PDA

View Full Version : The Mormons

chloe
01-15-2010, 08:40 PM
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is one of America's fastest-growing religions and, relative to its size, one of the richest. Church membership, now at over 12 million and growing, sweeps the globe. But from the moment of its founding in 1830, the church has been controversial. Within a month, it had 40 converts and almost as many enemies. In the early years, Mormons were hated, ridiculed, persecuted and feared. Yet in the past several decades, the Mormon church has transformed itself from a fringe sect into a thriving religion that embraces mainstream American values; its members include prominent and powerful politicians, university presidents and corporate leaders.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/video/flv/generic.html?s=frol02s75fq114

http://www.pbs.org/mormons/view/?utm_campaign=viewpage&utm_medium=grid&utm_source=grid#more

chesswarsnow
01-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I've heard some weird stories of its founding.
2. Stuff so strange I don't see how it has gotten this far.
3. But I think they do have Jesus as their center.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
01-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I've heard some weird stories of its founding.
2. Stuff so strange I don't see how it has gotten this far.
3. But I think they do have Jesus as their center.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

:cool: It is a nice documentary more about the history to present.

chesswarsnow
01-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Sorry bout that,

:cool: It is a nice documentary more about the history to present.

1. Oh the nice cleaned up one, I see,.....
2. But what about the,.....

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
01-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh the nice cleaned up one, I see,.....
2. But what about the,.....

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I don't think we are allowed to post "R" rate things here.

chesswarsnow
01-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh, you mean the thing about the talking salamander?
2. Thats not "R" rated anyways.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
01-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh, you mean the thing about the talking salamander?
2. Thats not "R" rated anyways.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I mean't the polygamy show Big Love, I don't think you can post that because its rated R and shows nudity.

Gaffer
01-16-2010, 10:52 AM
I think he was referring to the massacre of a wagon train and confrontations between the Mormons and the US Cavalry. Been a long time since I read up on that bit of history.

chloe
01-16-2010, 10:55 AM
I think he was referring to the massacre of a wagon train and confrontations between the Mormons and the US Cavalry. Been a long time since I read up on that bit of history.

I was being quirky with him on purpose:cool:

Gaffer
01-16-2010, 11:25 AM
I was being quirky with him on purpose:cool:

ahhhh never mind. :popcorn:

chloe
01-16-2010, 11:31 AM
ahhhh never mind. :popcorn:
I'm not mormon , I only play one:laugh2:.....I don't know what the salamander story is, I visited church but sacrament was really boring and sometimes I daydreamed alot in church.

darin
01-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Some of the best people I've met over the course of my life have been or are Mormons. Good loving people. In their theogy or doctrine i think they are wrong as a football bat...but...I'd Love to live in a neighborhood of mormons.

chloe
01-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Some of the best people I've met over the course of my life have been or are Mormons. Good loving people. In their theogy or doctrine i think they are wrong as a football bat...but...I'd Love to live in a neighborhood of mormons.

Mormons have a good sense of humor, I like working with mormons at companies the most because they really make work a fun environment.:cool: But I don't like how they control other things here.

Trigg
01-17-2010, 05:12 PM

I have to agree, the religion just seems like a cult to me.

I'm sure they're very nice people and their devotion to family and neighborhood involvement is to be commended.

chesswarsnow
01-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah its real hard to explain away the talking salamander, and those magic glasses that the founder supposedly wore to read the magic golden plate that only he could read.
2. If you can get past that, then its all good afterwards I suppose.:coffee:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
01-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah its real hard to explain away the talking salamander, and those magic glasses that the founder supposedly wore to read the magic golden plate that only he could read.
2. If you can get past that, then its all good afterwards I suppose.:coffee:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

mushrooms?

chesswarsnow
01-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Sorry bout that,

mushrooms?

1. Yeah, thats what I was thinking,.....:laugh2:
2. Sounds like you never heard of *Joe Mushrooms Smith* then?:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Jeff
01-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah, thats what I was thinking,.....:laugh2:
2. Sounds like you never heard of *Joe Mushrooms Smith* then?:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Magic shrooms ??? what a wonderful thing, LOL

chloe
01-17-2010, 10:33 PM
I might have tried them a couple of times as a teen but I never started a religion over it, his must have been way better then mine were:cool:

Jeff
01-17-2010, 10:39 PM
I might have tried them a couple of times as a teen but I never started a religion over it, his must have been way better then mine were:cool:

I remember one New Years eve , LOL, I came home and parked my truck on the neighbors front lawn, then sat in the living room and watched a cartoon of some preety wild shit on the wall as my sister goofed with me, LOL, I could of started a religion that night

chloe
01-17-2010, 10:44 PM
I remember one New Years eve , LOL, I came home and parked my truck on the neighbors front lawn, then sat in the living room and watched a cartoon of some preety wild shit on the wall as my sister goofed with me, LOL, I could of started a religion that night

:laugh2: .....I would have joined your church

Jeff
01-17-2010, 10:48 PM
:laugh2: .....I would have joined your church

Would of been fun that is for sure, LOL

OK a question, your choice of relaxation, alcohol or Pot

chloe
01-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Would of been fun that is for sure, LOL

OK a question, your choice of relaxation, alcohol or Pot

pot what about you?

Jeff
01-17-2010, 10:53 PM
pot what about you?

Hmmmm, nothing I can't get out of my system within 48 hours, LOL, but if Pot was legal I wouldn't need cigarettes, LOL, the D.O.T. doesn't have any sense of humor, LOL

chloe
01-17-2010, 10:55 PM
who is the D.O.T.

Jeff
01-17-2010, 10:59 PM
who is the D.O.T.

Department of Transportation

They are the police in the scale houses that give random Pee test , lol, They are the police that police the truckers, lol

chloe
01-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Department of Transportation

They are the police in the scale houses that give random Pee test , lol, They are the police that police the truckers, lol

I should get a job there and go on a power trip with truckers:laugh2: ( I kid I kid)