PDA

View Full Version : Pet Food Contamination Might Be Intentional

lily
04-20-2007, 11:35 PM
http://www.wetmtv.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=acd40939-0d37-4661-a7e4-32b67d46e419

Pet Food Contamination Might Be Intentional
Last Update: Apr 20, 2007 11:55 PM

Posted By: Jeff Stone

Another brand of pet food is being pulled from the shelves at the same time
word comes the food poisonings may not be accidental.
Royal Canin recalled several dry cat and dog foods after finding evidence of
melamine. It's a chemical suspected of making thousands of pets ill and
causing a still undetermined number of deaths.

NBC News reports the U.S. Food and Drug Administration now suspects melamine
may have been added intentionally to make it appear the food had more
protein While melamine is believed to be the chemical causing the problems,
the FDA isn't certain of that.

For more information on the Royal Canin recall you can call the company's
toll free number at 800-513-0041 or visit their website at,
http://www.royalcanin.us

krisy
04-21-2007, 06:24 AM
At this point,I am am scared to give them anything. I'm not convinced that the powers that be have really figured anything out.

I am giving my dogs Pedigree right now. I prefer Iams,but with two large dogs,it was getting too expensive right now. I am putting a little chicken soup or gravy on it for them. I have a feeling it will be a loooong time before they get this straightened out.

Abbey Marie
04-21-2007, 12:50 PM
I am waiting to see all our pet food companies say this:

In addition, Royal Canin USA will no longer use any Chinese suppliers for any of our vegetable proteins.

04-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Makes me wonder if people were testing this on animals before contaminating the human food...

lily
04-21-2007, 06:57 PM
I can't beleive that someone would do this intentionally.

04-21-2007, 10:39 PM

I can't believe someone would walk into a school and start shooting people either. But evil exists in this world.

lily
04-21-2007, 11:39 PM
You're comparing the school shooting to people putting something in dog food that made animals sick for profit? I don't get the connection.

04-22-2007, 12:32 AM
You're comparing the school shooting to people putting something in dog food that made animals sick for profit? I don't get the connection.

Evil is evil.

Nuc
04-22-2007, 01:08 AM
If you're not blind you don't need a pet. They are filthy, spread disease and allergies, make messes everywhere, cause noise pollution, etc. Hopefully this will make some people think twice before getting mammalian pets.

TheStripey1
04-22-2007, 01:11 AM

it's called make more money... of course they do it intentionally...

they just didn't know that the substance they added to their plant proteins to RAISE it's protein level, melamine, would cause some of our beloved pets to die... hopefully...

cuz I would be really pissed if they did it on purpose... enough to boycott all chinese products... (he says without thinking of what that entails)

how about you?

obtw... up until now, my furr babies' food wasn't among those being recalled... they still aren't, but it's getting closer... all three of mine eat a Royal Canin product... fortunately not one that's one the recall list...

TheStripey1
04-22-2007, 01:14 AM
If you're not blind you don't need a pet. They are filthy, spread disease and allergies, make messes everywhere, cause noise pollution, etc. Hopefully this will make some people think twice before getting mammalian pets.

not if you take care of them...

and no... it won't stop me...

Birdzeye
04-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Are any dried products on the recall list? I feed my parrots dried bird pellets (the vet says they're more nutritionally balanced than seed) and wheat is one of the ingredients.