PDA

View Full Version : God is everywhere

Noir
01-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Hey, random thought just occurred to me, this is prob a common question but i dunno, its the first time i've thought of it anyway,

If Gods presence is everywhere, is he also in hell?

crin63
01-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Hey, random thought just occurred to me, this is prob a common question but i dunno, its the first time i've thought of it anyway,

I don't know that God is or necessarily needs to be everywhere, but He sees everything. Jesus is seated in heaven at the right hand of the Father, no other place. God is the one who created and maintains hell so His presence there would not mean He was being tormented.

Noir
01-25-2010, 10:31 AM
I don't know that God is or necessarily needs to be everywhere, but He sees everything. Jesus is seated in heaven at the right hand of the Father, no other place. God is the one who created and maintains hell so His presence there would not mean He was being tormented.

No, but it would give rise to the thought that he is the tormentor.

I know this is going to sound quite stupid, but it has only really happened upon me that the torrmentor must not be Satan, but rather God, afterall Satan and his angels were merely the first to be sent to hell, to pay for their sins.

crin63
01-25-2010, 10:57 AM
No, but it would give rise to the thought that he is the tormentor.

I know this is going to sound quite stupid, but it has only really happened upon me that the torrmentor must not be Satan, but rather God, afterall Satan and his angels were merely the first to be sent to hell, to pay for their sins.

Yes, God is the person who will punish people for their sins. He sent His son to pay the ransom for sin and punishment. All one needs do is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be spared. He could give no greater gift than His Son yet people reject and refuse Him.

Satan is a deceiver. He is the father of lies and was lifted up with pride. He was cast down from heaven along with 1/3 of the angels which are most likely what we would refer to as demons. Satan is trying to thwart the will of God through lies and pride, he is trying to take everyone down with him that he can.

PostmodernProphet
01-25-2010, 11:02 AM
but it has only really happened upon me that the torrmentor must not be Satan, but rather God .
why?......

Mr. P
01-25-2010, 11:32 AM
I'd say Hell is void of any God..that's why it's Hell.

Just my 2 cents.

DragonStryk72
01-25-2010, 12:48 PM

No, god is not Satan. Actually, it nevers says that Satan was cast into "hell", it says he was cast into aspersion, along with the other fallen. As is, he could have also created hell to hold them, as well.

I believe that there are only a few of the blackest souls that would even end up in that place, since God is forgiving. I mean, seriously, you would need to be so far gone to get to that point, likes hitler, serial killers, child rapists, those sorts of things.

darin
01-25-2010, 05:36 PM
"If thens" are typically logical fallacy.

Noir
01-25-2010, 05:38 PM
why?......

Why what?

Noir
01-25-2010, 05:40 PM

Just my 2 cents.

Kk, thus far you're the first person i've asked who has said that,

Noir
01-25-2010, 05:46 PM
No, god is not Satan. Actually, it nevers says that Satan was cast into "hell", it says he was cast into aspersion, along with the other fallen. As is, he could have also created hell to hold them, as well.

I believe that there are only a few of the blackest souls that would even end up in that place, since God is forgiving. I mean, seriously, you would need to be so far gone to get to that point, likes hitler, serial killers, child rapists, those sorts of things.

So you do not believe that Satan is in hell? Would you not consider him a black enough soul?

Also, thats a very unique veiw of sin, atleast that i've heard, so does that mean you think god forgives anyone who has only committed minor sins even if they do not believe in him?

PostmodernProphet
01-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Why what?

????....perhaps "why" the statement I quoted....why must the tormentor be God and not Satan?.......

Noir
01-25-2010, 06:06 PM
????....perhaps "why" the statement I quoted....why must the tormentor be God and not Satan?.......

No worries, given the quote you could of also been asking me why it happened upon me, just making sure.

Because surly Satan is also being tortured, no? And he would not do so of his own free will,

And if you think otherwise then why would god give Satan his own kingdom to do whatever he wanted in?

SassyLady
01-25-2010, 06:12 PM
No worries, given the quote you could of also been asking me why it happened upon me, just making sure.

Because surly Satan is also being tortured, no? And he would not do so of his own free will,

And if you think otherwise then why would god give Satan his own kingdom to do whatever he wanted in?

Satan is being tortured? In what way? What is it about hell that you think would be torture for Satan?

PostmodernProphet
01-25-2010, 06:29 PM

not at the moment I don't believe, that happens in the future....I think the general consensus among millennialists is that he get's thrown into punishment after some thousand year period.....right now he's given free rein to try to win over souls.....

Noir
01-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Satan is being tortured? In what way? What is it about hell that you think would be torture for Satan?

Well you would think that Satan is punished by god for what he did, no?

and if he's sending humans to hell just for not believing in him, trying to overthrow him should surly deserve such a punishment

chloe
01-25-2010, 08:24 PM

Is God everywhere?

Mr. P
01-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Kk, thus far you're the first person i've asked who has said that,

Cuz I have no religious ideology to defend. That doesn't mean I don't believe in a higher being though.

Noir
01-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Is God everywhere?

Christians believe so, or at least i have been taught that they do, omnipresent.

chloe
01-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Christians believe so, or at least i have been taught that they do, omnipresent.

oh I guess not all christians do.

PostmodernProphet
01-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Well you would think that Satan is punished by god for what he did, no?

and if he's sending humans to hell just for not believing in him, trying to overthrow him should surly deserve such a punishment

is?......will be?.....

SassyLady
01-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Cuz I have no religious ideology to defend. That doesn't mean I don't believe in a higher being though.

Me too.

Abbey Marie
01-26-2010, 01:11 AM

Just my 2 cents.

:clap:

chloe
01-28-2010, 03:50 PM
According to my best friend Poncho you make your own hell but God is everywhere, you only have to be willing to acknowledge.

Noir
01-28-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm surprised so few Christians have taken to this debate, afterall i thought the idea of God being omnipresent was an important one. Seems not.

PostmodernProphet
01-28-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm surprised so few Christians have taken to this debate, afterall i thought the idea of God being omnipresent was an important one. Seems not.

is it a 'burning issue'?....does it matter theologically if God is/can be present in hell?.....
1 Peter 3:18For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.

Noir
01-28-2010, 07:41 PM
is it a 'burning issue'?....does it matter theologically if God is/can be present in hell?.....
1 Peter 3:18For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.

I would say its pretty damn important myself.

glockmail
01-28-2010, 08:24 PM

Just my 2 cents.

Its void of God who made man and the universe. There are other omnipotent beings, but they are not God, and many of them are jealous of God and hate all He has made, especially man, since he is made in God's image.

PostmodernProphet
01-28-2010, 11:00 PM
I would say its pretty damn important myself.

why?....what difference does it make if God visits hell from time to time?.....or conversely what effect does it have upon "omnipresent" if he chooses not to on a regular basis?....

crin63
01-29-2010, 12:27 PM

Yes I believe God is omnipresent (to clarify my 1st statement), however like I said previously he is not being tormented in hell. He is the person who created and maintains hell as a place to punish sins.

gabosaurus
01-31-2010, 12:12 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_hkIN38qnY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_hkIN38qnY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>