PDA

View Full Version : Weather on the West Coast

SassyLady
01-18-2010, 10:58 PM
We are in the middle of a series of storms and today has been hell on wheels here. Winds, rain, hail and thunder like you can't believe!!! All day we've been having thunder and we NEVER have thunder. I love thunder and it makes a thrill run right through my body and I feel like a little kid.

:dance:

No lightning that I can see yet.

Hope our electricity doesn't go out, but if you don't hear from me for a few days it might be due to weather related power outages - we live out in the rural areas so we are not high on their list for repairs!

chloe
01-18-2010, 11:02 PM
We are in the middle of a series of storms and today has been hell on wheels here. Winds, rain, hail and thunder like you can't believe!!! All day we've been having thunder and we NEVER have thunder. I love thunder and it makes a thrill run right through my body and I feel like a little kid.

:dance:

No lightning that I can see yet.

Hope our electricity doesn't go out, but if you don't hear from me for a few days it might be due to weather related power outages - we live out in the rural areas so we are not high on their list for repairs!

I like rain and thunder but not winds. What state are you in?

SassyLady
01-18-2010, 11:03 PM
I like rain and thunder but not winds. What state are you in?

I live in the state where there is an abudunace of "fruits" and "nuts"..........CA :laugh2:

chloe
01-18-2010, 11:18 PM
I live in the state where there is an abudunace of "fruits" and "nuts"..........CA :laugh2:

we almost moved there but my stepdad said NO WAY !

SassyLady
01-18-2010, 11:23 PM
we almost moved there but my stepdad said NO WAY !

Smart man..........high cost of living; large population of non-English speaking people and a bunch of looney liberal progressives..........and I live in the most liberal county of them all.

crin63
01-18-2010, 11:31 PM
My son works for the American Red Cross and he got an email telling all disaster personnel to be prepared for flooding and mud slides in Los Angeles County. They say were looking at 11" rain this week.

I love the thunder and find great comfort in it. Its how I would expect to hear Gods voice.

SassyLady
01-18-2010, 11:39 PM
My son works for the American Red Cross and he got an email telling all disaster personnel to be prepared for flooding and mud slides in Los Angeles County. They say were looking at 11" rain this week.

Yep - I think we are on flood watch up here also. The National Guard gets activated up here every 3-4 years to help with the flooding.

I love the thunder and find great comfort in it. Its how I would expect to hear Gods voice.

Well, if that's true then I love to listen. I really can't explain what happens but when it gets really loud I can't help letting out a little shriek......and then laughter. Go figure!

One time while in Tucson there was a lightning and thunderstorm and we were driving in it and not really too concerned, even though the rain was coming down hard. We were more concerned with what would happen if it started hailing and where to go to be out of it. In the next instance there was a loud crash and the thunderclap was so loud that my husband and I thought we had been hit by another car or had hit something. Both of us almost messed our drawers.......and then we laughed that "wow, we almost died" laugh!!! Very powerful stuff.

gabosaurus
01-19-2010, 12:49 AM
It rains like this every year. It's God reminder that people are stupid to built expensive homes on the side of mountains. :p

It didn't rain all that much today, but the winds were fierce. It did rain a ton at my parents home in Anaheim. Rained enough to close Disneyland even.

SassyLady
01-19-2010, 12:54 AM
It rains like this every year. It's God reminder that people are stupid to built expensive homes on the side of mountains. :p

It didn't rain all that much today, but the winds were fierce. It did rain a ton at my parents home in Anaheim. Rained enough to close Disneyland even.

Well, maybe in your neck of the woods it didn't rain much, but the last time we had something like this up here was January 2006. I sometimes cannot get to town because all the roads (only three ways to get out) are closed for a day because we are close to a major river, close to the ocean and when the tide is in, the river backs up.

Jeff
01-19-2010, 01:01 AM
Y'all be careful out there, They have been talking about this storm all weekend on Sirius, they say there is a second one coming right after it, I left the northern part of MI. this morning and the local forecast is calling for that storm to be bad up there

SassyLady
01-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Y'all be careful out there, They have been talking about this storm all weekend on Sirius, they say there is a second one coming right after it, I left the northern part of MI. this morning and the local forecast is calling for that storm to be bad up there

Powerful Storm Prompts Evacuations in California

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,583309,00.html

Thanks Jeff for the concern.........good thing I bought some rainboots the other day!!! I don't know what is worse, snowstorms or flooding. :eek:

crin63
01-19-2010, 01:17 AM

Thanks Jeff! I'm gonna do my best to stay out of it. I have a stack of movies to watch and a fire going, so I'm in good shape for the week.