PDA

View Full Version : Natural Disasters

chloe
01-15-2010, 07:42 PM
I was thinking about all the natural disasters we have had the last few years, tsusanami, hurricane katrina, haiti earthquake,etc etc etc, I remember reading about how some old folks home just let old people die in one of those events. Then I started wondering what happens to people that are in medical hospitals in a coma, or mental hospitals like psychotics and schizophrenics, and what happens to the criminally insane prisoners in prison lockdown facilities? Are they all set loose even if the government tips off facilities ahead of time about the upcoming natural disaster? if they ignore the warnings then what, You have a bunch of medically sick people left helpless and dangerous crazed criminals suddenly loose? I watched some news thing that said people are walking around haiti with machetes:eek:

chloe
01-15-2010, 11:46 PM
The media always says a hurricane or earthquake was predicted 2 years ago or someone warned the country or state this event was going to happen, so is there a website of geologist predictions or meteorologists predictions where I can read the next upcoming natural disaster predictions?

Gaffer
01-16-2010, 10:43 AM
In the 70's there were a number of disasters around the world. Earthquakes, volcanoes, typhoons and hurricanes. Some serious snow storms and subzero temps. An earthquake and tsunami in Bangladesh killed 2 million people. Nothing new here except for the 24 hour news coverage.

As for people in hospitals they get evacuated if there is warning. If no warning they are removed as soon as possible.

I don't know about other states but, when I worked for the prison system here, there was a unpublished order that inmates in certain blocks were to be executed in the case of a cataclysmic disaster. Under no circumstances were they to be aloud to get out in the general population. This only pertained to maximum hardcore criminals.

chloe
01-16-2010, 10:45 AM
In the 70's there were a number of disasters around the world. Earthquakes, volcanoes, typhoons and hurricanes. Some serious snow storms and subzero temps. An earthquake and tsunami in Bangladesh killed 2 million people. Nothing new here except for the 24 hour news coverage.

As for people in hospitals they get evacuated if there is warning. If no warning they are removed as soon as possible.

I don't know about other states but, when I worked for the prison system here, there was a unpublished order that inmates in certain blocks were to be executed in the case of a cataclysmic disaster. Under no circumstances were they to be aloud to get out in the general population. This only pertained to maximum hardcore criminals.

That is good to know that serial killers won't run loose in a natural disaster. I suppose mental hospitals must get a similiar tipoff.

Gaffer
01-16-2010, 11:44 AM
That is good to know that serial killers won't run loose in a natural disaster. I suppose mental hospitals must get a similiar tipoff.

I don't know, never worked in one. Plus, things may have changed since I worked for the prison system. We now have a liberal governor who may have canceled that order. Then again, maybe no one told him about it.

chloe
01-16-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't know, never worked in one. Plus, things may have changed since I worked for the prison system. We now have a liberal governor who may have canceled that order. Then again, maybe no one told him about it.

I don't know what the plan is in Utah, Im going out with my stepdad today and he works at the local prison so I will ask him. I know if there is a civil war utah will block off its borders to keep outsiders out ! We have tunnels and food storage to keep going for a while.:coffee: