PDA

View Full Version : OMG!! Coakley Can't Spell That State She Is Running In

red states rule
01-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Just when you think you have seen it all

At the end of the ad this appears

"Paid for by Massachusettes Democratic Party and Authorized by Martha Coakley for Senate. Approved by Martha Coakley."

Also, she calls Brown a Washington insider like Bush, Cheney, and Rush Limbaugh. LAst I checked all three are not in Washington - one never has been

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QmyCyxD1lM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QmyCyxD1lM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CSM
01-13-2010, 08:13 AM
Gotta love it:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/12/massachusetts-ad-wars-in-senate-race/

Massachusetts Ad Wars in Senate Race
By ABBY GOODNOUGH
Martha Coakley has released the first negative television ad of the Massachusetts Senate race, reinforcing the perception that Democrats are worried about holding onto Edward M. Kennedy’s seat.

Calling Ms. Coakley’s opponent, State Senator Scott Brown, “a Republican in lockstep with Washington Republicans,” the ad flashes photos of George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and Karl Rove and warns that Mr. Brown favors tax cuts for the wealthy. Ms. Coakley’s commercial:

Video clips in the article. If I were a Ma. voter, I would be taking a good hard look at where both candidates are getting their funding and just where they both stand on the issues. The lines are pretty distinct as far as philosophy goes, especially demonstrated by the "Kennedy seat" vs "the people's seat" remarks.

red states rule
01-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Gotta love it:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/12/massachusetts-ad-wars-in-senate-race/

Massachusetts Ad Wars in Senate Race
By ABBY GOODNOUGH
Martha Coakley has released the first negative television ad of the Massachusetts Senate race, reinforcing the perception that Democrats are worried about holding onto Edward M. Kennedy’s seat.

Calling Ms. Coakley’s opponent, State Senator Scott Brown, “a Republican in lockstep with Washington Republicans,” the ad flashes photos of George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and Karl Rove and warns that Mr. Brown favors tax cuts for the wealthy. Ms. Coakley’s commercial:

Video clips in the article. If I were a Ma. voter, I would be taking a good hard look at where both candidates are getting their funding and just where they both stand on the issues. The lines are pretty distinct as far as philosophy goes, especially demonstrated by the "Kennedy seat" vs "the people's seat" remarks.

It is called PANIC

Weeks ago, nobody thought anyone would even compete with Coakley. The seat was hers and there was really no point in holding the election

Voters are pissed

I just heard on the radio where Brown leads with independents something like 70% to 30%

Overall she has a 2 point lead

glockmail
01-13-2010, 08:30 AM
It is called PANIC

Weeks ago, nobody thought anyone would even compete with Coakley. The seat was hers and there was really no point in holding the election

Voters are pissed

I just heard on the radio where Brown leads with independents something like 70% to 30%

Overall she has a 2 point lead

I wasn't aware that there were independents in Massachusetts.

CSM
01-13-2010, 08:35 AM
I wasn't aware that there were independents in Massachusetts.

LOL ... they all live in western Mass. You know, the OTHER three quarters of the state.

glockmail
01-13-2010, 08:55 AM
LOL ... they all live in western Mass. You know, the OTHER three quarters of the state.
I dunno I lived out there for four years as well. I just got this from a friend who lives on the south shore:

This is a great time to be in Mass. Coakley is not even participating, she is letting the DemoRAT machine do all the work for her. Patriot Sen. Lt. Col. Scott Brown is shaking hands at Fenway, Gillette Stadium, supermarkets, basically every grass root tactic and is winning the hearts and minds of the voters.

red states rule
01-13-2010, 09:19 AM
I wonder how this Columnist feels now?

Coakley gets the keys to the Senate

MARTHA COAKLEY will be the state’s next US senator. Michael Capuano handed her the keys to the late Ted Kennedy’s office by getting caught up in one last dumb shouting match with the sure loser in the race, Stephen Pagliuca. One can only imagine the smile inside Coakley’s head as Capuano and Pagliuca descended into a banter so banal that Pagliuca tried to nail Capuano as the Sarah Palin of the Democratic Party.

All Coakley had to do was sit there, the only woman in the race, with the endorsements of EMILY’s List, the National Women’s Political Caucus, and the Feminist Majority. Can you imagine, she must have thought, that these two guys think they are going to protect a woman’s right to choose more than me? She did not interfere in the banter. It was a frontrunner’s dream - an easy night of little substance asked and none offered.

As in the debate the night before, Alan Khazei continued to be elevated by the quagmire of Capuano and Pagliuca. He continued to play the visionary who says the real issues are universal health care and who is a bridge builder. But his lofty statements about wanting to get rid of lobbyists and political action committees were snagged when he was reminded that Kennedy took plenty of PAC money.

All Khazei could say was that Kennedy was “singular,’’ “unique,’’ and “special.’’ Coakley chimed in that, by the way, all PACs are not evil, such as those for environmentalists and nurses. Even if there is a late groundswell for Khazei, that subtle jab was probably an effective reminder that he remains too naive for the brawling of Capitol Hill. It was a bit ironic because it appears that Coakley, short of a shockingly effective Republican challenge, will head to Washington, without voters being completely clear what she will brawl for.

Derrick Z. Jackson can be reached at jackson@globe.com.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2009/12/03/coakley_gets_the_keys_to_the_senate/

Monkeybone
01-13-2010, 09:48 AM
it's that classic sense of entitlement. Glad that someone is taking it away from them and they don't even know what to do. :salute:

red states rule
01-13-2010, 09:49 AM
and Dems having a huge concern over the race

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Gd2GZu2GaG" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Gd2GZu2GaG" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

Trigg
01-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Heard on the news last night that Dem's usually win by a comfortable 30 point margin and here is a republican leading by 1 point. That is unheard of in this state.

Again, I wonder what the spin will be. They can't blame ignorant republicans or racist white people, since this is such an overwhelmingly Dem state.

This could be a major coup, even if he finishes CLOSE to her in votes, it's a win for republicans and should make dems stand up and take notice.

red states rule
01-14-2010, 07:10 AM
Heard on the news last night that Dem's usually win by a comfortable 30 point margin and here is a republican leading by 1 point. That is unheard of in this state.

Again, I wonder what the spin will be. They can't blame ignorant republicans or racist white people, since this is such an overwhelmingly Dem state.

This could be a major coup, even if he finishes CLOSE to her in votes, it's a win for republicans and should make dems stand up and take notice.

Is she loses - and it is still a big if - they may call her a lousy candidate like they did with VA and NJ

Of course, then the questions is, why do Dems keep putting up lousy candidates in this election cycle?

The liberal media will spin that the people are not giving Dems enough time. Bush had 8 years to screw thing up, why are the voters giving Obama and the Dems only 2 years to "clean up the mess"?