PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown Acceptance Speech

namvet
01-20-2010, 09:18 AM
1PpcipzZkAQ

6ONxAfhEnNk

not bad for a truck driver. now we have a BIG bus and guess's who's going under it ????

glockmail
01-20-2010, 09:31 AM
His daughters are babes. :2up:

namvet
01-20-2010, 09:45 AM
His daughters are babes. :2up:

one's available. bet he caught hell for that last night. when i came online this morning i could hear the libs crying and sniffin. wonder what the cure is for a political hang over????

sure would like to see his truck as well. says he's gonna drive it to the white house. I'd park it right in front the doors...........:laugh2:

CSM
01-20-2010, 09:48 AM
one's available. bet he caught hell for that last night. when i came online this morning i could hear the libs crying and sniffin. wonder what the cure is for a political hang over????

sure would like to see his truck as well. says he's gonna drive it to the white house. I'd park it right in front the doors...........:laugh2:

I doubt Brown will ever get an invite to the White House. He wont even see the inside unless he's trying to get on a reality show or takes the public tour.

namvet
01-20-2010, 09:53 AM
then he should pull up outside and lay on that horn !!!!!!

-Cp
01-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Yeah.. I posted this video here:

http://debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=404365&postcount=20

Noir
01-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Its so weird to see your ellection victories, all the chanting and cheering and what not, we have like 3 people clapping xD

Abbey Marie
01-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Its so weird to see your ellection victories, all the chanting and cheering and what not, we have like 3 people clapping xD

We're still a young and enthusiastic country compared to England, lol. Oops, was that Ireland?

HogTrash
01-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Its so weird to see your ellection victories, all the chanting and cheering and what not, we have like 3 people clapping xDThe English are a very reserved people for the most part and take pride in being so.

Americans are a noisey rowdy bunch that are easily excitable and will celebrate almost anything at the drop of a hat.

Noir
01-20-2010, 05:29 PM
The English are a very reserved people for the most part and take pride in being so.

Americans are a noisey rowdy bunch that are easily excitable and will celebrate almost anything at the drop of a hat.

Indeedy, i put an election victory speech in the humour forum, just to show the difference...

Kathianne
01-20-2010, 05:30 PM

I don't know about the UK, but here, everyone can participate. One just needs to go to the candidate's office or party headquarters and say, "I want to help." Give a few hours or many, you'll get an invite to many events, including election night.

Many a good night I've had.

Noir
01-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Indeedy you can just walk in and ask if you can help, but you don't go out partying at night lol

Kathianne
01-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Indeedy you can just walk in and ask if you can help, but you don't go out partying at night lol

We're into 'partying.' Fun country. ;)

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/09/09/five-things-i-love-about-america/

From an ex-pat in UK.

Five Things I Love About America

I’ve just come back from a whirlwind, two-
week tour of the East Coast of the United
States. Because I live in London and only
return to America about once a year, my
visits back to the States often feel like an
in-your-face immersion in all that is
American.

Sometimes that immersion can be jarring.
On this most recent trip, for example, I
was struck (negatively) by the degree to
which fast food, car culture, and gun-
toting partisanship had pervaded my
home country. But some aspects of
American culture always leave me
beaming with pride. And so, in a tribute to
my country of origin, allow me to wax
poetic on five things I absolutely love
about America:

HogTrash
01-20-2010, 06:03 PM
We're into 'partying.' Fun country. ;)

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/09/09/five-things-i-love-about-america/

From an ex-pat in UK.What a great article Kat...It made me feel down right good. :salute:

Kathianne
01-20-2010, 06:21 PM
What a great article Kat...It made me feel down right good. :salute:

Thanks. And yeah, we're happy with the fast food availability, though I don't eat it. I think it's great that those that want to, can. Same with guns for that matter.

glockmail
01-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Its so weird to see your ellection victories, all the chanting and cheering and what not, we have like 3 people clapping xD Amd they clap with four fingers against the back of the other hand...

Binky
01-20-2010, 09:50 PM
With the dems being blindsided by this, can't you just see them scattering to and fro in DC to get out of the way of the fallout?:laugh2::laugh2: This has to be the best thing that has happened not only for Mass, but for the entire country, in a very, very long time.....:beer:

bluestatesrule
01-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Brown has clearly stated that he is bringing a fresh approach to Washington. He has clearly indicated that he is distancing himself from the bickering..and the politcs as usual in Washington. That is one of the messages the voters from Massachuesetts were trying to send to Washington. Bravo!

red states rule
01-24-2010, 09:23 AM
Brown has clearly stated that he is bringing a fresh approach to Washington. He has clearly indicated that he is distancing himself from the bickering..and the politcs as usual in Washington. That is one of the messages the voters from Massachuesetts were trying to send to Washington. Bravo!

Maybe he will force Dems out from behind closed doors where they made special deals with the unions, and other political contributers

Maybe Dems will not lock out Republicans from the conference room like have in the past

Perhaps Dems will stop publicly saying Republicans want you to die rather then pass Obamacare

I am counting on Sen Brown to force Dems to dump ALL the tax increases and jail time provison from Obamacare

That would be a great start for Sen Brown

red states rule
01-24-2010, 10:59 AM
and consider this on Obama's first term

He came into office with it on the brink of total distruction. He did everything he could to bring it back, and breath life into it. Thanks to Obama it is no longer ready to collapse and meltdown into oblivion

Yes, the Republican party has been saved and given a second chance at life

Now if Reagan conservatives can only take advantage

crin63
01-24-2010, 11:10 AM

I think that the people of Massachusetts sent a clear and loud message that they don't want Obamacare in its present form, nor do they want politicians ramming things down their throats.

Personally I find great hope for America in that election. It could be that Americans are waking up and ready to take our country back from those who seek to oppress us. Now if the so-called conservative democrats and actual Conservative Republicans will just restore our country to our founders vision, American can be the great nation it used to be.

Binky
01-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks. And yeah, we're happy with the fast food availability, though I don't eat it. I think it's great that those that want to, can. Same with guns for that matter.

That was a terrific article....Made me feel all warm and fuzzy about my country....Sometimes, throughout the course of our lives, we forget just how fortunate we are to be living in such a fabulous country..... Your post just brought it all back home.......Thanks again....