PDA

View Full Version : Police say Georgia mom forced son to kill hamster

chloe
01-22-2010, 11:08 PM
http://www.ksl.com/emedia/apimage/0ee6cd82-c1bd-43e7-a1ae-fe098ba14911.jpg?filter=ksl/story_big (http://www.ksl.com/emedia/apimage/0ee6cd82-c1bd-43e7-a1ae-fe098ba14911.jpg) Police say Georgia mom forced son to kill hamster
January 22nd, 2010 @ 9:31am

<!-- ===================[ STORY BODY : RICH TEXT ]================= -->
WARM SPRINGS, Ga. (AP) - A Georgia woman is in jail after police say she forced her son to kill his pet hamster with a hammer as punishment for bad grades.
The sheriff of rural Meriwether County told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Thursday that the 12-year-old boy told his teacher about the killing. The teacher reported it to the Division of Family and Child Services, who contacted police.
Sheriff Steve Whitlock said 38-year-old Lynn Middlebrooks Geter of Warm Springs faces one charge each of animal cruelty, child cruelty and battery.
The sheriff's office said she remained in the Meriwether County jail early Friday. It was not immediately known if she had a lawyer.
Meriwether County is located about 90 minutes southwest of Atlanta.

WTF ?:eek:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=711&sid=9425356

Noir
01-22-2010, 11:28 PM
=/
She needs a damn good slap in the chops.

Gaffer
01-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Nothing like taking your child's education to an extreme level. Wonder what else she has done.

chloe
01-22-2010, 11:41 PM
she looks like a psycho

crin63
01-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Stupid way to try and correct a child but not an offense worthy of being arrested over, but then anything a parent does to correct a child can get them in trouble. Swat the kid and move on.

chloe
01-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Stupid way to try and correct a child but not an offense worthy of being arrested over, but then anything a parent does to correct a child can get them in trouble. Swat the kid and move on.

maybe they are worried next time she will make him boil the cat or shank the family dog:eek:

Gaffer
01-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Yeah, what other motivational lessons has she taught the kid?

Noir
01-23-2010, 12:11 AM

Not worth being arrested for?
This sicko has forced her child to murder in cold blood, the law is there to protect, and i think that a child being forced to commit such a heinous act deserves protection.

chloe
01-23-2010, 12:14 AM
This sicko has forced her child to murder in cold blood, the law is there to protect, and i think that a child being forced to commit such a heinous act deserves protection.

Agreed !

Mr. P
01-23-2010, 01:43 AM

I may agree with swat the kid and move on. But, do you really think that forcing a child to kill his own pet is not worthy of arrest?

I say remove this child from this wacko! Then give her a yr or so to think about it in jail.

chloe
01-23-2010, 07:46 AM
I may agree with swat the kid and move on. But, do you really think that forcing a child to kill his own pet is not worthy of arrest?

I say remove this child from this wacko! Then give her a yr or so to think about it in jail.

her eyes looks crazy, maybe shes on meth. :laugh2:

krisy
01-23-2010, 08:57 AM
Wow. This makes my stomach turn. I agree she deserves jailtime. That poor bot will probably never get that image of what he's done out of his head. Plus,anyone who could hurt an animal like that must have a screw loose.

One of my daughters pet mice (a baby one) got out the other day and the cat got her!!! My son,husband and I chased that cat all over the house,flipped the matress on our bed over and ran all over the bedroom to rescue the poor thing. we were successful thankfully!!! Of course,we are animal lovers,especially my daughter and I. I agee with gaffer that the woman probably has more than this incident in her past.

Trigg
01-23-2010, 10:10 AM
What a loon.

I hope they get the child the counseling he needs.

PostmodernProphet
01-23-2010, 10:40 AM
could be worse.....could be a kid trying to explain to the cops that he killed his mother because his hamster told him to.....

chloe
01-23-2010, 10:41 AM
could be worse.....could be a kid trying to explain to the cops that he killed his mother because his hamster told him to.....

touché

crin63
01-23-2010, 11:27 AM

LOL @ the murder in cold blood! :lmao:

I realize that it was a pet but its only a rodent. I've stomped on rodents, squashed rodents with a shovel (or whatever was near) and shot rodents. I've probably had my boys squash rodents with a shovel at one time or another and/or dispose of their carcasses.

I personally would never make a child kill its own pet like that and I think its absolutely wrong and the wrong way to discipline a kid but I also wouldn't arrest the person. I really don't see it as something to take the kids parent away over. Send the parent to counseling, okay, sure I can see that.

I guess we should arrest every parent who takes a dog away from a kid and takes the dog to the pound also. The dog will end up diseased and/or dead at the pound most likely.

Maybe its just the hick in me but it was just another rodent squashed.

Noir
01-23-2010, 08:58 PM
LOL @ the murder in cold blood! :lmao:

Maybe its just the hick in me but it was just another rodent squashed.

She forced her son to murder his pet with a hammer.

I know how distraught i was when my hamster died of natural causes when i was about 8, gawd knows what i would of been like if my dad had forced me to kill him with a hammer because i wasn't doing well enough in school, thats tantamount to torture IMO and she deserves to pay for the suffering she has caused.