PDA

View Full Version : Intervention?

glockmail
01-14-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm in this “beer night” ski league and last Monday was our first race of the season. Our Team drew a high number and ended up near the back of the start. I was going up on the chair when Team One went and got to observe their form. One is a former Olympian, then her brother who's a lot faster, one who was on the Austrian ski team, then the head coach for the resort team. First race, first runs, smooth-fast snow, needless to say they were ripping the course.

By the time it’s our turn the course is well rutted. Nothing real bad but not smooth either. It was about 20 degrees and the snow was real hard, so the ruts weren't deep but they were very angular.

I always make a little sign of the cross before each run, and this time was no exception. I pray for my safety, not speed, as I figure the latter isn't and shouldn't be important to God. Just give me safety Lord, and leave the rest up to me.

I'm in the gate crouched down with my shins on the timer bar, get the go and launch up and out, then skate and pole to the first gate. I carved some great turns tucking most of them real low, in my zone riding easily over the ruts and was early for every turn.

About 5th from the end I can't see the second gate in front of me. I'm tight on the front gate and riding my outside ski hard and ready for the transition. Where the hell is the next gate? Hello, are you up there? I come out of my tuck and finally see it half-bent over and carve around it wide and late. But I didn't jam the turn or lose speed, and I'm really flying.

Another right-left then the final gate to go, I come out of the second and bounce a rut or something because now I'm "doing a Bode" with my inside ski in the air catching the wind. I'm looking at the near straight line between me, the last gate and the finish line with my new outside ski in the air carrying my foot to the outside. The "oh-shit-on-my-ass" instinct somehow gives way to "bring-your-leg-down" which I do, and I smack the last gate and reach for my tips as I cross the line.

Normally there's a small group of racers who just finished about thirty yards down the hill looking for their teammates progress and its an easy stop to join them. I'm moving so fast though so end up another thirty yards past them, looking at the ground in front of me and trying to catch my breathe. I then stand up straight and look up at the night sky just in time to see a medium sized white bird flying away from me, right over the finish shack about 80 yards away. You never see a bird that big in the mountains during the winter, especially this cold, all the naked tree branches covered perfectly with white. The only birds I see at this elevation and during the cold weather are little smoke-blue colored that ground nest in the rhododendrons, and then only around during the day.

I wasn’t surprised, and scored gold, four points, for our team.

Noir
01-14-2010, 01:28 PM
=/
You know i'd be pretty pissed if i believed in god and was praying for the health of a loved on who was ill, and found out that instead he was spending his time on the beer night ski league.

glockmail
01-14-2010, 02:37 PM
You're an atheist so shouldn't care either way.

Noir
01-14-2010, 02:40 PM
You're an atheist so shouldn't care either way.

Glad to see your tackling the point, not attacking the poster, as always ^_^

glockmail
01-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Glad to see your tackling the point, not attacking the poster, as always ^_^ I don't need to attack the point since it's obviously due to incredible ignorance of the subject, and since you have no interest in knowing God.

Noir
01-14-2010, 03:09 PM
I don't need to attack the point since it's obviously due to incredible ignorance of the subject, and since you have no interest in knowing God.

Ah, so because i don't think that God is personally intervening in my life to make sure i break my current high-score in Dance Dance Revolution i'm the ignorant one. :thumb:

SassyLady
01-14-2010, 03:13 PM
=/
You know i'd be pretty pissed if i believed in god and was praying for the health of a loved on who was ill, and found out that instead he was spending his time on the beer night ski league.

Obviously you know nothing about God - God is the ultimate multi-tasker........not only can he listen to you pray he can watch beer night skiing, and whisper in my ear no to trust the guy walking towards me and to get my taser out.

So you being pissed just shows your ignorance about God's abilities.

PS - think I addressed the point and made personal reference - do I score extra points!??? LOL!!!

glockmail
01-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Ah, so because i don't think that God is personally intervening in my life to make sure i break my current high-score in Dance Dance Revolution i'm the ignorant one. :thumb: You're reasoning alone proves your ignorance. LOL

Noir
01-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Obviously you know nothing about God - God is the ultimate multi-tasker........not only can he listen to you pray he can watch beer night skiing, and whisper in my ear no to trust the guy walking towards me and to get my taser out.

So you being pissed just shows your ignorance about God's abilities.

PS - think I addressed the point and made personal reference - do I score extra points!??? LOL!!!

Well ofcourse he can do everything and anything all at once, how stupid of me :slap: and of all the things he could do, like i duuno, stop an earthquake happening that leads to countless deaths and misery...but why would he bother doing that when he could turn glock into a speed daemon /sark.

Ofcourse the answer to that is 'god must let evil happen'...'god moves in mysterious ways'...ect, but you can't have it both ways, i.e. when something good happens 'it must have been intervention' and when something bad happens 'oh no...he can't intervene, bad things have to happen' The answer changes depending on the situation =/

Extra points on there way to you...and with a little flutter of eyelashes they'll be doubled ;)

SassyLady
01-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Well ofcourse he can do everything and anything all at once, how stupid of me :slap: and of all the things he could do, like i duuno, stop an earthquake happening that leads to countless deaths and misery...but why would he bother doing that when he could turn glock into a speed daemon /sark.

Ofcourse the answer to that is 'god must let evil happen'...'god moves in mysterious ways'...ect, but you can't have it both ways, i.e. when something good happens 'it must have been intervention' and when something bad happens 'oh no...he can't intervene, bad things have to happen' The answer changes depending on the situation =/

Extra points on there way to you...and with a little flutter of eyelashes they'll be doubled ;)

Noir - no where did I say God intervenes..........just listens and whispers encouragement, or reminds us of our strengths. And while God is very powerful, Mother Nature is definitely a force to be considered.

If Glock wants to believe the white bird he saw was his own personal connection to God who are you to say otherwise? Maybe he was paying more attention than others.........anyway, my own personal belief is that Earth is a living organism and that humans and animals are like fleas or lice and every once in a while she shrugs and shakes to get rid of some of the fleas and other parasites. Perhaps God is answering Earth's prayers by not stopping the earthquakes, floods and other natural disasters.

glockmail
01-14-2010, 03:40 PM
.....but why would he bother doing that when he could turn glock into a speed daemon.... Not only are you ignorant about God but your reading comprehension is also terrible. LOL

I pray for my safety, not speed, as I figure the latter isn't and shouldn't be important to God. Just give me safety Lord, and leave the rest up to me.....

HogTrash
01-14-2010, 03:42 PM
=/
You know i'd be pretty pissed if i believed in god and was praying for the health of a loved on who was ill, and found out that instead he was spending his time on the beer night ski league.You should rejoyce in the realization that your prayers have miraculously healed your loved one and that is why he is on the ski slopes with friends, drinking beer and enjoying life.

Noir
01-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Not only are you ignorant about God but your reading comprehension is also terrible. LOL

True indeed, i dunno why, i literally read you're story like 4 times, but just couldn't get it, the best i could get was that you came first place in a skiing challenge, and as you saw a big bird it must of been through gods hand,

I pray for my safety, not speed, as I figure the latter isn't and shouldn't be important to God. Just give me safety Lord, and leave the rest up to me.....

So how exactly did god intervene?

SassyLady
01-14-2010, 03:52 PM
True indeed, i dunno why, i literally read you're story like 4 times, but just couldn't get it, the best i could get was that you came first place in a skiing challenge, and as you saw a big bird it must of been through gods hand,

So how exactly did god intervene?

God didn't intervene - he just gave Glock the confidence to pull it off and gave him a sign that he was there watching and giving him support.

glockmail
01-14-2010, 03:55 PM

No we use NASTAR rules, where we race against a pacesetter for 1 point (completion), 2 points (bronze), 3 points (silver), four points (gold) and 5 points (platinum). There are many different brackets with respect to sex and age, so a 21 year old male can compete against an 85 year old female.

http://www.nastar.com/images/NASTAR-Handicap-Chart0910.gif

Team One has two pacesetters and they pick whoever did best against their own fixed handicaps (one is a 5, the other is an 8) to score everyone. They have obtained their fixed handicaps by racing directly against the number one racer in the US, which I believe happens at the annual finals at Steamboat. In my bracket to score gold I have to get no more than 23.99% slower that the pacesetter.

So no, I didn't get even close to first place, but that wasn't the point of this thread as I pointed out to you yet again.

Noir
01-14-2010, 03:57 PM
God didn't intervene - he just gave Glock the confidence to pull it off and gave him a sign that he was there watching and giving him support.

Serious? dear blesses.

Noir
01-14-2010, 03:59 PM
So no, I didn't get even close to first place, but that wasn't the point of this thread as I pointed out to you yet again

Nopes, as much as i can gather the point was that you prayed and then saw a big bird, now call me crazy but....

glockmail
01-14-2010, 04:09 PM
.....So how exactly did god intervene?

I interpreted it that He sent an angel, who helped me turn my usual "oh-shit-on-my-ass" instinct into "bring-your-leg-down". Angels have wings and hence, the white bird.

I should note that two of my team members, both better skiers than I am, fell on that same run (different turns) and they were directly behind me. One felt his knee pop and skied out, then had to be sledded down and the other caught a tip, spun around and saw stars when his helmet hit the ground.

I prayed for both of them to be healed. Mr. Knee called me last night to tell me that he didn't tear an ACL like he suspected and will be back next week with a brace. Mr. Head called me as well and he appears to be fine.

Two years ago another friend of mine, possible the best skier among us, fell and hit his head during a free ski. I didn't know about it until two weeks had gone by. Here's a guy who grew up at Mt. Hood, spent winters in his early 20's living in a RV parked at at western resorts, and has been heli-skiing several times and he was out for the season, and basically had to re-learn the sport; obvious nerve damage or some rewiring had taken place.

glockmail
01-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Nopes, as much as i can gather the point was that you prayed and then saw a big bird, now call me crazy but.... That's awesome dude; I know atheists are crazy. :lol:

There's that reading comprehension thing again. I said that I saw:

... a medium sized white bird flying away from me...

:lol:

Noir
01-14-2010, 04:44 PM
That's awesome dude; I know atheists are crazy. :lol:

There's that reading comprehension thing again. I said that I saw:

:lol:

"You never see a bird that big in the mountains"

You saw a big bird compared to the normal, was what i was driving at.

glockmail
01-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Nice try, no cigar. :lame2:

Mr. P
01-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Intervention? Or?

Maybe.

I know many folks have events in life that are puzzling. It would be interesting to hear their stories. New thread perhaps?

As for bringing yer leg down and avoiding a crash..I donno...but I have some thoughts.

First experiance.
Then the decision to act which may have been the deciding factor.

The bird was just lost. Or maybe it was a white owl?

Noir
01-14-2010, 04:53 PM
I interpreted it that He sent an angel, who helped me turn my usual "oh-shit-on-my-ass" instinct into "bring-your-leg-down". Angels have wings and hence, the white bird.

I should note that two of my team members, both better skiers than I am, fell on that same run (different turns) and they were directly behind me. One felt his knee pop and skied out, then had to be sledded down and the other caught a tip, spun around and saw stars when his helmet hit the ground.

I prayed for both of them to be healed. Mr. Knee called me last night to tell me that he didn't tear an ACL like he suspected and will be back next week with a brace. Mr. Head called me as well and he appears to be fine.

Two years ago another friend of mine, possible the best skier among us, fell and hit his head during a free ski. I didn't know about it until two weeks had gone by. Here's a guy who grew up at Mt. Hood, spent winters in his early 20's living in a RV parked at at western resorts, and has been heli-skiing several times and he was out for the season, and basically had to re-learn the sport; obvious nerve damage or some rewiring had taken place.

So basicly his intervention was you, thinking. Do you know how often i've been ice-skating, gone to fall and have gone from thinking "oh blesses" to "pull back leg" and not fallen?...atleast 2 or 3 times in a 2 hour session, i put that down to not being a very good ice-skater, but good enough to keep on my skates when things go wrong. Do you think its god instead?

glockmail
01-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Intervention? Or?

Maybe.

I know many folks have events in life that are puzzling. It would be interesting to hear their stories. New thread perhaps?

As for bringing yer leg down and avoiding a crash..I donno...but I have some thoughts.

First experiance.
Then the decision to act which may have been the deciding factor.

The bird was just lost. Or maybe it was a white owl?

It could have been an owl or a dove. But then again I haven't seen birds flying around up thee during the winter, and don't know why they would during a cold night.

glockmail
01-14-2010, 05:23 PM
So basicly his intervention was you, thinking. Do you know how often i've been ice-skating, gone to fall and have gone from thinking "oh blesses" to "pull back leg" and not fallen?...atleast 2 or 3 times in a 2 hour session, i put that down to not being a very good ice-skater, but good enough to keep on my skates when things go wrong. Do you think its god instead? No, since you're an atheist it was just you. Try doing it at 60 kilometers per hour and see if it still works like that.

Noir
01-14-2010, 05:51 PM
No, since you're an atheist it was just you. Try doing it at 60 kilometers per hour and see if it still works like that.

Righto, so if there is an athiest that is skiing at 60K and he goes to fall and suddenly thinks 'put leg down' thats just him...but when its you it happens to it must be god =/

glockmail
01-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Righto, so if there is an athiest that is skiing at 60K and he goes to fall and suddenly thinks 'put leg down' thats just him...but when its you it happens to it must be god =/ Actually, I don't think you'd be able to do it. Give it a try.

Noir
01-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Actually, I don't think you'd be able to do it. Give it a try.

Personally, no i couldn't, but i bet i could kick yo ass on 'Extreme mode' on dance dance revelation, not due to and Godly help, just practice,
See you are now trying to interlude skill into the debate, which really works against you on this,
Personally i think you are doing yourself an injustice, you were able to stay on your Skis and not on your ass due to skill and quick reactions,

Mr. P
01-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Righto, so if there is an athiest that is skiing at 60K and he goes to fall and suddenly thinks 'put leg down' thats just him...but when its you it happens to it must be god =/

I may very well be wrong but..I don't think "intervention" if there is such a thing is only available to one group.

Just a matter of seeing it for what it is..maybe?

glockmail
01-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Personally, no i couldn't, but i bet i could kick yo ass on 'Extreme mode' on dance dance revelation... I bet there's a pole involved.

Noir
01-14-2010, 07:46 PM
I bet there's a pole involved.

Nope, i don't know what you think i'm talking about, or what you want me to be talking about, but i don't pole dance, sorry.

Abbey Marie
01-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Glock, I admire you for posting about such a personal experience. Unfortunately, it is all foolishness to those who do not believe. You were lucky enough to have it, you know what it means to you, and that is what really matters. :beer:

Mr. P
01-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Glock, I admire you for posting about such a personal experience. Unfortunately, it is all foolishness to those who do not believe. You were lucky enough to have it, you know what it means to you, and that is what really matters. :beer:

I admire you too, Glock! That was indeed a very a personal experience. You could have fallin for cryin out loud! :ssex: :lmao: :puke3:

Abbey Marie
01-15-2010, 12:10 AM
I admire you too, Glock! That was indeed a very a personal experience. You could have fallin for cryin out loud! :ssex: :lmao: :puke3:

Mocking others is nothing to be proud of. Internet mocking even less so.

Mr. P
01-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Mocking others is nothing to be proud of. Internet mocking even less so.

Really? I've seen MUCH worse ...right here by most everyone..Including you. :eek:

glockmail
01-15-2010, 08:52 AM
I admire you too, Glock! That was indeed a very a personal experience. You could have fallin for cryin out loud! ... At 40mph. :lame2:

Abbey Marie
01-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Really? I've seen MUCH worse ...right here by most everyone..Including you. :eek:

Go on Mr, find a post where I have mocked a member of this board for relating their own heartfelt personal experience. Not my style.

Kathianne
01-15-2010, 05:32 PM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Food/eating-popcorn-04.gif

What an unusual pairing.

glockmail
01-26-2010, 08:52 AM
We went to church last Sunday in this little town in western Virginia. It was probably about a 150 year old building in an old neighborhood with on street parking. I expected it to take 30 minutes to get there and we weren't sure where it was so we left 45 minutes early, parked the car close but in a snowbank blocking a mail box and got there just before the processional. There was probably 200 seats and 250 people in there. Folks were in the balcony, in this little side area and about two dozen standing in the back.

The usher near the front and gets my attention then signals "four" so I send the family towards him and he sits us right behind the organist and I'm actually behind a stone column in a seat without a kneeler. Then the processional hymn ends and the mass begins.

The priest was from central America I think and had a great booming voice. He was very inspiring especially the homily.

There was a woman behind me about my age or younger and having throat problems right after the first hymn. She was trying to clear her throat and obviously having a difficult time for several minutes. I thought about an annual ritual that The Church does called Blessing of the Throat, so I simply sat with my knees against the column, felt my own throat an made a sign of the cross over it with my thumb, and she quieted right down. She was fine for about 45 minutes then started up again, so I said another prayer for her the same way and she quieted down again.

The power of prayer is really amazing. :beer:

glockmail
02-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Last Saturday I skied awful. I fell twice in my first warm-up run in heavy crusted power, it was freezing rain, windy and fog and the slalom course was all that mess over a chopped up base of ice balls- creating huge ruts down to bare ground in two spots. My feet hurt and I developed two pinch spots in my boots. I came in next to last of all the men.

I was pretty depressed and wasn't looking forward to Sunday's giant slalom runs on a very steep and intimidating course. I was almost looking for an excuse not to show up. After dinner I went down to see my boot fitter and oddly my wife asked to go with me. My usual guy was not there so I hung out in the apparel shop waiting for her to shop. My friend Drew said "hey" behind the counter and I told him I needed to see Andy about my boots. He said that he could help me and he spent about 45 minutes working on them to get rid of the problem.

When we got back I was tired but loaded the car with skis for the next day. I even messed that up because I forgot my daughter's skis and poles. It wasn't until we were in the parking lot the next morning that my error was discovered, and I had to race back to the house with her to get the gear.

After that though Sunday was a completely different world than the day before. It was 12 degrees when we got out with a bright blue sky and warm sun. My first and only warm-up run was some of the best skiing that I have ever done. The snow was incredible. The race course had incredible grip but very firm and would hold up well under race conditions. I felt great, even stripped of my bulky jacket and went "All Out", running the best time of my life: 0.2 seconds slower than the usual top guy in my division. In his second run he wiped out and didn't place.

After my second run I met up with my wife on the lower part of the course watching the rest of the races. She asked me how I did, and I told her that it had been an incredible morning for me. They even screwed up the race order, and seeded me second instead of 12th or so, so my first run was on a clean course.

She then told me that she had prayed the night before for me to have a better day. :beer:

chloe
02-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Last Saturday I skied awful. I fell twice in my first warm-up run in heavy crusted power, it was freezing rain, windy and fog and the slalom course was all that mess over a chopped up base of ice balls- creating huge ruts down to bare ground in two spots. My feet hurt and I developed two pinch spots in my boots. I came in next to last of all the men.

I was pretty depressed and wasn't looking forward to Sunday's giant slalom runs on a very steep and intimidating course. I was almost looking for an excuse not to show up. After dinner I went down to see my boot fitter and oddly my wife asked to go with me. My usual guy was not there so I hung out in the apparel shop waiting for her to shop. My friend Drew said "hey" behind the counter and I told him I needed to see Andy about my boots. He said that he could help me and he spent about 45 minutes working on them to get rid of the problem.

When we got back I was tired but loaded the car with skis for the next day. I even messed that up because I forgot my daughter's skis and poles. It wasn't until we were in the parking lot the next morning that my error was discovered, and I had to race back to the house with her to get the gear.

After that though Sunday was a completely different world than the day before. It was 12 degrees when we got out with a bright blue sky and warm sun. My first and only warm-up run was some of the best skiing that I have ever done. The snow was incredible. The race course had incredible grip but very firm and would hold up well under race conditions. I felt great, even stripped of my bulky jacket and went "All Out", running the best time of my life: 0.2 seconds slower than the usual top guy in my division. In his second run he wiped out and didn't place.

After my second run I met up with my wife on the lower part of the course watching the rest of the races. She asked me how I did, and I told her that it had been an incredible morning for me. They even screwed up the race order, and seeded me second instead of 12th or so, so my first run was on a clean course.

She then told me that she had prayed the night before for me to have a better day. :beer:
I wish I had that kind of relationship to God that your wife has. God Hates me.

glockmail
02-02-2010, 09:11 PM
No He doesn't.

chloe
02-02-2010, 09:29 PM
No He doesn't.

Anyways you wouldnt know for sure. I just wish sometimes I could feel his presence, instead of just believeing in him with out feeling protected.

glockmail
02-02-2010, 09:38 PM
I know because He loves everyone, even bad folks, and you're a good folk.

You have a conscience, that's His presence.

Noir
02-02-2010, 10:24 PM
You know i'm gonna start praying to my box of cookies, and when something good happens to me i'm gonna post it here,
Do you think the CoC (Church of Cookie) will hit the big time? After all, the rewards are plentiful, all the cookies you can ever eat, forever! and the hell is exactly the same, except they force you to eat the cookies down there, and they don't give you anything to drink Dx

Mr. P
02-02-2010, 11:06 PM
You know i'm gonna start praying to my box of cookies, and when something good happens to me i'm gonna post it here,
Do you think the CoC (Church of Cookie) will hit the big time? After all, the rewards are plentiful, all the cookies you can ever eat, forever! and the hell is exactly the same, except they force you to eat the cookies down there, and they don't give you anything to drink Dx

Just be sure you pray to the "right" cookie or nothing good will happen and you'll go to hell anyway. :eek:

Noir
02-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Just be sure you pray to the "right" cookie or nothing good will happen and you'll go to hell anyway. :eek:

Yeps, the box was a mix of 'White Choc', Choc Chip' and 'Double choc' it is three and yet it is one.:laugh2:
and anyways i'll know if i'm praying to the right cookie God if because of how his tastyness answers my prayers. He will do one of three things when i ask for something 'yes' 'wait' and 'no'

i) Grant my prayer
ii) Wait a while until my prayer is granted, for that would serve me better though i may not understand
iii) Prayer never granted, though i may no understand the great crumbly one knows what is best, and it is best to not ever grant that prayer.

chloe
02-03-2010, 06:53 AM
I know because He loves everyone, even bad folks, and you're a good folk.

You have a conscience, that's His presence.

ok

glockmail
02-03-2010, 12:19 PM

Whatever floats your boat, dummy. :lame2:

Noir
02-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Whatever floats your boat, dummy. :lame2:

You love it really babz, no prayers were answered today, despite my need to go to the shops it kept raining =/

glockmail
02-03-2010, 07:37 PM
You love it really babz, no prayers were answered today, despite my need to go to the shops it kept raining =/ That's what you get for praying for something selfish, and to a god that you don't believe in. :lol:

HogTrash
02-03-2010, 07:54 PM
I then stand up straight and look up at the night sky just in time to see a medium sized white bird flying away from me, right over the finish shack about 80 yards away. You never see a bird that big in the mountains during the winter, especially this cold, all the naked tree branches covered perfectly with white. The only birds I see at this elevation and during the cold weather are little smoke-blue colored that ground nest in the rhododendrons, and then only around during the day.

I wasn’t surprised, and scored gold, four points, for our team.Could the bird have possibly been a killdeer?

They do fly at night and are white on the bottom.

They're a medium size bird that can be very noisey.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Killdeer/id

glockmail
02-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm familiar with that species since they are ground nesters, and tended to do so in my gravel driveway when I lived in Upstate New York. According to the range map, they only nest in the high Appalachians during the summer. And I've never seen them there then either.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/PHOTO/LARGE/char_voci_AllAm_map.gif

Noir
02-04-2010, 04:04 AM
That's what you get for praying for something selfish, and to a god that you don't believe in. :lol:

Indeedy because all your prayers are selfless i'm sure :laugh2:

But anyway, like i said, the great crumbly one answers prayers just like your god with either 'Yes, no or wait' Yesterday he decided no, who knows what he'll decided today....

Gaffer
02-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Indeedy because all your prayers are selfless i'm sure :laugh2:

But anyway, like i said, the great crumbly one answers prayers just like your god with either 'Yes, no or wait' Yesterday he decided no, who knows what he'll decided today....

I have an eight ball that does that.

Noir
02-04-2010, 09:23 AM
I have an eight ball that does that.

Exactly....EVERYTHING does that, because you can never be wrong if you accept that your answers and 'yes, no and wait' and yet people are still amazed by this random occurrence,

glockmail
02-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Then explain the bird. :laugh2:

Noir
02-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Then explain the bird. :laugh2:

Good lord, a lost bird!!!!!!!!!!

Srsly dude.

glockmail
02-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Good lord, a lost bird!!!!!!!!!!

Srsly dude. Lost? At 4800 feet elevation, at night, in the winter? :lame2:

Mr. P
02-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Lost? At 4800 feet elevation, at night, in the winter? :lame2:

Do birds fly at night, Glock?

glockmail
02-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Do birds fly at night, Glock? At that time, season and location, why would it be flying?

Mr. P
02-04-2010, 08:40 PM
At that time, season and location, why would it be flying?

I asked you "do birds fly at night?".

glockmail
02-04-2010, 09:59 PM
I asked you "do birds fly at night?". And I asked you a question that was more applicable to the discussion. :poke:

Mr. P
02-04-2010, 10:40 PM
And I asked you a question that was more applicable to the discussion. :poke:

Sorry Glock, I don't play the answer a question with a question game.

You can answer if you want and we can move on. The choice is yours.

So, what do you say "do birds fly at night?".

glockmail
02-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Sorry Glock, I don't play the answer a question with a question game.

You can answer if you want and we can move on. The choice is yours.

So, what do you say "do birds fly at night?".

Then let me ask you a question which is just as appropriate to the discussion. Are you a fag? :slap:

Noir
02-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Then let me ask you a question which is just as appropriate to the discussion. Are you a fag? :slap:

And behold, your Christian sprit comes shinning through /sark.

glockmail
02-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Explain.

Noir
02-06-2010, 06:23 AM
Explain.

The word please is free ya know,

I'm just saying, Mr. P ask you a pretty simple question and rather than just admit that the fact that it was night could well of had nothing to do with the bird flying, and then go on to focus about how high it was up ect, you instead have resorted to personal insults, which i find quiet ironic given this is a thread about how you believe you have seen proof of your God, is that how your god likes you to react to such questions? By yelling fag?

Anyways sir, i'm just saying that its always best to just admit when you've made a small mistake, rather than go hyper defensive, which only draws more attention to the fact that you made a mistake, and only serves to further undermine your arguments later on when its clear that when you have been confronted with an obvious mistake you are unable to accept it and move on, but you would rather go on an obnoxious personal attack.

glockmail
02-07-2010, 07:54 PM
The word please is free ya know,

I'm just saying, Mr. P ask you a pretty simple question and rather than just admit that the fact that it was night could well of had nothing to do with the bird flying, and then go on to focus about how high it was up ect, you instead have resorted to personal insults, which i find quiet ironic given this is a thread about how you believe you have seen proof of your God, is that how your god likes you to react to such questions? By yelling fag?

Anyways sir, i'm just saying that its always best to just admit when you've made a small mistake, rather than go hyper defensive, which only draws more attention to the fact that you made a mistake, and only serves to further undermine your arguments later on when its clear that when you have been confronted with an obvious mistake you are unable to accept it and move on, but you would rather go on an obnoxious personal attack.When have I insulted anyone, or been defensive? Methinks you are projecting.

What mistake?

glockmail
02-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Awesome snow last night, very "turny" course. I am not able to meet my goal of getting two platinum scores (only one week left in the series and solid gold so far), but I beat the GM of the resort, formerly on the Austrian ski team, along with my friend form Asheville who coaches the high school team. :dance: