PDA

View Full Version : Robert Sapolsky: The uniqueness of Humans

Noir
01-18-2010, 12:45 AM
Fantastic lecture on the difference, and similarities between humans and animals

(skip the first 5 minutes as its some guy talking about the university)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hrCVu25wQ5s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hrCVu25wQ5s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HogTrash
01-18-2010, 06:41 AM
An interesting topic with many good points but I had to fight my way past my dislike of the annoying messenger.

The disgusting Professor Sapolsky tries way too hard to look like a college professor and his intellectual hero, Karl Marx.

It's obvious he has an inflated progressive ego and spends too much time indoctrinating rather than teaching his adoring students.

Noir
01-18-2010, 06:58 AM
Really? I thought he looked more like Weird Al Yankovich than Marx,

In what way is his ego obviously inflated?

Any comments on the message rather than the messenger?

Agnapostate
01-18-2010, 07:02 AM
Who's willing to bet that if one letter in his name were merely changed to 'i' instead of 'y', HogWash would have found him wholly acceptable? :laugh:

HogTrash
01-18-2010, 07:40 AM
Really? I thought he looked more like Weird Al Yankovich than Marx,

In what way is his ego obviously inflated?A couple of his statements but his manufactured Karl Marx appearence is what I believe mostly influenced my accusation.

Please try to understand that I have a loathing and disgust for liberals, progressives, marxists or whatever you want to refer to them as.

Any comments on the message rather than the messenger?I believe I did comment.

Originally Posted by HogTrash
An interesting topic with many good points

Noir
01-18-2010, 08:04 AM
A couple of his statements but his manufactured Karl Marx appearence is what I believe mostly influenced my accusation.

Please try to understand that I have a loathing and disgust for liberals, progressives, marxists or whatever you want to refer to them as.

lol.

I believe I did comment.

Indeedy i was wondering if there was more, seems no, no worries.

HogTrash
01-18-2010, 08:29 AM
lol.

Indeedy i was wondering if there was more, seems no, no worries.I admit that I am extremely prejudiced of the left and automatically dismiss anything they say as stupidity once I determine someone is a liberal.

They are without a doubt the single most annoying, foolish, useless, poorly informed, non-thinking group of people on the planet.

What a beautiful, peaceful, problem free world it would be without them...Progress, prosperity, freedom and security would be bountiful.

The only thing liberals are good for is during times of famine you can eat them, but they taste like shit. :popcorn:

Noir
01-18-2010, 08:34 AM
I admit that I am extremely prejudiced of the left and automatically dismiss anything they say as stupidity once I determine someone is a liberal.

They are without a doubt the single most annoying, foolish, useless, poorly informed, non-thinking group of people on the planet.

What a beautiful, peaceful, problem free world it would be without them...Progress, prosperity, freedom and security would be bountiful.

The only thing liberals are good for is during times of famine you can eat them, but they taste like shit. :popcorn:

Right mate, take your crap to another thread.

-Cp
01-18-2010, 03:13 PM
No wonders he can comment on the differences between Humans and Animals because he's a friggin Wookie!

HogTrash
01-18-2010, 07:24 PM
No wonders he can comment on the differences between Humans and Animals because he's a friggin Wookie!Is that your professional opinion or did you read it in the National Enquirer? :link: :lmao: