PDA

View Full Version : Leap Year

crin63
01-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Okay, so I took my wife out for dinner and movie the other night to celebrate her birthday. I was hoping she would want to see Sherlock Holmes, but no, she wanted to see a chick-flick. Being the kind and loving husband that I am, I agreed. We went to see Leap Year which I hadn't even heard of before, due to being in my male safety zone of shoot-em-ups.

I have to say guys, if you want to take your wife to a chick-flick (to score points obviously as there is no other reason to go) that is not only tolerable but actually enjoyable this is the movie. It had just the right amount of humor, wit and romance with maybe just a ever so light touch of slap-stick comedy.

Side note: Did I mention that I also had her wedding ring rebuilt for her birthday. After 16 years it had lost its 3rd diamond (3rd time replacing it), worn out the channels and prongs. So about $300 later it looks like a new ring again. I kind of let her think it was going to take a couple weeks to fix so I could surprise her with it. I went and picked up her ring, got her a red rose and wrote her a sappy little poem to go along with it. She was so overwhelmed that she started crying and went around to show all the girls (my daughter and her friends) and teachers (her friends) at our school. My daughter and her best friend keep saying how cute I am to do that for my wife.

SassyLady
01-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Okay, so I took my wife out for dinner and movie the other night to celebrate her birthday. I was hoping she would want to see Sherlock Holmes, but no, she wanted to see a chick-flick. Being the kind and loving husband that I am, I agreed. We went to see Leap Year which I hadn't even heard of before, due to being in my male safety zone of shoot-em-ups.

I have to say guys, if you want to take your wife to a chick-flick (to score points obviously as there is no other reason to go) that is not only tolerable but actually enjoyable this is the movie. It had just the right amount of humor, wit and romance with maybe just a ever so light touch of slap-stick comedy.

Side note: Did I mention that I also had her wedding ring rebuilt for her birthday. After 16 years it had lost its 3rd diamond (3rd time replacing it), worn out the channels and prongs. So about $300 later it looks like a new ring again. I kind of let her think it was going to take a couple weeks to fix so I could surprise her with it. I went and picked up her ring, got her a red rose and wrote her a sappy little poem to go along with it. She was so overwhelmed that she started crying and went around to show all the girls (my daughter and her friends) and teachers (her friends) at our school. My daughter and her best friend keep saying how cute I am to do that for my wife.

It's beyond cute - it is adorable. :thumb: