PDA

View Full Version : Coakley Thug Assaults Weekly Standard Reporter

red states rule
01-13-2010, 09:58 AM
The polls are getting short, and the thugs are coming out

A tipster tells me that the man who was pushing me outside of a Capitol Hill fundraiser Tuesday night for Massachusetts Democratic Senate candidate Martha Coakley is Michael Meehan.

Meehan heads up a firm called Blue Line Strategic Communications along with his partner David DiMartino, who was outside the fundraiser with Coakley tonight and introduced himself to me there. The AP reported on Monday that Meehan is also working for Coakley: "The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee also dispatched Michael Meehan, a media consultant with ties to Massachusetts, to assist the Coakley camp with messaging."

Though I can't say with 100 percent certainty, I think that Meehan is the man who shoved me into a metal railing Tuesday night. You can get the best look at him at about the 30-second mark of this video, and in this AP photo:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/images/CoakleyFundraiser.img_assist_custom-640x427.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g8CdfQGlgVw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g8CdfQGlgVw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

red states rule
01-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Ms Coakley has as much concern for the reporter who was shoved to the gorund by her "staff member" as she does the people of MA

CSM
01-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Ms Coakley has as much concern for the reporter who was shoved to the gorund by her "staff member" as she does the people of MA

Yep, and uses the same staff weenies to express that "concern".

red states rule
01-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Yep, and uses the same staff weenies to express that "concern".

This could be a sign of things to come as the mid terms get close

Then we will have the Unions, and Black Panthers on the street

Dems will do whatever it takes to stay in power

Gaffer
01-13-2010, 10:51 AM
This could be a sign of things to come as the mid terms get close

Then we will have the Unions, and Black Panthers on the street

Dems will do whatever it takes to stay in power

That's what I have been saying all along. As November approaches the thugs will come out. Voter fraud will be rampant.

red states rule
01-13-2010, 10:52 AM
That's what I have been saying all along. As November approaches the thugs will come out. Voter fraud will be rampant.

Given the anger out there, I do not think it will be enough

It will only feed the anger and turn up the heat on the boiling pot

Gaffer
01-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Given the anger out there, I do not think it will be enough

It will only feed the anger and turn up the heat on the boiling pot

And if the libs get control again there will be a revolution.

red states rule
01-13-2010, 10:56 AM
And if the libs get control again there will be a revolution.

Given what is going on in MA Dems are set to lose BIG

Gaffer
01-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Given what is going on in MA Dems are set to lose BIG

Yep, so if they don't lose big then there is a problem in the electorate. Then it's time for the million man armed march on washington.

HogTrash
01-13-2010, 11:21 AM
I wish I had taken some courses in journalism.

Being a reporter could be alot of fun for the right person. :splat:

red states rule
01-14-2010, 07:07 AM
Now the guy says he s sorry. Guess it is time to forget the matter

Dem Staffer Apologizes For Shoving Weekly Standard Reporter
As you may have heard, a Dem staffer helping the Martha Coakley campaign was caught on video shoving a Weekly Standard reporter, prompting an explosion of outrage from national Republicans and the right-wing media, who alleged bullying and intimidation.

Now the staffer, Michael Meehan, sends over a statement admitting error (though not conceding bullying) and saying he also apologized directly to the Standard reporter, John McCormack:

Last evening I was a little too aggressive in the confusion of trying to help the Attorney General get to her car and catch a flight.

I clearly did not intend to cause John McCormack to trip and fall over that low fence. As the video shows and he confirms in his blog, I stopped to help him up and make sure he was OK.

I talked with Mr. McCormack this afternoon and apologized for my part.

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/political-media/dem-staffer-apologies-for-shoving-weekly-standard-staffer/