PDA

View Full Version : New Polls

sgtdmski
01-15-2010, 06:41 AM
Well it is around 2 AM in Alaska, and I am still up after getting off work at 11:30 PM. But got some interesting news watching Morning Joe.

In a total shock to me, I have found out that in Massachusetts in the election for Ted Kennedy's vacant seat, a Republican, A REPUBLICAN, is actually leading!!!!!! OMG HELL MUST BE FREEZING OVER!!!!

Not only that, but in another poll, 50% of Americans said that in 2012 they would vote for someone other than Barrack Obama, only 39% said they would vote for Obama.

Hmm lets see, a Republican could win the Massachussetts seat, meaning Goodbye 60 votes, and the end to Obamacare, and Barrack Obama would only get 39% of the vote in 2012, say Goodbye Obama!!!!!

Damn and here I thought it would be a boring day. God I miss FOX news, gonna have to write GCI yet again!!!!!!

dmk

CSM
01-15-2010, 08:21 AM
Well it is around 2 AM in Alaska, and I am still up after getting off work at 11:30 PM. But got some interesting news watching Morning Joe.

In a total shock to me, I have found out that in Massachusetts in the election for Ted Kennedy's vacant seat, a Republican, A REPUBLICAN, is actually leading!!!!!! OMG HELL MUST BE FREEZING OVER!!!!

Not only that, but in another poll, 50% of Americans said that in 2012 they would vote for someone other than Barrack Obama, only 39% said they would vote for Obama.

Hmm lets see, a Republican could win the Massachussetts seat, meaning Goodbye 60 votes, and the end to Obamacare, and Barrack Obama would only get 39% of the vote in 2012, say Goodbye Obama!!!!!

Damn and here I thought it would be a boring day. God I miss FOX news, gonna have to write GCI yet again!!!!!!

dmk

Well, IF (and that's a big "if") Brown gets elected and IF (another big "if") he gets seated in time, he MIGHT have an impact on the healthcare reform fiasco. There is no doubt in my mind why the Dems want to ram this through as quickly as possible. They know the longer it takes the more folks will realize how bad this 2000 page pice of crap really is and reject it. Now we have the unions (huge special interest group!) getting a sweet heart deal (if it was from repubs it would be called a bribe) directly from the Dems and Obama. The corruption is really starting to become transparent (just like Obama and Pelosi promised!)

Anyway, back to Brown.

Many of the medical device manufacturers that will be heavily taxed are located in Mass. Those companies have already done the analysis and been able to determine the impact of this bill. Some companies have already begun adjusting budgets (reducing research and development and marketing staff is apparently a "budget adjustment") to mitigate the coming taxes. Naturally, they also anticipate raising the prices on their products as well. If you think aspirin is expensive, check out what it costs to outfit an ambulance with something besides a driver and bandaids!

Many of the employed folks of Mass are beginning to realize that electing Brown could just mean they have a job next year.

red states rule
01-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Wow, great scott!!!!!

If these polls hold up until Tuesday morning, I hope the voters will be protected from the Black Panthers, ACORN, and SEIU thugs on their way and at the polls

Dems are shi**** their pants this morning, and the battle is heating up on the front lines

crin63
01-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Lets not worry about a Republican winning any close elections. The Dims will recount and recount and recount and find votes and find votes until they win. I'm sure they will spend the weekend manufacturing votes to find come Wednesday morning.

Gaffer
01-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Lets not worry about a Republican winning any close elections. The Dims will recount and recount and recount and find votes and find votes until they win. I'm sure they will spend the weekend manufacturing votes to find come Wednesday morning.

Yep when it comes to recounts they know how to make numbers work.

Look at all these votes we found on the floor behind the chair, wonder how they got there. Oh my, just enough for a democrat win win.

CSM
01-15-2010, 10:45 AM
I suppose that this state election could very well be an indicator of other senate races. Anyone seen poll numbers for Reid in Nevada? USA Today indicates that he may be in trouble (though he wont admit it) and, as yet, no competition has even been announced!

CSM
01-15-2010, 02:28 PM
OOOPS!

Looks like Obama will be paying a visit to the Commonwealth after all. Just heard on the news that little tidbit.

Kathianne
01-15-2010, 03:19 PM
OOOPS!

Looks like Obama will be paying a visit to the Commonwealth after all. Just heard on the news that little tidbit.

Just popped up on NPR, Obama to campaign for Cokely, but Brown leading now:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/politicaljunkie/2010/01/new_poll_has_brown_up_obama_wi.html

New Poll Has Brown Up; Obama Will Campaign For Coakley
1:32 pm

January 15, 2010

comments (1)
Recommend (1)
Just saying it out loud sounds crazy: The political world is focusing on a Senate race in Massachusetts.

Yes, that Massachusetts. The one that hasn't elected a Republican to the Senate since 1972 -- ironically, the same year in which it was the only state in the nation to buck the Nixon tide. A state that has had an all-Democratic congressional delegation since 1997. The Senate seat at stake in Tuesday's special election has been in Democratic hands since 1953.

And yet, a new Suffolk University poll has the Republican candidate, state Sen. Scott Brown, slightly ahead of the Democrat, state Attorney General Martha Coakley. Brown 50, Coakley 46. Yes, it's a statistical tie. But it's nowhere near what the Boston Globe showed on Sunday, when it had Coakley up by 15 points.

David Peleologos, the poll's director, spelled it out:

Although the results show a race within the statistical margin of error, Scott Brown has surged dramatically. He is attracting independent support by a wide margin and even winning some Democrats who won't vote the party line this time.
And here are some of the findings:

01-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Im cautiously optimistic here. But Im going to wait till Tuesday night before I get too excited.

Kathianne
01-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Im cautiously optimistic here. But Im going to wait till Tuesday night before I get too excited.

I don't disagree, but am heartened as I sort of thought he'd 'peaked' too early, last weekend. Seems his momentum was just beginning.

sgtdmski
01-17-2010, 03:58 PM
I agree about being cautious. However, do you really think it is a good idea for Obama to visit? He did that in New Jersey during the governor's race, and well what was the end result??? The Dems still lost. Maybe he should visit!!!!!!

dmk

Jeff
01-17-2010, 09:44 PM
I think the Dems made a big mistake by trying to drag him down with the new lie that he voted for all woman that are raped to not be allowed to go to the ER, People aren't that stupid and if he can show what he really voted for ( not giving the morning after pill at the ER's) he will win easily

red states rule
01-18-2010, 06:26 AM
According to NBC, Obama's low approval numbers is the Republican's fault

NBC’s Jenna Wolfe: Is ‘Unified Opposition’ from GOP Partly to Blame for Low Obama Approval?

On Sunday’s Today show – during which correspondent Savannah Guthrie filed a report which seemed to credit President Obama for "managing to avoid a depression," while also acknowledging that "the President's once sky-high approval rating slumped as unemployment stubbornly stayed in double digits" – after Guthrie’s report, anchor Jenna Wolfe wondered if Republicans were partly to blame for Obama’s plunging poll numbers.

Hosting former Bush Chief of Staff Andy Card and former Clinton White House Spokesperson Joe Lockhart, Wolfe at one point asked Card: "Andy, you mentioned earlier about the President's popularity. Yes, it's down. Recent polls show his approval rating at 47 percent. Yes, the economy accounts for much of that drop. How much of it can be linked to unified opposition from Republicans for initiatives like health care?"

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2010/01/18/nbc-s-jenna-wolfe-unified-opposition-gop-partly-blame-low-obama-appro