PDA

View Full Version : Obama to Senate: Don't 'Jam' Through Health Care Until Brown Seated...

-Cp
01-20-2010, 04:04 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Politics/president-obama-scott-brown-massachusetts-victory/story?id=9611222

President Obama warned Democrats in Congress today not to "jam" a health care reform bill through now that they've lost their commanding majority in the Senate, and said they must wait for newly elected Massachusetts Republican Scott Brown to be sworn into office.

One year into the president's term, George Stephanopoulos interviews Obama.
The president also said the same voter anger that swept him into office in 2008 carried Brown into office on a stunning upset victory Tuesday night over heavily favored Democrat Martha Coakley.

Noir
01-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Sound good to me,

Nukeman
01-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Does anyone else see them as afraid for their jobs now????? I mean come on just 3 weeks ago it was "this has to be passed" now its ohh wait slow down lets "LISTEN" to our constituents!! Since when the hell have the dems actually listened to the people that voted them into office.....????

These guys are running scared right now and are trying to distract an easily distracted populace with their change in tactics!!!!! IMHO

Nukeman
01-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Sound good to me,

The question noir is WHY KNOW????? Why the sudden change in plans and policy??? Are they a little afraid that the people will actually VOTE THEM OUT??????

Some may say that the health care debate is split down party lines.... well it isn't and MOST Americans DO NOT WANT THE GOV'T INVOLVED IN HEALTH CARE!!!!!!!!!!

They have already caused the biggest surge in prices in health care do to their managemnt through CMS..... They don't pay thier fair share so the cost are passed on to private insurance.

Tell me how can we have the "baby boomer" generation begin to utilize medicare and the fed REDUCE the amount of money spent. You can not add millions of people to the medicare system and cut cost. how the hell is that possible???? how do you add people without paying for them to use it even though they have been paying into the sytem themselves. I know they take a HUGE abmount out of my check just for medicare services!!!!!!

Noir
01-20-2010, 07:22 PM
The question noir is WHY KNOW????? Why the sudden change in plans and policy??? Are they a little afraid that the people will actually VOTE THEM OUT??????

Some may say that the health care debate is split down party lines.... well it isn't and MOST Americans DO NOT WANT THE GOV'T INVOLVED IN HEALTH CARE!!!!!!!!!!

They have already caused the biggest surge in prices in health care do to their managemnt through CMS..... They don't pay thier fair share so the cost are passed on to private insurance.

Tell me how can we have the "baby boomer" generation begin to utilize medicare and the fed REDUCE the amount of money spent. You can not add millions of people to the medicare system and cut cost. how the hell is that possible???? how do you add people without paying for them to use it even though they have been paying into the sytem themselves. I know they take a HUGE abmount out of my check just for medicare services!!!!!!

I said it sounds good to me as it shows the government have been held to account by its people, and rather than ignore them, as the government could of tried to push on regardless, it has realised it has to slow down.

Nukeman
01-20-2010, 07:25 PM
I said it sounds good to me as it shows the government have been held to account by its people, and rather than ignore them, as the government could of tried to push on regardless, it has realised it has to slow down.If they had "pushed on regardless" they would be out of a job very quickly. They all should be anyway. Unfortunately our populace has too short of an attention span to remember what they did last week!!!

Kathianne
01-20-2010, 07:48 PM

Why are you asking a foreigner about our politics? *shrug*

Noir
01-20-2010, 08:18 PM
If they had "pushed on regardless" they would be out of a job very quickly. They all should be anyway. Unfortunately our populace has too short of an attention span to remember what they did last week!!!

Exactly, and thus democracy has to some extent won, which is why i welcomed the news

Noir
01-20-2010, 08:18 PM

Why wouldn't he? =/

Kathianne
01-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Why wouldn't he? =/

For the simple reason that even a 'foreigner' that had lived in US for a significant period of time would be less than competent to discerning the nuances of our system. Someone of your age and experience? LOL!

No dis meant, just keeping all in perspective.

Noir
01-20-2010, 08:50 PM
For the simple reason that even a 'foreigner' that had lived in US for a significant period of time would be less than competent to discerning the nuances of our system. Someone of your age and experience? LOL!

What nuances did i need to know to reply to his post?

Nukeman
01-20-2010, 09:41 PM

Last I checked Kath this is a "OPEN" forum to ALL not just those of us blessed to be here in good ol' US of A........

And I wasn't really asking him a "question" it was more in line of educating in the subtleties of our govt and how they change colors win faced with their own loss of employment!!!!!!!!!!!

DragonStryk72
01-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Does anyone else see them as afraid for their jobs now????? I mean come on just 3 weeks ago it was "this has to be passed" now its ohh wait slow down lets "LISTEN" to our constituents!! Since when the hell have the dems actually listened to the people that voted them into office.....????

These guys are running scared right now and are trying to distract an easily distracted populace with their change in tactics!!!!! IMHO

They just got slapped in the face with losing, not just a blue state, but a BLUE state. I mean, just the term Massachusetts Liberal is used with scorn by the Republican party, and they just elected a republican in that area. It's like I keep saying, we don't need everybody to get behind a movement, just enough people to begin to effect the outcome of a single election. It forces the candidates to contend with what their constituency is calling for.

Nukeman
01-20-2010, 09:55 PM
They just got slapped in the face with losing, not just a blue state, but a BLUE state. I mean, just the term Massachusetts Liberal is used with scorn by the Republican party, and they just elected a republican in that area. It's like I keep saying, we don't need everybody to get behind a movement, just enough people to begin to effect the outcome of a single election. It forces the candidates to contend with what their constituency is calling for.

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DragonStryk72
01-20-2010, 09:56 PM

Actually, having the opinion of an outsider brings a fresh perspective to the front, and if he is asking questions, then that shows a genuine interest, so really, we should encourage more foreigners to post to these forums.

DragonStryk72
01-20-2010, 09:59 PM
exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've found most real truths in this world as extremely simple in nature, but the simple truth here is that, unless we start actually rallying people, we're going to be leaving our government up to the politicians that are destroying it. We're need more than just hand-clapping, and patriotic music, we need to actually do something.