PDA

View Full Version : The Tonight Show

Mr. P
01-23-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm so glad that NBC FINALLY came to their senses an booted the clown!! It was a mistake from the start.

Binky
01-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Now if they would just cut the cord to that damn show and move on, it would be much better.....Time to give it a burial.....

Mr. P
01-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Now if they would just cut the cord to that damn show and move on, it would be much better.....Time to give it a burial.....

Really? Why?

-Cp
01-23-2010, 03:25 PM
On principle, I won't watch that show again - after the way they hosed Conan...

Mr. P
01-23-2010, 05:25 PM
On principle, I won't watch that show again - after the way they hosed Conan...

$45 mil is a hosing? Where do I sign up? :laugh2:

chesswarsnow
01-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well yeah!!! I'm gonna have to agree with Mr. P this one time.
2. And I think hell just froze over......hehehe
:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

DragonStryk72
01-23-2010, 06:22 PM

Yeah, but the thing is, Conan was stuck, not being allowed to refuse the job, hence why he went ahead and tore into it, along with so many of the late night personalities. NBC had him on contract, he was supposed to be Jay's replacement, but not until Jay decided to retire, or his ratings dropped. Instead, NBC decided to screw around at put in a "fresh face" for the show while it was still popular, and Jay still wanted to do it.

Conan didn't actually want the job the way he got it, but his contract with NBC had him locked, so yeah, that's still a hosing.

Mr. P
01-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Yeah, but the thing is, Conan was stuck, not being allowed to refuse the job, hence why he went ahead and tore into it, along with so many of the late night personalities. NBC had him on contract, he was supposed to be Jay's replacement, but not until Jay decided to retire, or his ratings dropped. Instead, NBC decided to screw around at put in a "fresh face" for the show while it was still popular, and Jay still wanted to do it.

Conan didn't actually want the job the way he got it, but his contract with NBC had him locked, so yeah, that's still a hosing.

Oh I know..the heads that should really roll are the execs that made the change to start with..On the other hand Conan is still and always will be a clown and is just not the caliber of a host that the Tonight Show demands.

DragonStryk72
01-24-2010, 07:52 AM
Oh I know..the heads that should really roll are the execs that made the change to start with..On the other hand Conan is still and always will be a clown and is just not the caliber of a host that the Tonight Show demands.

Eh, I mean, he seems perfectly happy with his later show, anyhow. Yeah, he's a clown, but then, he's never attempted to project himself as anything but

Binky
01-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Really? Why?

In a word..............BORING...Oh yeah, the jokes always seem stale......

Binky
01-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well yeah!!! I'm gonna have to agree with Mr. P this one time.
2. And I think hell just froze over......hehehe
:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

:laugh2::laugh2: Aww....come on....you know darn well you'd agree with him again if the opportunity came up even if you were squabbling with him....:laugh2:

Mr. P
01-24-2010, 03:21 PM
In a word..............BORING...Oh yeah, the jokes always seem stale......

Hummm...well to each his/her own.

I've been a fan of the show since early Carson. I thought Leno was the wrong choice as his replacement but as time went by I saw he did carry on the traditional and that was good. I didn't find his jokes stale at all.

I watched the first 5 Conan shows but none since.

I'm hoping they go back to the old format they had before the switch..I may even buy a tv to watch it. :laugh2: