PDA

View Full Version : Obama Brings TelePrompter to Speak to 6th Grade Class

red states rule
01-25-2010, 06:11 AM
Is Pres Obama worried he can't keep up with 6th graders?

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/obama-6th-grade.jpg

http://beltwayblips.dailyradar.com/story/sad-obama-brings-teleprompter-to-speak-to-6th-grade/

Noir
01-25-2010, 07:17 AM
Seems pretty daft lol,

looking at pics though it seems when he was talking to the children it was without the prompter, and he was also announcing the 'race to the top program' could it be that the announcement was made officially via prompter and then the meeting with the kids to place afterwards?

red states rule
01-25-2010, 07:24 AM
I don't think he could look more stupid and ridiculous at this point.

But I am sure Obama will continue to try

Noir
01-25-2010, 07:34 AM
I don't think he could look more stupid and ridiculous at this point.

But I am sure Obama will continue to try

As i thought, it looks like this was a PR stunt, the telepromters where not for the kids, but for a press statement for a new policy announcement.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sigQHDGxysk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sigQHDGxysk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

red states rule
01-25-2010, 07:38 AM
As i thought, it looks like this was a PR stunt, the telepromters where not for the kids, but for a press statement for a new policy announcement.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sigQHDGxysk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sigQHDGxysk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

and the kids were in the crowd

Only Obama can't seperate himself from the umbilical cord, even when talking to 11 year old kids

and another spending bill from the Deficit Creator in Chief

Noir
01-25-2010, 07:50 AM
and the kids were in the crowd

Only Obama can't seperate himself from the umbilical cord, even when talking to 11 year old kids

and another spending bill from the Deficit Creator in Chief

I didn;t see any kids in the video, did you?

I think this was more likely the press conference and then he would of meet the kids afterwards

red states rule
01-25-2010, 07:54 AM
I didn;t see any kids in the video, did you?

I think this was more likely the press conference and then he would of meet the kids afterwards

Once again, your "open mind" when it comes to liberals is showing

Check out the pics and the reports of the photo op

http://www.daylife.com/search?q=obama+Graham+falls+church

Noir
01-25-2010, 07:59 AM
...dude, are your eyes failing you?

He is clearly talking to the kids with no promter, and is clearly talking to the kids in a different room.

If anything these pics go to prove what i was saying, that he made his policy announcement to the media with prompters, and then went on to meet the kids in the school afterwards. Thanks for the link :)

red states rule
01-25-2010, 08:01 AM
...dude, are your eyes failing you?

He is clearly talking to the kids with no promter, and is clearly talking to the kids in a different room.

If anything these pics go to prove what i was saying, that he made his policy announcement to the media with prompters, and then went on to meet the kids in the school afterwards. Thanks for the link :)

So despite the reports Obama was talking to the kids - you say otherwise

Must be that open mind of yours again :laugh2:

The full podium, two teleprompter screens, and a PA monitors --- to address a 6th grade class. The only thing missing to make the speech to the kids perfect is a mirror

Noir
01-25-2010, 08:09 AM
So despite the reports Obama was talking to the kids - you say otherwise

Must be that open mind of yours again :laugh2:

The full podium, two teleprompter screens, and a PA monitors --- to address a 6th grade class. The only thing missing to make the speech to the kids perfect is a mirror

Dude are you not listening to what i am saying? Yes he did talk to the kids, but before/after that he made a press conference to outline a new policy regarding eductaion

From your own link

Obama talking to the press
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0a7B2Y71ji7IX/232x151.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cOg4Qa27sguW/232x156.jpg

Obama talking to the kids
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09l434hakgclu/232x156.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03kb64e4A47dF/232x150.jpg

If you can't see the difference it is because you don't want to.

red states rule
01-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Sorry Noir, Obama needed his teleprompter to talk to the kids

Here is another source. The WH is denying the reports of course

http://wizbangblog.com/content/2010/01/24/barack-obama-brings-his-teleprompters-to-speak-to-a-class-of-sixth-graders.php

Noir
01-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Sorry Noir, Obama needed his teleprompter to talk to the kids

Here is another source. The WH is denying the reports of course

http://wizbangblog.com/content/2010/01/24/barack-obama-brings-his-teleprompters-to-speak-to-a-class-of-sixth-graders.php

Is anyone else reading this thread and can point out to RSR he's being pretty blind to the truth here?

from the source you just quoted

It seems the president can't look a class of sixth graders in the eye and have a conversation with them. Instead he's got to stand on his little podium there with a script fed to him by teleprompters and speak over their heads.

That is a lie! and the Pictures that you provided prove it is a lie!

He is sitting in a classroom, talking with the kids.
The podium and prompters are there for the PRESS RELEASE of a new policy, how can you seriously be so blind?

red states rule
01-25-2010, 08:36 AM
Is anyone else reading this thread and can point out to RSR he's being pretty blind to the truth here?

from the source you just quoted

That is a lie! and the Pictures that you provided prove it is a lie!

He is sitting in a classroom, talking with the kids.
The podium and prompters are there for the PRESS RELEASE of a new policy, how can you seriously be so blind?

Your rabid defense of another liberal is something

Note the header of this video

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/01/24/obama_uses_teleprompters_during_speech_to_6th_grad ers.html

The sad part is Obama thinks giving a policy speech in front of kids actually gives him more credibility

Noir
01-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Your rabid defense of another liberal is something

Note the header of this video

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/01/24/obama_uses_teleprompters_during_speech_to_6th_grad ers.html

The sad part is Obama thinks giving a policy speech in front of kids actually gives him more credibility

OMGWTFBBQ!

You mean someone uploaded a video with a title...therefore the title MUST be true...after all if that video title said "Obama Uses Teleprompters During Speech To aliens from the Planet Zog" The surly he would of been talking to an audience of aliens from the planet zog?...right?...

Seriously dude, weak argument is weak.

red states rule
01-25-2010, 08:45 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!

You mean someone uploaded a video with a title...therefore the title MUST be true...after all if that video title said "Obama Uses Teleprompters During Speech To aliens from the Planet Zog" The surly he would of been talking to an audience of aliens from the planet zog?...right?...

Seriously dude, weak argument is weak.

Thank you Noir for showing how open minded, as well as defensive, when it comes to liberals

It is also clear, Obama and his handlers know damn well, Obama can't speak from the heart - but must have his teleprompter, even when speaking to 11 year old kids

I guess this was a tune up speech before addressing the real children - the Reid/Pelosi Congress and the SOTU speech

Noir
01-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Thank you Noir for showing how open minded, as well as defensive, when it comes to liberals

It is also clear, Obama and his handlers know damn well, Obama can't speak from the heart - but must have his teleprompter, even when speaking to 11 year old kids

I guess this was a tune up speech before addressing the real children - the Reid/Pelosi Congress and the SOTU speech

Seriously dude, you've got some problems, you provdied the pics, i'm at a loss for words.

red states rule
01-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Seriously dude, you've got some problems, you provdied the pics, i'm at a loss for words.

I am sure the loss is only temporary Noir

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2789/4303755368_d4831efa22_m.jpg

HogTrash
01-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Although an excellent con-artist, Obama is the least intelligent of the American presidents...It must be very embarrassing for the poor fellow.

This is obvious by the extradinary measures he has taken to keep his school records containing his grades and IQ hidden from public scrutiny.

Noir
01-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Although an excellent con-artist, Obama is the least intelligent of the American presidents...It must be very embarrassing for the poor fellow.

This is obvious by the extradinary measures he has taken to keep his school records containing his grades and IQ hidden from public scrutiny.

Good lord, is there no one else on this site who can knows what really went on? There must be some of you.

Mr. P
01-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Good lord, is there no one else on this site who can knows what really went on? There must be some of you.

I may be wrong...But I think you're being exposed to a very common "liberal" tactic. It's called twist, obscure and deny the truth. It works for them...so...hey..what goes around comes around.

Trigg
01-25-2010, 01:21 PM

My two cents.

It does look like the TelePrompTers were put up for an adult conversation and news release and then he sat down to talk to the kids.

However, his over reliance on the prompters is getting out of hand. He was supposed to be such an eloquent speaker, at least that is what we were told during the election, and now we find out he can't put two words together without them being fed to him. It is making him look ridiculous.

Mr. P
01-25-2010, 01:24 PM
My two cents.

It does look like the TelePrompTers were put up for an adult conversation and news release and then he sat down to talk to the kids.

However, his over reliance on the prompters is getting out of hand. He was supposed to be such an eloquent speaker, at least that is what we were told during the election, and now we find out he can't put two words together without them being fed to him. It is making him look ridiculous.

And SOooooo much like the puppet he is!!

Abbey Marie
01-25-2010, 01:28 PM
The teleprompter "speech" appears to have been given in a different room from the talk with the kids. You can see a blue wall-to-wall carpet in the teleprompter room (plus a Presidential-seal oval rug), and a hard tile-like floor in the room with the kids. We just can't see who was in that carpeted room, but either way, it was separate from the talk with the kids.

Sooo, it looks like as Noir said, BO could have spoken to the 6th graders extemporaneously (dear lord, I hope he can at least do that!), and given the little speech with the prompters. I also think I noticed that he hesitated with the Education Secretary's name- I think he forgot it.

All of which doesn't change the fact that the man cannot make a simple speech without his crutch. I think BO is of medium intelligence, but is not quick or facile.

Noir
01-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Atlast, some reasonable voices, we've y'all been? :laugh2:

I do agree that using the teleprompter all the time seems excessive, and i did notice the pause at the start, maybe there was a delay in the teleprompter starting to scroll i thought,

but the obvious perversion of the truth is what got my goat about the OP.

Trigg
01-25-2010, 01:37 PM
The teleprompter "speech" appears to have been given in a different room from the talk with the kids. You can see a blue wall-to-wall carpet in the teleprompter room (plus a Presidential-seal oval rug), and a hard tile-like floor in the room with the kids. We just can't see who was in that carpeted room, but either way, it was separate from the talk with the kids.

Sooo, it looks like as Noir said, BO could have spoken to the 6th graders extemporaneously (dear lord, I hope he can at least do that!), and given the little speech with the prompters. I also think I noticed that he hesitated with the Education Secretary's name- I think he forgot it.

All of which doesn't change the fact that the man cannot make a simple speech without his crutch. I think BO is of medium intelligence, but is not quick or facile.

I'd personally love to find out what his grades in college were. It's telling that he refuses to release them, especially when every other President has done so.

I think most on this board will remember Kerry telling us how stupid Bush was during his run for President, only to find out that Kerry's grades were WORSE. Gotta wonder what bambam is hiding

Abbey Marie
01-25-2010, 01:52 PM
I'd personally love to find out what his grades in college were. It's telling that he refuses to release them, especially when every other President has done so.

I think most on this board will remember Kerry telling us how stupid Bush was during his run for President, only to find out that Kerry's grades were WORSE. Gotta wonder what bambam is hiding

Let's all say it together: "Affirmative Action".

Abbey Marie
01-25-2010, 01:56 PM

I do agree that using the teleprompter all the time seems excessive, and i did notice the pause at the start, maybe there was a delay in the teleprompter starting to scroll i thought,

but the obvious perversion of the truth is what got my goat about the OP.

On top of the limitations/shortcomings BO obviously came with to the White House, it is just going to get harder for him to use his own memory and knowledge after relying on a crutch for so long. It's similar to how I feel about using those speed dial buttons on my cell. Eventually, I can't tell you what anyone's number is!

Noir
01-25-2010, 02:03 PM
On top of the limitations/shortcomings obviously BO came with to the White House, it is just going to get harder for him to use his own memory and knowledge after relying on a crutch for so long. It's similar to how I feel about using those speed dial buttons on my cell. Eventually, I can't tell you what anyone's number is!

True that, it also gives you much more credibility over the issue i think the less prompts you have.

I memo when the man who is likely to be our next Prime minister, David Cameron, delivered his first speech to the Tory conference as its leader, i was in spain at the time on holiday watching it lol, but he stood on the stage for over and hour and a half talking, no prompters or notes or even a podium, just an empty stage. And even thought that really says nothing about if he will be a good leader of the country or not, it made what he said so much more powerful, maybe Obama could learn from Cameron and his PR team.

Abbey Marie
01-25-2010, 02:06 PM
True that, it also gives you much more credibility over the issue i think the less prompts you have.

I memo when the man who is likely to be our next Prime minister, David Cameron, delivered his first speech to the Tory conference as its leader, i was in spain at the time on holiday watching it lol, but he stood on the stage for over and hour and a half talking, no prompters or notes or even a podium, just an empty stage. And even thought that really says nothing about if he will be a good leader of the country or not, it made what he said so much more powerful, maybe Obama could learn from Cameron and his PR team.

Impressive. It makes me more likely to think that your candidate really believes what he says, and doesn't rely on speech writers/polls/experts to tell him what he thinks or feels about issues.

Noir
01-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Impressive. It makes me more likely to think that your candidate really believes what he says, and doesn't rely on speech writers/polls/experts to tell him what he thinks or feels about issues.

True....now if only i agreed with what he believed in :laugh2:

HogTrash
01-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Good lord, is there no one else on this site who can knows what really went on? There must be some of you.I suppose Obama may possibly have maintained a 4.0 average all through school and have an IQ that rivals Albert Einsteins and is simply modest.

Hmmm?...3.5 million dollars seems like an awfully large sum of money to pay for modesty, don't ya think?...But, I suppose I could be wrong. :laugh2:

Binky
01-25-2010, 03:27 PM
What I find fascinating is the fact that you people have gone thru just over two pages in this thread over whether or not OB used or didn't use a teleprompt...Good grief...............Certainly there must be some serious stuff going on in the country somewhere, that is far more important...................:lame2:

Trigg
01-25-2010, 05:15 PM

gee, I don't know.........working?:coffee:

Kathianne
01-25-2010, 07:28 PM
What I find fascinating is the fact that you people have gone thru just over two pages in this thread over whether or not OB used or didn't use a teleprompt...Good grief...............Certainly there must be some serious stuff going on in the country somewhere, that is far more important...................:lame2:

Really, is that possible? You mean like terrorism, deficits, taxing, mandated programs?

Gee Binkey, you expect anyone to think of things other than religion or partisanship?

Can't rep, but wish I could.

Noir
01-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Really, is that possible? You mean like terrorism, deficits, taxing, mandated programs?

Gee Binkey, you expect anyone to think of things other than religion or partisanship?

While i would agree in general with yourself and Binkey, i would personally see no topic of discussion more important than religion,

chloe
01-25-2010, 08:14 PM
While i would agree in general with yourself and Binkey, i would personally see no topic of discussion more important than religion,

Religious topics are my personal favorites too

Kathianne
01-25-2010, 08:48 PM

Actually, I hate them. LOL, now that I've found my fingers, I think it's close to the time of my leaving this site for hyper activity. I'll boing here now and again, but there are more in synch poster for this forum.

Kathianne
01-25-2010, 08:48 PM

I detest religion in posts. Sorry.

chloe
01-25-2010, 08:54 PM

Everyone has a particular subject that interests them more then others. Religion does influence poilitics and I find religion interesting, its no problem to me what your interests are or aren't.:cool:

Binky
01-25-2010, 09:14 PM

:laugh2::laugh2: What I expect is for people to stop fighting over stupid crapola and to help fix the problems we have as best they can.....

Mr. P
01-25-2010, 10:03 PM
:laugh2::laugh2: What I expect is for people to stop fighting over stupid crapola and to help fix the problems we have as best they can.....

My Dad always said..Never discuss Politics or Religion.
I asked him why..all he said was, "because no one ever wins".

I think he was right. It's a waste of time. :laugh2:

chloe
01-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Actually, I hate them. LOL, now that I've found my fingers, I think it's close to the time of my leaving this site for hyper activity. I'll boing here now and again, but there are more in synch poster for this forum.

Sounds like your burned out from the net, you know the other board I met you at is much more guilty of that then this place thats for sure :cool:

Mr. P
01-25-2010, 11:52 PM

HUH? Does this mean a Mod job is available?

Binky
01-26-2010, 12:45 AM

Well then, discuss it in the religion thread....

Binky
01-26-2010, 12:48 AM

So do I and I won't even comment on anything having to do with religion....

Binky
01-26-2010, 12:51 AM

I think he was right. It's a waste of time. :laugh2:

He was absolutely right and until I began posting on political sites, I never discussed either.... Too many arguements come out of them and everyone comes away losing....

Abbey Marie
01-26-2010, 01:08 AM
Well then, discuss it in the religion thread....

To be fair, Noir does discuss religion in the religion forum, Binky. He did not bring it up here.

Noir
01-26-2010, 05:00 AM
He was absolutely right and until I began posting on political sites, I never discussed either.... Too many arguements come out of them and everyone comes away losing....

I disagree totally, and I'm sure you must of discussed politics, everything has to do with politics, maybe you mean you neverdiscussed washinting politics, but you have discussed and used politics everyday of your life since you became indpemdantly minded.

HogTrash
01-26-2010, 05:01 AM

I think he was right. It's a waste of time. :laugh2:Arguments about anything are rarely won by either side.

In most cases, both parties go away with the same beliefs they had going in.

Arguments are more of an exchange of positions, beliefs and ideologies than attempts at conversion.

Noir
01-26-2010, 05:03 AM
To be fair, Noir does discuss religion in the religion forum, Binky. He did not bring it up here.

TruFax

It was Kathi that brought it up, maybe you wana redirect your comment away from me and towards Kathi, eh Binkey?

red states rule
01-26-2010, 08:05 AM
I suppose Obama may possibly have maintained a 4.0 average all through school and have an IQ that rivals Albert Einsteins and is simply modest.

Hmmm?...3.5 million dollars seems like an awfully large sum of money to pay for modesty, don't ya think?...But, I suppose I could be wrong. :laugh2:

Since Obama is a lawyer, I wonder if he had to address the judge and jury, how well would he fo without a teleprompter?

Maybe that is why he went into politics and not the court room