PDA

View Full Version : US accused of 'occupying' Haiti as troops flood in

-Cp
01-19-2010, 02:20 PM
France accused the US of "occupying" Haiti on Monday as thousands of American troops flooded into the country to take charge of aid efforts and security.

The French minister in charge of humanitarian relief called on the UN to "clarify" the American role amid claims the military build up was hampering aid efforts.
Alain Joyandet admitted he had been involved in a scuffle with a US commander in the airport's control tower over the flight plan for a French evacuation flight.

Full article at:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/centralamericaandthecaribbean/haiti/7020908/US-accused-of-occupying-Haiti-as-troops-flood-in.html

CSM
01-19-2010, 02:26 PM
France accused the US of "occupying" Haiti on Monday as thousands of American troops flooded into the country to take charge of aid efforts and security.

The French minister in charge of humanitarian relief called on the UN to "clarify" the American role amid claims the military build up was hampering aid efforts.
Alain Joyandet admitted he had been involved in a scuffle with a US commander in the airport's control tower over the flight plan for a French evacuation flight.

Full article at:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/centralamericaandthecaribbean/haiti/7020908/US-accused-of-occupying-Haiti-as-troops-flood-in.html

Good...let's turn the whole thing over to the French; I'm sure they will do soooo much better! Save the US taxpayer some money.

HogTrash
01-19-2010, 02:32 PM
We should prove them wrong by immediately pulling everything American out.

BoogyMan
01-19-2010, 02:46 PM
We shoould ignore the morons in the UN and help the people of Haiti as we originally set out to do. The French and the UN should be put to worldwide shame for such idiotic commentary when it is clear we are there to help the suffering masses of Haiti.

HogTrash
01-19-2010, 03:03 PM
We shoould ignore the morons in the UN and help the people of Haiti as we originally set out to do. The French and the UN should be put to worldwide shame for such idiotic commentary when it is clear we are there to help the suffering masses of Haiti.A true hero to the downtroddin masses and suffering children of the world! :bow2:

You are such a wonderful selfless human being. :bow3: Long live BoogyMan. :thanks:

SassyLady
01-19-2010, 03:04 PM

Full article at:

Our military are frustrated because the flights that actually have aid on them and not political hacks, are not being allowed to land ahead of all the diplomatic corps.

The only way the world will realize the impact America has during a natural disaster is if we refuse to help one time. Just one time and they'd be begging for our help instead of bad-mouthing us to the world.

Abbey Marie
01-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Not directly applicable here, but I have found it to be true in general that people you help, often end up resenting you for helping. It's one of those weird aspects of human nature. No doubt the Haitians will eventually feel the same.

Gaffer
01-19-2010, 06:17 PM
So tell me, what is in haiti that we would bother occupying it? And the french just want it back. It was originally a french colony.

BoogyMan
01-19-2010, 07:10 PM
A true hero to the downtroddin masses and suffering children of the world! :bow2:

You are such a wonderful selfless human being. :bow3: Long live BoogyMan. :thanks:

There are several thousand Americans missing in Haiti as I understand it and we have already pledged to offer assistance. I see no reason whatsoever to leave the people of Haiti in a mess because the UN and the French are morons.

HogTrash
01-19-2010, 07:38 PM
There are several thousand Americans missing in Haiti as I understand it and we have already pledged to offer assistance. I see no reason whatsoever to leave the people of Haiti in a mess because the UN and the French are morons.Shouldn't this be the responsibility of the United Nations?

If it isn't for disasters like this then exactly what is the UN's purpose for existing?

I'm beginning to suspect the UN's only function is to furnish cushy high-paying jobs to the friends of the elitest.

It seems all the UN does is try to tell the US what to do and bitch about our constitutional rights...Maybe it's time for a change?

BoogyMan
01-19-2010, 08:38 PM
The UN is as useless and corrupt as they come. They should be ignored in all cases.