PDA

View Full Version : Former Ariz. congressman plans run against McCain

82Marine89
01-24-2010, 04:37 PM
PHOENIX (AP) - Former Arizona Congressman J.D. Hayworth says he's planning to run against John McCain for his U.S. Senate seat.

Hayworth told The Associated Press late Friday that he stepped down as host of his radio program on KFYI-AM, a conservative radio talk show in Phoenix. Legally, he wouldn't be able to host the program and be an active candidate.

Hayworth was ousted from his Congressional seat in 2007 after 12 years in office by Democrat Harry Mitchell, and has hosted the radio show for the past few years.

Hayworth says he's not formally announcing a run for the Senate seat, but that "we're moving forward to challenge John McCain."

He added that he's had a wonderful time at KFYI, but "it's time to enter public life again."

LINK (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100123/D9DD8MO80.html)

Gaffer
01-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Good Az needs a conservative senator.

82Marine89
01-24-2010, 05:57 PM
Good Az needs a conservative senator.

Wonder who Palin will stump for now?

Gaffer
01-24-2010, 06:36 PM
It won't be McCain.

cat slave
01-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Conservative? One thing McAmnesty is not. Id love to see him go down.
Maybe J.D. is the one to do it.

Gaffer
01-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Conservative? One thing McAmnesty is not. Id love to see him go down.
Maybe J.D. is the one to do it.

It's about time McCain retired and let a real conservative in there that will do something.

DragonStryk72
01-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Wonder who Palin will stump for now?

I don't think she's been rooting for him exactly, ever since him and his people deciding to blame her for "losing them" the election. I mean, obviously, it couldn't have had anything at all to do with McCain's own lack of character during the campaign, the blatant pandering to the republican party, that the republicans figured out he was doing, or any of the other stupid crap he was running with, or the fact he was already losing when Palin showed up, so yeah, it must have been her fault he lost.

01-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Palin already said she is supporting McCain.

Gaffer
01-25-2010, 12:41 AM
Palin already said she is supporting McCain.

I hadn't heard that. It will make me take a second look at her then.

SassyLady
01-25-2010, 01:48 AM

Governor Palin has always said that she would support John McCain's quest for re-election. It seems that she is a woman of her word.

I wonder what she sees in him that makes him worth giving her support? Maybe one of her values is loyalty or maybe it's her way of sticking it to Schmidt.......to show that she is above personal pettiness. Or as a way to let him (Schmidt) know that he still has to come face to face with her at some point and acknowledge what he has said about her.

Who knows? I'm sure that we'll get a chance to hear her point of view on this sometime soon.

Gaffer
01-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Governor Palin has always said that she would support John McCain's quest for re-election. It seems that she is a woman of her word.

I wonder what she sees in him that makes him worth giving her support? Maybe one of her values is loyalty or maybe it's her way of sticking it to Schmidt.......to show that she is above personal pettiness. Or as a way to let him (Schmidt) know that he still has to come face to face with her at some point and acknowledge what he has said about her.

Who knows? I'm sure that we'll get a chance to hear her point of view on this sometime soon.

I'm not condemning her, just taking a second look. Want to know the reason for this support. While she says she admires McCain she hasn't been adamant about him and kinda skirts the questions regarding him.

crin63
01-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Its time for McCain to ride off into the sunset. I hope he is replaced but I'm not J.D. Hayworth is the right person to replace him.

Trigg
01-25-2010, 01:39 PM
I didn't like McCain for President and I wouldn't miss him as a Senator.

VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS!!

SassyLady
01-25-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm not condemning her, just taking a second look. Want to know the reason for this support. While she says she admires McCain she hasn't been adamant about him and kinda skirts the questions regarding him.

I agree with you .......... wondering why she is supporting him and will be interested to hear........because I certainly can so no reason to keep him. He's an incumbent - time to get new blood in there.

01-25-2010, 10:27 PM

I heard it when she was interviewed by Glenn Beck like a week or two ago. I didnt realize McCain was up for reelection.

Ive always thought the best ads against McCain would be emphasizing his legislative achievement to ban political speech 30 days before a primay and 60 days before a general election. With the current Supreme Court decision, I think McCains work against the First Amendment would be a rallying cry for many people.