PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me the difference

SassyLady
01-14-2010, 03:09 PM
between this event and Katrina?

Emergency Weather Bulletin

This text is from a county emergency manager out in the western part of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan after a severe snow storm ...

The Mining Journal,Marquette, MI

WEATHER BULLETIN

Up here in the Northern part of Michigan we just recovered from a Historic event --- may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions" --- with a historic blizzard of up to 44" inches of snow and winds to 90 MPH that broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded hundreds of motorists in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated scores of communities and cut power to 10's of thousands.

FYI:

Obama did not come.

FEMA did nothing.

No one howled for the government.

No one blamed the government.

No one even uttered an expletive on TV.

Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit.

Our Mayor's did not blame Obama or anyone else.

Our Governor did not blame Obama or anyone else either.

CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX, or NBC did not visit - or even report on this category 5snow storm.

Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards.

No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House.

No one looted.

Nobody - I mean Nobody demanded the government do something.

Nobody expected the government to do anything either.

No Larry King, No Bill O'Rielly, No Oprah, No Chris Mathews and No Geraldo Rivera.

No Shaun Penn, No Barbara Striesand,
No Brad Pitts, No Hollywood types to be found.

Nope, we just melted the snow for water.

Sent out caravans of SUV's to pluck people out of snow engulfed cars.

The truck drivers pulled people out of snow banks and didn't ask for a penny.

Local restaurants made food, and the police and fire departments delivered it to the snow bound families..

Families took in the stranded people - total strangers.

We fired up wood stoves, broke out coal oil lanterns or Coleman lanterns.

We put on an extra layers of clothes because up here it is "Work or Die".

We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us out of a mess created by being immobilized by a welfare program that trades votes for 'sittin at home' checks.

Even though a Category 5 blizzard of this scale is not usual, we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves.

I hope this gets passed on.

Maybe .....
SOME people will get the message ......
The world does Not owe you a living.

There were some awesome pictures that didn't carry over, but the message is still just as powerful.

So, tell me what you think the difference is.

HogTrash
01-14-2010, 03:21 PM
OK, I will say what everybody already knows.

If you want help from the government, you're gonna need to import some negroes, at least temporaraly.

SassyLady
01-14-2010, 03:24 PM
OK, I will say what everybody already knows.

If you want help from the government, you're gonna need to import some negroes, at least temporarely.

Gosh, Hog, I thought this would take a lot longer and tons more analysis than that! However, I think you might be on to something here. :beer:

Is it that no one thinks white people need help or is it because we can take care of the situation ourselves???

Mr. P
01-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Gosh, Hog, I thought this would take a lot longer and tons more analysis than that! However, I think you might be on to something here. :beer:

Is it that no one thinks white people need help or is it because we can take care of the situation ourselves???

It's not that whites "can take care of the situation" it's that they DO.

crin63
01-14-2010, 10:08 PM

There were some awesome pictures that didn't carry over, but the message is still just as powerful.

There's no political power to gain by exploiting this situation and everything is controlled by Dims right now so any outrage might them look bad and nobody wants that while they are trying to ram health care takeover down our throats.

PostmodernProphet
01-15-2010, 07:53 AM

lol, it's the UP.....people live there because they LIKE weather like that......"it's snowin', eh?"

DragonStryk72
01-15-2010, 03:53 PM
lol, the difference is they're northerners. This kind of thing happens each year. We get slammed with snow, and being from Albany, NY originally, I know what it means when this kind of weather happens. Back when I was growing, we got a storm in October that was so bad we didn't have power for three days. So during that time, my mom used the bbq grill to cook, and since we had a ton of extra food, we (by we, my parents meant me, walking through the snow drifts that were bigger than me) took things like cake, pies, dinners and whatnot to our neighbors. We all gathered up in the living room with our space heater (we held onto enough kerosene to make sure we were pretty much okay as long as we didn't get nuts), and hurricane lanterns. We played yahtzee, monopoly, scrabble, and all sorts of games, made snow forts. Our neighbors accused us of enjoying the snow storm.

Kathianne
01-15-2010, 04:32 PM
I agree with the sentiment, but seems this one has been around a long time:

http://www.snopes.com/katrina/soapbox/snowfall.asp

PostmodernProphet
01-15-2010, 07:50 PM
ah pictures like this bring back memories.....I remember the winter I was in 7th grade....throwing chunks of snow from the top of the drift DOWN on the schoolbus that picked up my sister....

http://graphics2.snopes.com/photos/natural/graphics/oswego3_small.jpg

bullypulpit
01-15-2010, 10:45 PM

:lol:

Katrina was real. This is just a rehash of a similar bogus "Emergency Weather Bulletin" circulated in 2005. You can find it <a href=http://www.snopes.com/katrina/soapbox/snowfall.asp>HERE</a>. 30 seconds on GOOGLE found it. Does this mean you simply take everything sent to you by your RWN fellow travelers at face value...? Or are you just too intellectually lazy to actually find out the facts before you broadcast the BS like a drunken sailor on liberty broadcasts his seed?

I dunno which is worse...that you actually fell for it, or that you mindlessly, uncritically repeated it. Either way, you come off the poorer for it.

SassyLady
01-16-2010, 02:02 AM
I agree with the sentiment, but seems this one has been around a long time:

http://www.snopes.com/katrina/soapbox/snowfall.asp

Guess I should have posted in the lounge. Sorry!!! :eek:

Agnapostate
01-16-2010, 07:44 AM
It is telling that you'd be so eager to post that, though. :laugh:

Kathianne
01-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Guess I should have posted in the lounge. Sorry!!! :eek:

Hey, we've all had that happen. ;)