PDA

View Full Version : Seating of new Mass. Senator "could take weeks"

Little-Acorn
01-13-2010, 02:44 PM
...especially if it's a Republican who gets more of the people's votes.

In that happens, does anyone here expect the Democrats to obey the will of the voters? :lmao:

-------------------------------------

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/13/AR2010011302542.html

Seating Mass. Senate winner could be delayed

By GLEN JOHNSON
The Associated Press
Wednesday, January 13, 2010; 1:09 PM

BOSTON -- Massachusetts' top election official says it could take weeks to certify the results of next week's Senate special election, a delay that could help President Barack Obama pass his health care bill if the Republican wins.

Obama's health overhaul needs 60 Senate votes to pass, including 58 Democrats and two Independents. Interim Massachusetts Sen. Paul Kirk, a Democrat, would vote for the overhaul. Republican Scott Brown has said he would vote to kill it. Democrat Martha Coakley and independent candidate Joseph L. Kennedy are also running in Tuesday's election.

Secretary of State William Galvin says state law gives cities and towns up to 15 days to certify their results.

Democrats hope to get the overhaul passed before Obama's State of the Union address, perhaps in early February

Insein
01-13-2010, 04:11 PM
So do they have 60? Have they bought a Republican seat recently? Because if this seat is not included, they only have 59.

HogTrash
01-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Has anyone else come to the realization that the two major parties care nothing for America.

To them it's nothing more than a never ending struggle for power with us stuck in the middle.

Binky
01-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Has anyone else come to the realization that the two major parties care nothing for America.

To them it's nothing more than a never ending struggle for power with us stuck in the middle.

Well, if it's any consolation at all Hog, I've figured it off eons ago...I wouldn't lift a finger to help either of them....Both parties compete for power and control.... After the last election, I decided to switch my party to indep. when I have to go and renew my driv. lic, which is 012.....unless I decide to do it before then....Either way, no matter what....I am sick and disgusted with how these two major parties have worked along with many others to destroy America......

PostmodernProphet
01-13-2010, 06:18 PM
probably take them that long to find a Bible to swear him in with.....

DragonStryk72
01-13-2010, 06:57 PM

Yeah, got there a while ago, and went over to the Libertarians. I've felt a lot better since then, but the problem is getting everyone else who's still clinging to their parties, hoping that the people in them will come around, to come around, and start doing what they should have been doing in the first place. eventually, though, I think people will get the hint and start looking to more parties.

No serious choice we make in our lives is an either or scenario, and I wonder just how long till people realize that anyone trying to sell you one is either trying to take you for a ride, or more dangerous, actually believes that to be the way it should be.

HogTrash
01-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Yeah, got there a while ago, and went over to the Libertarians. I've felt a lot better since then, but the problem is getting everyone else who's still clinging to their parties, hoping that the people in them will come around, to come around, and start doing what they should have been doing in the first place. eventually, though, I think people will get the hint and start looking to more parties.

No serious choice we make in our lives is an either or scenario, and I wonder just how long till people realize that anyone trying to sell you one is either trying to take you for a ride, or more dangerous, actually believes that to be the way it should be.I voted libertarian for many years but I can't get on board with their open borders policy.

In fact I consider the southern border to be one of the most serious threats facing America.