PDA

View Full Version : Brown to Obama : "Stay Away"

red states rule
01-15-2010, 08:53 AM
I have to hand to to Scott Brown - he has the political guts to tell Obama to keep his nose out of this race and let the candidates fight it out

Of course, given the success Obama had in helping the Democrat candidates in VA and NJ in the last elections, he might want Obama to appear for Coakley

Scott Brown: Obama not invited to this party

Surging GOP Senate candidate Scott Brown yesterday warned President Obama to “stay away” from the Bay State during his roiling race against Democratic rival Martha Coakley and not to interfere with their intensifying battle in the campaign’s final days.

“He should stay away and let Martha and I discuss the issues one on one,” Brown said. “The machine is coming out of the woodwork to get her elected. They’re bringing in outsiders, and we don’t need them.”

Coakley’s campaign showed signs of panic as they scrambled to get a last-minute appearance by Obama to bolster their effort before Tuesday’s election

Some polls are showing the Senate contest far closer than any pundits expected, and Coakley in danger of losing her clear shot at the historic seat.

Coakley said yesterday she hasn’t heard from the White House. “I welcome his support, but we’ve got a lot of support here in Massachusetts (and) I think he’s got a lot on his plate in Washington,” she said.

Obama press secretary Robert Gibbs said yesterday that the president had no plans to visit Massachusetts, even though he realizes “there’s a lot at stake in the election.”

But sources said Coakley is pushing for a Sunday event with Obama as the race remains glued to the national spotlight.

“We would love to see Obama any time,” said Boston City Council President Michael Ross, a Coakley supporter who attended her event at Dorchester’s Kit Clark Senior Center yesterday. “Any time the president of the United States comes it will remind Democrats to get involved

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/politics/view/20100114scott_brown_obama_not_invited_to_this_part y/srvc=home&position=0

CSM
01-15-2010, 08:58 AM
I have to hand to to Scott Brown - he has the political guts to tell Obama to keep his nose out of this race and let the candidates fight it out

Of course, given the success Obama had in helping the Democrat candidates in VA and NJ in the last elections, he might want Obama to appear for Coakley

The voters will decide. It is rather interesting that Brown (according to polls) has over 60% of the independent voters. They will be the deciding factor in this race for sure!

Gaffer
01-15-2010, 09:01 AM
They want him to drop everything and rush in to make a last ditch appeal. It's worked so well in that past year.

red states rule
01-15-2010, 09:03 AM
The voters will decide. It is rather interesting that Brown (according to polls) has over 60% of the independent voters. They will be the deciding factor in this race for sure!

Actually the other day I heard on the radio, his numbers with independents is about 70% - 30%

Which is shocking

I did not know there were any independents in MA

red states rule
01-15-2010, 09:03 AM
They want him to drop everything and rush in to make a last ditch appeal. It's worked so well in that past year.

We can only hope

Chances are. Obama will strut into town and make a fool of himself as usual

CSM
01-15-2010, 09:08 AM
We can only hope

Maybe Biden will go! After all, Obama is pretty busy heading up the relief effort to Haiti, overseeing the "payoffs" to get healthcare rammed thru, supervising the investigations on terrorists' successful infiltration of our military and supposedly "secure" airways as well as embracing (literally) our former enemies.

Gaffer
01-15-2010, 09:09 AM
We can only hope

That's one thing he never fails to accomplish.

red states rule
01-15-2010, 09:13 AM
That's one thing he never fails to accomplish.

Just a thought, whio will get Bill Clinton's coffee if Obama goes to MA?

CSM
01-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Just a thought, whio will get Bill Clinton's coffee if Obama goes to MA?

Not sure but I bet she wears a blue dress!

red states rule
01-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Next question.

I wonder how many "found" votes for Coakley will turn up Wednesday morning

CSM
01-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Next question.

I wonder how many "found" votes for Coakley will turn up Wednesday morning

Just enough to get her elected.

red states rule
01-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Just enough to get her elected.

Given this mronings polls, that will alot of "found" votes in alot of car/van trunks

You can count of Dems rounding up the foot soldiers from ACORN, and SEIU right now with orders to "save and create" as many votes as possible

red states rule
01-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Maybe Biden will go! After all, Obama is pretty busy heading up the relief effort to Haiti, overseeing the "payoffs" to get healthcare rammed thru, supervising the investigations on terrorists' successful infiltration of our military and supposedly "secure" airways as well as embracing (literally) our former enemies.

Now if the noone goes - then you know Coakley is toast

namvet
01-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Osama's not going. he would require a teleprompter !!!!!

Obama Releases Online Ad Supporting Coakley; Visit Unlikely

Obama may not be headed to Massachusetts to boost Democrat Martha Coakley's bid for Ted Kennedy's Senate seat, but he is offering her support online.

link (link)

Kathianne
01-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Actually the other day I heard on the radio, his numbers with independents is about 70% - 30%

Which is shocking

I did not know there were any independents in MA

I just heard the MA has 3:1 Dems-Rep. 49% however is 'independent', thus they will decide this race.

01-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Obama wont even be noticed. Not while the playoffs are going.

DragonStryk72
01-15-2010, 04:21 PM
I think the growth of indies in MA is actually pretty telling, because it does point to pretty much what I've said: now that we've gone ahead and screwed going so far to the left, people are going to start snapping out of the malaise, and that means that you'll see more and more ind./3rd party votes raining in.

red states rule
01-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Perhaps the internal polling of the Dems is telling them they are going to lose

The talking points are being written and passed out to the talking heads

Massachusetts: 'Bottom has fallen out' of Coakley's polls; Dems prepare to explain defeat, protect Obama

By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent

01/15/10 7:10 AM EST

Here in Massachusetts, as well as in Washington, a growing sense of gloom is setting in among Democrats about the fortunes of Democratic Senate candidate Martha Coakley. "I have heard that in the last two days the bottom has fallen out of her poll numbers," says one well-connected Democratic strategist. In her own polling, Coakley is said to be around five points behind Republican Scott Brown. "If she's not six or eight ahead going into the election, all the intensity is on the other side in terms of turnout," the Democrat says. "So right now, she is destined to lose."

Intensifying the gloom, the Democrat says, is the fact that the same polls showing Coakley falling behind also show President Obama with a healthy approval rating in the state. "With Obama at 60 percent in Massachusetts, this shouldn't be happening, but it is," the Democrat says.

Given those numbers, some Democrats, eager to distance Obama from any electoral failure, are beginning to compare Coakley to Creigh Deeds, the losing Democratic candidate in the Virginia governor's race last year. Deeds ran such a lackluster campaign, Democrats say, that his defeat could be solely attributed to his own shortcomings, and should not be seen as a referendum on President Obama's policies or those of the national Democratic party.

The same sort of thinking is emerging in Massachusetts. "This is a Creigh Deeds situation," the Democrat says. "I don't think it says that the Obama agenda is a problem. I think it says, 1) that she's a terrible candidate, 2) that she ran a terrible campaign, 3) that the climate is difficult but she should have been able to overcome it, and 4) that Democrats beware -- you better run good campaigns, or you're going to lose."

With the election still four days away, Democrats are still hoping that "something could happen" to change the dynamics of the race. But until that thing happens, the situation as it exists today explains Barack Obama's decision not to travel to Massachusetts to campaign for Coakley. "If the White House thinks she can win, Obama will be there," the Democrat says. "If they don't think she can win, he won't be there." For national Democrats, the task is now to insulate Obama against any suggestion that a Coakley defeat would be a judgment on the president's agenda and performance in office.

The private talk among Democrats is also reflected in some public polling on the race. Late Thursday, we learned the results of a Suffolk University poll showing Brown in the lead by four points, 50 percent to 46 percent. That poll showed Obama with a 55 percent approval rating. Also on Thursday, two of Washington's leading political analysts, Stuart Rothenberg and Charlie Cook, each changed their assessment of the Brown/Coakley race from a narrow advantage for Coakley to a toss-up

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Massachusetts-Bottom-has-fallen-out-of-Coakleys-poll-numbers-Dems-prepare-to-explain-defeat-protect-Obama-81681862.html#ixzz0ckKtjHBY

Gaffer
01-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Throw the loser under the bus and keep driving.

chloe
01-16-2010, 10:48 AM

:laugh2:

red states rule
01-16-2010, 10:48 AM

I am watching Fox News right no and Doug Schoen - a Dem pollster - is telling like it is,. This is a vote on Obama, his policies, and the Dem party on the whole

He said Independents are breaking for Brown by a 3 - 1 margin

OF course, the rest of the liberal media will try and toss Coakley aside and savage her as a lousy candidate IF she loses

Gaffer
01-16-2010, 11:40 AM
I am watching Fox News right no and Doug Schoen - a Dem pollster - is telling like it is,. This is a vote on Obama, his policies, and the Dem party on the whole

He said Independents are breaking for Brown by a 3 - 1 margin

OF course, the rest of the liberal media will try and toss Coakley aside and savage her as a lousy candidate IF she loses

Like a pack of wild dogs turning on the weakest one. I agree, this is an example of how the whole country feels about democrats in general. They need to keep doing what they're doing.

red states rule
01-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Like a pack of wild dogs turning on the weakest one. I agree, this is an example of how the whole country feels about democrats in general. They need to keep doing what they're doing.

Which is funny since the economic and social policies of liberal Democrats rewards the losers and punishes the winners