PDA

View Full Version : What other Countries areHelping Haiti?

chloe
01-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Is there a list of Countries online that are offering money or help to Haiti besides the US?

Gaffer
01-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Don't know about a list online, but O'Rielly had a list. China sent 20 million. Cuba sent one plane with some supplies. Chavez sent a search team. Russia sent 0. Saudi's sent 0. Haven't heard about the EU yet. I'm sure iran will be happy to send a few thousand hezbollah fighters to help with security.

They are all contributing a drop in the bucket compared to the US which has already committed billions and 10 thousand military personnel.

chloe
01-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Don't know about a list online, but O'Rielly had a list. China sent 20 million. Cuba sent one plane with some supplies. Chavez sent a search team. Russia sent 0. Saudi's sent 0. Haven't heard about the EU yet. I'm sure iran will be happy to send a few thousand hezbollah fighters to help with security.

They are all contributing a drop in the bucket compared to the US which has already committed billions and 10 thousand military personnel.

Saudi Arabia has plenty of money they better step up ! I'm not surprized about Russia ...commies seem to be stingy on the giving department.

chloe
01-16-2010, 11:35 AM
wrQSzBHTsMk

Noir
01-16-2010, 11:44 AM
As far as i'm aware the UK gov has send £10 Million as well as firefighters, planes, food and shelter supplies ect, and is pushing the EU to bring forward relielf, which i would assume will be easy to get. British people have also donnated a further £16 Million and counting,

Abbey Marie
01-16-2010, 12:00 PM
As far as i'm aware the UK gov has send £10 Million as well as firefighters, planes, food and shelter supplies ect, and is pushing the EU to bring forward relielf, which i would assume will be easy to get. British people have also donnated a further £16 Million and counting,

:thumb: I'm not surprised.

krisy
01-16-2010, 12:18 PM

Heck,I heard China only sent 5 million!!! I'm sure the people of these countries will give generously but so far what a lot of governments are giving is less than impressive...besides Britain of course. I saw on the news that Russia was sending 20 docs and a mobile medical unit:lame2: Although the docs are badly needed,what about water,medical supplies,food?!!!

Then I hear Madonna is sending $250,000...that's it? How much is that woman worth?! The people in charge of the Golden Globes are sending $100,000...what crap!!!

chloe
01-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Heck,I heard China only sent 5 million!!! I'm sure the people of these countries will give generously but so far what a lot of governments are giving is less than impressive...besides Britain of course. I saw on the news that Russia was sending 20 docs and a mobile medical unit:lame2: Although the docs are badly needed,what about water,medical supplies,food?!!!

Then I hear Madonna is sending $250,000...that's it? How much is that woman worth?! The people in charge of the Golden Globes are sending $100,000...what crap!!!

Maybe she will adopt some Haitian children and then Brad & Angelina will follw suit and it will become the hollywood humantarian thing to do, this years accessories, because africa is so 2006.

HogTrash
01-17-2010, 07:37 PM
wrQSzBHTsMkThe very wise Dr Paul gets it right again.....You da man Ron! :clap:

Keep the US government out of it and allow the good hearted American people to send their private donations.

chesswarsnow
01-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I'm gonna have to disagree with Ronny here.
2. I don't think our military is what needed in Haiti, at all, they need housing, they need construction crews.
3. After its bull dozed.
4. Also I think the military lobbing bombs on ayabs is never a bad idea, maybe its just me, but I want that to continue.
5. Until they make a truce, beg for conditions, etc.
6. I think we lob more bombs in Yemen, yah men the terrorists ayabs are there too, lets light em up!
7. All in all, I don't give much credence to Ron Paul, just another strange person like Ross Perot.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Jeff
01-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Not sure of all the countries involved but I know Al Sharpton is, damn wonder where he was when Fl got hit with all those Hurricanes ?

I also heard Rodham Clinton take a swipe at GW, said Haiti won't be handled like New Orleans was, then Obama asks GW and slick Willie to run things, once again Hilliary puts her foot in her mouth

Got to wonder if Obama would be going all out like this if it wasn't so dark down there, but he did take time out from helping the Brothers and Sisters in Haiti to go try to get a Dem in Mass. guess getting his health care passed comes first :eek: