PDA

View Full Version : I'm so tired of........

-Cp
01-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Feeling totally helpless when these huge disasters hit - like the recent earthquake in Haiti - my heart goes out to the people there.

Sure I can send a bit of money, I realize it all helps -but it's times like this I wish I was a multimillionaire... I'd fly myself and an army of pals down to get hands-on and help out anyway possible.... *sigh*

Prayers for that country and its people..........

Binky
01-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Feeling totally helpless when these huge disasters hit - like the recent earthquake in Haiti - my heart goes out to the people there.

Sure I can send a bit of money, I realize it all helps -but it's times like this I wish I was a multimillionaire... I'd fly myself and an army of pals down to get hands-on and help out anyway possible.... *sigh*

I feel the same way....I'd like to be one that could get there and dig in and help out.....But I never am able to.....

Kathianne
01-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Good thing about teaching in private school. I have the 8th graders making posters, using images, news story headlines, CIA factbook on pre-earthquake Haiti poverty.

Starting Wednesday, fundraising. We're off school tomorrow and Monday. They'll talk to younger grades Tuesday, then collection will start.

Luna Tick
01-14-2010, 10:16 AM

I feel the same way.

Mr. P
01-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Wanna do something?

Contact your local Red Cross. There will be tons of donations coming in that will need sorted packed and shipped.

Your time is the best you can do now. There's no room for most folks down there at the moment anyway.