PDA

View Full Version : Olbermann Uses Haiti Earthquake to Justify ObamaCare

red states rule
01-14-2010, 07:19 AM
As Rahm Emanuel said, never let a crisis go to waste

The devastating earthquake in Haiti, which may have killed tens of thousands or more, “reminded” MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann of why ObamaCare is needed in the United States as he saw “what health care reform really means” in Haiti’s “awful message of nightmarish reality.” Later, he seriously contended the Haiti disaster makes “a good frame of reference in terms of the health care issue,” as he speculated about a quake destroying Los Angeles:

How would survivors of something like this here fare in terms of getting on their own feet economically afterwards, with the health care system we have in place right now?

After smearing Rush Limbaugh as a “deranged racist,” Olbermann teased Wednesday night’s Countdown: “We are reminded of what health care reform really means by an awful message of nightmarish reality from a place, a place this time not so very far away.” MSNBC’s on-screen heading, as he spoke, sealed the link between Haiti and the domestic policy: “REAL REFORM NECESSARY; LATEST FROM HAITI.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2010/01/14/olbermann-uses-devastating-haiti-earthquake-justify-obamacare

bullypulpit
01-14-2010, 08:16 AM
As Rahm Emanuel said, never let a crisis go to waste

There's never any justification for attempting to make hay from a tragedy. But let's look at El Rushbo, with a brain pickled in hillbilly heroine, Never one to let tragedy stand in the way of his ignorance or self-righteousness...

<blockquote>LIMBAUGH: Yes, I think in the Haiti earthquake, ladies and gentlemen -- in the words of Rahm Emanuel, we have another crisis simply too good to waste. This will play right into Obama's hands -- humanitarian, compassionate. They'll use this to burnish their -- shall we say -- credibility with the black community, in the both light-skinned and dark-skinned black community, in this country. It's made-to-order for 'em. That's why he couldn't wait to get out there. Could not wait to get out there.</blockquote>

This isn't about politics...it's about a response to human tragedy on a scale that will dwarf anything we have seen in this hemisphere in decades.

And then there's this gem...

<blockquote>LIMBAUGH: I want you to remember it took [Obama] three days -- three days -- to respond to the Christmas Day Fruit of Kaboom bomber. Three days. And when he came out after those three days, he was clearly irritated that he had to do it. He didn't want to do it. He comes out here in less than 24 hours to speak about Haiti.</blockquote>

As if there is any equivalence between the crotch bomber, where the greatest danger was being hit my fried scrotal shrapnel and the human tragedy of Haiti...A tragedy which will likely result in the death of hundreds of thousands of people. One can only wonder where the sanctimonious bitching of the right regarding the sanctity of human life in regards to abortion goes in cases such as this. Especially when the victims are less than lily white.

But let's not forget Pat Robertson, whose senile babbling about a deal with Satan for the independence of Haiti has led to this tragedy, was nothing more than another exercise in blaming the victim. An exercise which is so very popular on the right.

<blockquote>ROBERTSON: And, you know, Kristi, something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III and whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, "We will serve you if you will get us free from the French." True story. And so, the devil said, "OK, it's a deal."

And they kicked the French out. You know, the Haitians revolted and got themselves free. But ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other.</blockquote>

This was when "Kristi" should have simply guided "Reverend" Robertson off camera, removed his mike, and sent him to the nursing home where he could get his daily aricept, zyprexa and depakote and listen to "God" speak to him to his hearts content.

You're just as bad as they are Red.

red states rule
01-14-2010, 08:21 AM
I knew this thread would draw you like a moth to a flame BP

Rush was right. Obama pounched on this like his did the Police in Cambridge. Yet he waited days to comment on a terrorist trying to murder hundreds of people

Robvertson is a joke. I do pay any attention to him

Nut Keith is a nutcase. With this rant he will inspire left wingers like you and perhaps get his ratings up to say - what - 9 ?

CSM
01-14-2010, 08:38 AM
There's never any justification for attempting to make hay from a tragedy. But let's look at El Rushbo, with a brain pickled in hillbilly heroine, Never one to let tragedy stand in the way of his ignorance or self-righteousness...

<blockquote>LIMBAUGH: Yes, I think in the Haiti earthquake, ladies and gentlemen -- in the words of Rahm Emanuel, we have another crisis simply too good to waste. This will play right into Obama's hands -- humanitarian, compassionate. They'll use this to burnish their -- shall we say -- credibility with the black community, in the both light-skinned and dark-skinned black community, in this country. It's made-to-order for 'em. That's why he couldn't wait to get out there. Could not wait to get out there.</blockquote>

This isn't about politics...it's about a response to human tragedy on a scale that will dwarf anything we have seen in this hemisphere in decades.

And then there's this gem...

<blockquote>LIMBAUGH: I want you to remember it took [Obama] three days -- three days -- to respond to the Christmas Day Fruit of Kaboom bomber. Three days. And when he came out after those three days, he was clearly irritated that he had to do it. He didn't want to do it. He comes out here in less than 24 hours to speak about Haiti.</blockquote>

As if there is any equivalence between the crotch bomber, where the greatest danger was being hit my fried scrotal shrapnel and the human tragedy of Haiti...A tragedy which will likely result in the death of hundreds of thousands of people. One can only wonder where the sanctimonious bitching of the right regarding the sanctity of human life in regards to abortion goes in cases such as this. Especially when the victims are less than lily white.

But let's not forget Pat Robertson, whose senile babbling about a deal with Satan for the independence of Haiti has led to this tragedy, was nothing more than another exercise in blaming the victim. An exercise which is so very popular on the right.

<blockquote>ROBERTSON: And, you know, Kristi, something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III and whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, "We will serve you if you will get us free from the French." True story. And so, the devil said, "OK, it's a deal."

And they kicked the French out. You know, the Haitians revolted and got themselves free. But ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other.</blockquote>

This was when "Kristi" should have simply guided "Reverend" Robertson off camera, removed his mike, and sent him to the nursing home where he could get his daily aricept, zyprexa and depakote and listen to "God" speak to him to his hearts content.

You're just as bad as they are Red.

Ya know BP, Rush is not elected to any office nor a politcal appointee. You do know that, right? So why, oh, why do you even mention him? No wonder you libs never get it right, you can't even distinguish between those in office and a talking head. :poke:

red states rule
01-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Ya know BP, Rush is not elected to any office nor a politcal appointee. You do know that, right? So why, oh, why do you even mention him? No wonder you libs never get it right, you can't even distinguish between those in office and a talking head. :poke:

Bully does not like anyone pointing out what Obama says and does when it shows their double standards and what their real priorities are

Keith calls Rush a "deranged racist" and then brazenly ties a tragedy to Obamacare, and wave the pom poms for Obama

bullypulpit
01-14-2010, 11:31 AM

Hmmm...Keith Olberman isn't an elected official or a political appointee either...So why did Red even mention him?

No wonder you RWN's never get it right. You can't even recognize the logical inconsistencies of your statements.

CSM
01-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Hmmm...Keith Olberman isn't an elected official or a political appointee either...So why did Red even mention him?

No wonder you RWN's never get it right. You can't even recognize the logical inconsistencies of your statements.

True. now wonder this country is such a mess. However, I would point out that I personally did not mention Olberman.

I was just wondering why you took the approach that you did instead of pointing out to Red the very same thing I pointed out to you and that is the talking heads do not make the decisions.

bullypulpit
01-14-2010, 11:56 AM
True. now wonder this country is such a mess. However, I would point out that I personally did not mention Olberman.

I was just wondering why you took the approach that you did instead of pointing out to Red the very same thing I pointed out to you and that is the talking heads do not make the decisions.

Simply put right wing political leaders bow down to El Rushbo and kiss is corpulent ass for fear of offending him. The left wing does not bow down to Keith Olberman.

CSM
01-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Simply put right wing political leaders bow down to El Rushbo and fear offending him. The left wing does not bow down to Keith Olberman.

uh...sure. That's quite an assertion, even for you. I doubt you can prove that though.

namvet
01-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Overbite is on his last leg. unless Osama bails his ass out

bullypulpit
01-14-2010, 09:14 PM
uh...sure. That's quite an assertion, even for you. I doubt you can prove that though.

Michael Steele, Rep Phil Gingery(R-GA), Gov Mark Sanford(R-SC) to name a few, have tendered their apologies to the drug addled gas-bag for having offended His Rushness. And have ya noticed...? Red's disappeared from the conversation, preferring to let others change the subject and carry water for him. :laugh2:

SassyLady
01-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Keith Olberman is a joke................and I really got a laugh the other night......his guest replacement host was Lawrence O'Donnell..............who had an on-air meltdown a few years ago and had to be put on ice for awhile.

Every time I see one of them I just want to throw a couple of drops of water on them and watch them evaporate like the wicked witch of OZ.

bullypulpit
01-15-2010, 05:19 AM
Keith Olberman is a joke................and I really got a laugh the other night......his guest replacement host was Lawrence O'Donnell..............who had an on-air meltdown a few years ago and had to be put on ice for awhile.

Every time I see one of them I just want to throw a couple of drops of water on them and watch them evaporate like the wicked witch of OZ.

And the points, on topic, about Limbaugh and Robertson? Didn't think so.

red states rule
01-15-2010, 07:47 AM

As usual BP you ignore the point being made. Rush was pointing out the speed at which Obama rushed to the airwaves over Haiti and to defend his friend and attack the Cambridge cops - while taking DAYS to comment on the terrorists who tried to blow up the plane over Detroit

Keith did indeed use Haiti to push for Obamacare. I guess to you that is fine since you also want the government (i.e the Democrats) to run the nations healthcare system

As far as me "disappearing" that is a hoot. You have ran away from many threads - including threads you started. I have to work BP. These days I really have to work

Thanks to Obama, Reid, and Pelosi I watch daily as gas prices keep going up. Gas in near $3/gal right now

Damn Obama and his rich oil buddies!

Prices at the store keep going up. Inflation is coming back thanks to the massive deficits and spending

I watch as Dems (and yes some Republicans) piss thru tax money on pork projects - then tell us how we need to pay more in taxes

I see more and people around me losing their jobs, and I know many small business owners who are worried about their future

There are some who refuse to hire people bacause they are scared about what the additional money they will be forced to spend in higher taxes, and the regulations contained in Obamcare

At work even managers do not know if the company will dump their healthcare plans and put us in Obamacare. It may be much cheaper for the company to pay the 8% penalty then the cost of the plans

Not one person like that idea BP. Even the liberals at work are upset over that happening

As I see the calls coming in from people who can't pay make the house payment go thru the roof, while you support the party that wants to raise their taxes and take even more of their money

You see BP, I am worried about the effects of these policies are having on the nation, while you are worried about Obama losing politial fights

I see the liberal media openly campaigning for the Dems, and you are pissed over anybody pointing that out. As one of your Dems said the real enemies of America are those who watch Fox News and listen to talk radio

That pretty well sums up how libs see things these days

They do not give a damn about the folks, only scoring political wins and increasing their power in Washington

PostmodernProphet
01-15-2010, 07:51 AM

do you believe the story isn't true?......or are you just pissed because someone objected to the Haitians making the same deal with the devil that you did........

BoogyMan
01-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Simply put right wing political leaders bow down to El Rushbo and kiss is corpulent ass for fear of offending him. The left wing does not bow down to Keith Olberman.

......and still the Olbermann mental midgetry goes unchallenged by the average witless hump on the left who is faced with the difficulty of maintaining a schedule of 5 prayers to Obama daily.

red states rule
01-15-2010, 08:24 AM
......and still the Olbermann mental midgetry goes unchallenged by the average witless hump on the left who is faced with the difficulty of maintaining a schedule of 5 prayers to Obama daily.

Hey hold on there BoogyMan

Olbermann's intelligence has never been questioned

Come to think of it, it has never been mentioned either

CSM
01-15-2010, 08:33 AM

hearing the news today, it is clear who the left wing political leaders bow down to and they do a lot more than kiss corpulent ass! Can you say "bribery"? Sure you can!

red states rule
01-15-2010, 08:36 AM
hearing the news today, it is clear who the left wing political leaders bow down to and they do a lot more than kiss corpulent ass! Can you say "bribery"? Sure you can!

You mean like the $300 million Mary Landrieu was paid to get her vote for Obamacare?

With this action, Harry Reid made prostitution legal in DC. Mary was paid to screw America

CSM
01-15-2010, 08:39 AM
You mean like the $300 million Mary Landrieu was paid to get her vote for Obamacare?

With this action, Harry Reid made prostitution legal in DC. Mary was paid to screw America

There's that but I was reffering to the deal made with the unions on taxation of "cadillac health plans". If you belong to a union, no tax for you until (if then) 2018. Everyone else pays as soon as it passes. The way things are going, if you are not "connected" you will be paying taxes for health care retroactive to your date of birth!

red states rule
01-15-2010, 08:45 AM
There's that but I was reffering to the deal made with the unions on taxation of "cadillac health plans". If you belong to a union, no tax for you until (if then) 2018. Everyone else pays as soon as it passes. The way things are going, if you are not "connected" you will be paying taxes for health care retroactive to your date of birth!

Sure Dems did that. Unions steal money from its members and hand it over to the Dem party

Dems need the cash more then ever given how they are doing in the polls

My question is, why are union leaders opposed to having their members "pay their fair share" and deprive the government "vital revenue" to finance health care "reform"?

It is another example of what liberals are famous for

"Do not do as I do - do as I say"

red states rule
01-15-2010, 10:32 AM
As usual BP you ignore the point being made. Rush was pointing out the speed at which Obama rushed to the airwaves over Haiti and to defend his friend and attack the Cambridge cops - while taking DAYS to comment on the terrorists who tried to blow up the plane over Detroit

Keith did indeed use Haiti to push for Obamacare. I guess to you that is fine since you also want the government (i.e the Democrats) to run the nations healthcare system

As far as me "disappearing" that is a hoot. You have ran away from many threads - including threads you started. I have to work BP. These days I really have to work

Thanks to Obama, Reid, and Pelosi I watch daily as gas prices keep going up. Gas in near $3/gal right now

Damn Obama and his rich oil buddies!

Prices at the store keep going up. Inflation is coming back thanks to the massive deficits and spending

I watch as Dems (and yes some Republicans) piss thru tax money on pork projects - then tell us how we need to pay more in taxes

I see more and people around me losing their jobs, and I know many small business owners who are worried about their future

There are some who refuse to hire people bacause they are scared about what the additional money they will be forced to spend in higher taxes, and the regulations contained in Obamcare

At work even managers do not know if the company will dump their healthcare plans and put us in Obamacare. It may be much cheaper for the company to pay the 8% penalty then the cost of the plans

Not one person like that idea BP. Even the liberals at work are upset over that happening

As I see the calls coming in from people who can't pay make the house payment go thru the roof, while you support the party that wants to raise their taxes and take even more of their money

You see BP, I am worried about the effects of these policies are having on the nation, while you are worried about Obama losing politial fights

I see the liberal media openly campaigning for the Dems, and you are pissed over anybody pointing that out. As one of your Dems said the real enemies of America are those who watch Fox News and listen to talk radio

That pretty well sums up how libs see things these days

They do not give a damn about the folks, only scoring political wins and increasing their power in Washington

I guess BP got "bored" again and left

I do hope the door did not hit him on his way out :laugh2:

Off to work so Obama, and the state, can take their 40% cut

SassyLady
01-16-2010, 01:38 AM
And the points, on topic, about Limbaugh and Robertson? Didn't think so.

I'm sorry, I thought the topic of this thread was:

Olbermann Uses Haiti Earthquake to Justify ObamaCare

So, I think I did talk about one of the points.

SassyLady
01-16-2010, 01:42 AM
I guess BP got "bored" again and left

I do hope the door did not hit him on his way out :laugh2:

Off to work so Obama, and the state, can take their 40% cut

Hey Red - you need to correct the picture in your signature....put the unions in there somewhere above the rest of us.:beer:

red states rule
01-16-2010, 07:26 AM

Now the Hollywood libs chime in

Far-left actor Danny Glover, during an online interview this week, proposed global warming caused the devastating earthquake in Haiti. FNC caught up with the silliness Friday night, as Jim Angle led the “Grapevine” segment:

Actor Danny Glover says the earthquake in Haiti is a result of global warming. Glover told GRITtv that it could have happened to any of the Caribbean island nations, quote: “They are all in peril because of global warming.” Then, he lamented the failure of the climate summit in Copenhagen. As a result of that failure, he says, “this is what happens.”

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2010/01/16/actor-danny-glover-blames-global-warming-earthquake-haiti#ixzz0cmGUW0Sx

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a2ft5JkNWJA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a2ft5JkNWJA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gaffer
01-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Now the Hollywood libs chime in

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a2ft5JkNWJA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a2ft5JkNWJA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Saw this last night, what a joke. Now global warming is causing earthquakes. Is there anything that's NOT caused by global warming?

Tiger Woods is missing a great opportunity here. His cheating on his wife was caused by global warming. Yeah, that's it. Damn, think of all the things that can be blamed on global warming.

bullypulpit
01-16-2010, 10:20 AM

Sorry dearie...But if you'd actually read my initial post, you would have seen that I took issue with ANYONE making political hay from a tragedy such as this. Red failed to aim his ire at subjects on the right, as well as the left. I corrected his oversight.

red states rule
01-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Sorry dearie...But if you'd actually read my initial post, you would have seen that I took issue with ANYONE making political hay from a tragedy such as this. Red failed to aim his ire at subjects on the right, as well as the left. I corrected his oversight.

Problem is BP, Rush did NOT use the earthquake to make political hay. All he did was point out Obama's "prioritites" and now many on the left are using the quake to further their agenda

You ignore that as well as post #14 and 22

bullypulpit
01-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Problem is BP, Rush did NOT use the earthquake to make political hay. All he did was point out Obama's "prioritites" and now many on the left are using the quake to further their agenda

You ignore that as well as post #14 and 22

Sorry, Red, but you're wrong...again. By making the assinine assertion that A - the crotch bomber was of the same magnitude as the destruction of Haiti, and B - Obama's response to the human tragedy of Hait was nothing more than an attempt to appeal to both light and dark skinned African-Americas was, is and shall ever be an attempt to make a political statement by Limbaugh from the backs of the dead and the dying. And I won't even get into the inherent racism of his comments.

As for posts 14 and 22...#14 is just more of your cut and paste from the various ring wing talking points floating in the blogosphere. #22 is but another ham-handed attempt at sarcasm on your part.

But you see, the thread, as you started it was not about Obama...It was about the "left-wing" attempting to "further its agenda". I have a serious problem with ANYONE trying to make political hay from human tragedy. I simply added my criticism of the right to your criticism of the left...Gotta keep things "fair and balanced" now, doncha know. :laugh2:

red states rule
01-17-2010, 06:20 AM
Sorry, Red, but you're wrong...again. By making the assinine assertion that A - the crotch bomber was of the same magnitude as the destruction of Haiti, and B - Obama's response to the human tragedy of Hait was nothing more than an attempt to appeal to both light and dark skinned African-Americas was, is and shall ever be an attempt to make a political statement by Limbaugh from the backs of the dead and the dying. And I won't even get into the inherent racism of his comments.

As for posts 14 and 22...#14 is just more of your cut and paste from the various ring wing talking points floating in the blogosphere. #22 is but another ham-handed attempt at sarcasm on your part.

But you see, the thread, as you started it was not about Obama...It was about the "left-wing" attempting to "further its agenda". I have a serious problem with ANYONE trying to make political hay from human tragedy. I simply added my criticism of the right to your criticism of the left...Gotta keep things "fair and balanced" now, doncha know. :laugh2:

You would think the President of thr US would consider the attempted MURDER of about 300 people on US soil by a terrorists would be more important then an earthquake overseas BP

Again, Obama reacted publicly quicker in his outrage of the Cambridge Police Dept then he did a failed terrorist attack

That is all Rush was pointing out - and that is what pisses you off

So the comment I WROTE you dismiss as more cut and paste?????

Let me get this straight BP, are you saying gas prices are NOT going up, people are NOT losing their jobs, people ARE making ther house payments, people are NOT worried about losing their private coverage under Obamacare, and Dems are NOT going raise their taxes?

That what is sounds like to me BP

Maybe you are not up on current events. Even Dems in MA are pissed off at Obama, Reid, and Pelosi and may go Republican after nearly 40 years of Ted Kennedy

If that does not tell you how screwed up your party and their policies are, then you are a hopless case

01-18-2010, 04:50 PM
I honestly dont see how a tragedy in another nation could possibly justify destroying our healthcare system. Especially when alot of people are being flown to the US to get care.

red states rule
01-19-2010, 08:36 AM
I honestly dont see how a tragedy in another nation could possibly justify destroying our healthcare system. Especially when alot of people are being flown to the US to get care.

It is not unusal for Dems to use the dead for political gaines. Remember the bridge collapse in MN?

Less then 24 hours, and before all the bodies could be recovered, Dems tried to blame Pres Bush for the tragedy

Reid: Bridge collapse is ‘wake-up call'

It took less than a day for the disastrous bridge collapse in Minneapolis to turn into a political uproar on Capitol Hill.

As Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) opened the Thursday session of the Senate, he warned that the bridge disaster was a “wake-up call” regarding infrastructure investment across the country.

Later, Reid and other Democratic leaders went a step further, bashing Republicans for failing to pass a water resources and development act, known as WRDA on Capitol Hill, for seven years, saying that the bill was essential to investing in American infrastructure.

Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.), who chairs the appropriations subcommittee that funds transportation programs, slammed President Bush for threatening to veto the transportation bill because it exceeds his initial budget request.

“This is what I worry about every day. The lack of investment in infrastructure is frightening,” Murray said. “This is what [Bush] is threatening to veto -- investment in infrastructure for [roads] we go to work on every day.”

Reid even suggested that Bush has been too distracted by the Iraq war and post-Sept. 11 national security needs to focus on the country’s water, sewer and transportation infrastructure.

“Since 9/11, we have taken our eye off the ball,” Reid said.

At the White House, press secretary Tony Snow acknowledged “there will be lots of 'Who's responsible?' 'Who could have done what?’” in the aftermath of the bridge collapse. But, he said, “the fact is, if anybody has knowledge that something like this can happen, they're going to act on it."

Later, a White House spokesman rebuked Senate Democrats, saying the nation should focus on the victims and the recovery in Minneapolis.

“It’s unfortunate and unconscionable that Democratic leaders in Congress are trying to use this horrific event as an opportunity to launch attacks,” said spokesman Scott Stanzel, pointing out that Bush’s veto threat of the transportation appropriations bill is not related to highway funding. Bush issued the veto warning because of “excessive spending in other areas,” including Amtrak and Housing and Urban Development spending, Stanzel said.

Also on Thursday, Reid used the opportunity to promote a bill he has previously introduced, known as the “American Marshall Plan,” which invests in deteriorating infrastructure across the country.

The bridge collapse may indeed give Democrats a chance to pass the long-stalled water resources development bill, which Senate leaders promised to clear next month. The White House, though, opposes the bill because of its $15 billion cost.

“In terms of infrastructure, where has the Republican Congress been on the WRDA bill for the past seven years?” asked Senate Majority Whip Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.).

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0807/5228.html