999 and 2000.

15. When they finally launched and armed the Predator spy drone plane, which captured amazing live video images of bin Laden, the Clinton administration no longer had military assets in place to strike the archterrorist.

16. Did not order a retaliatory strike on bin Laden for the murderous attack on the USS Cole.

Gaffer
01-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Look how many times Clinton looked the other way simply because he was pissed at the CIA for not hiring one of his chums. Do you think all the little incidents that are happening now on Obama's watch have anything to do with his relationship with the CIA?

I was thinking along those same lines. And how much have they ignored or were afraid to touch because it might upset some lefty loons. Sure makes you wonder what might be in the works now.