PDA

View Full Version : Hey, It's Not Our Fault!!!!

red states rule
01-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Well, the 2010 compaign theme will be "it is everyones fault except Obama's"

According to Joe Kline, it is OUR fault the Obama stimulus bill did not work

snip

Absolutely amazing poll results from CNN today about the $787 stimulus package: nearly three out of four Americans think the money has been wasted. On second thought, they may be right: it's been wasted on them. Indeed, the largest single item in the package--$288 billion--is tax relief for 95% of the American public. This money is that magical $60 to $80 per month you've been finding in your paycheck since last spring. Not a life changing amount, but helpful in paying the bills.

The next highest amount was $275 billion in grants and loans to states. This is why your child's teacher wasn't laid off...and why the fire station has remained open, and why you're not paying even higher state and local taxes to close the local budget hole.

It turns out that what people are really upset about is all that wasteful money that has gone to political public works projects...except that the overwhelming portion of that money hasn't been spent yet. Remember all those "shovel-ready" projects? Well, they didn't exist. The big jobs-creating projects like the rebuilt "smart" electric grid, major highways and fast trains will come on line during the next year. (Although these projects might have gotten greater public support if they'd been chosen by a National Infrastructure Bank--a panel of experts, like the fed--that would have picked them according to their value added, rather than by the bozo appropriators in the Congress.)

Read more: http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010/01/25/too-dumb-to-thrive/#ixzz0diqR5pwG

and James Carvell advised the Dems to blame Bush more

snip

Democrats need to learn the blame game
By James Carville

Published: January 24 2010 20:20 | Last updated: January 24 2010 20:20

The most exciting spectator sport in American politics is in full swing in Washington following last Tuesday’s once-unthinkable election result. And it is just beginning.

Contrary to what you might think, I am a proud member of the pro finger-pointing caucus. It wasn’t too long ago that my longtime colleague Paul Begala and I urged our friends on the other side of the aisle to engage early and often in the blame game.

Now it is the Democrats’ turn. Point fingers is exactly what Democrats have done following Republican Scott Brown’s surprise victory in Massachusetts, and the subsequent setback for healthcare reform .

The White House, Martha Coakley, the Massachusetts attorney-general, Celinda Lake, her pollster, congressional Democrats, the Democratic National Committee, Nancy Pelosi, the House Speaker, and Harry Reid, the Senate majority leader, are just a few of the circular firing squad that has sucked up every last breath in Washington this past week.

I should admit I watched the cataclysmic election and the subsequent war of words from over 9,000 miles away. As author of 40 More Years, in which I outline how the Democrats are well positioned for sustained electoral dominance for the next three decades, I couldn’t help but be happy to be watching the sun set in the Seychelles rather than have to defend my thesis (which I stick to) Stateside.

Democrats would not be playing the blame game with one another for the loss or for the healthcare debacle if they had only pointed fingers at those (or in this case, the one) who put Americans (and most of the world) in the predicament we’re in: George W. Bush.

for the complete article

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5d87e54e-0925-11df-ba88-00144feabdc0.html

glockmail
01-26-2010, 08:16 AM
Awesome. I hope the 'rats keep at it.

red states rule
01-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Awesome. I hope the 'rats keep at it.

Obama and most Dems will

They will now campaign instead of govern

red states rule
01-26-2010, 09:07 AM
A very telling sign on how Pres Obama views the current political events is that he has brought back his chief campaign manager

'No Bed-Wetting'
David Plouffe's call to arms.

Even as President Obama makes a show of political modesty after losing Massachusetts, Congressional leaders are trying to rekindle the cinders left among the health-care ashes. Plan B still seems to be to dragoon enough panicking House Democrats into passing the Senate's Christmas Eve bill, and to that end the White House reactivated campaign manager David Plouffe over the weekend.

"No bed-wetting," Mr. Plouffe declared in a Washington Post op-ed. As a call to arms this leaves something to be desired, though it does suggest the political unreality that still prevails among Democratic leaders.

A new poll released yesterday by the Pew Research Center on the public's priorities reveals the real reasons ObamaCare is in intensive care. Jobs and rehabilitating the economy understandably top the list, with 81% and 83% of voters rating these as a "top priority." Reducing health-care costs (57%) fell from 69% in 2008, and is now behind terrorism (80%), education (65%), deficit reduction (60%) and even Medicare (63%) and Social Security (66%).

Our guess is that this decline is because Democrats have tipped their hand in the last year about how they plan to reduce those costs via ObamaCare—namely through central planning and price controls that would limit access to care. Meanwhile, health insurance reform clocked in at 49%, which at least makes it far more popular than the Administration's cap-and-tax global-warming agenda. A mere 28% ranked climate change as a political priority.

This collapsing public support is what's eroding ObamaCare's chances in Congress. Scott Brown's election in Massachusetts is looking like an excuse for many Democrats to do what they have probably wanted to do for months anyway. The toxic political environment became even clearer yesterday with Beau Biden's announcement that he will not run for his dad's old Delaware Senate seat this year (despite reports to the contrary from the Vice President's office on Sunday). Arkansas Democrat Marion Berry also announced that he'll retire this year after seven terms, telling local media that the current health-care debate looks a lot like 1994 to him.

Wednesday's State of the Union may reveal whether the White House is going to stick with its so-crazy-it-just-might-work strategy to save ObamaCare. It would be wiser to pack it in and start over.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703808904575025623263130924.html?m od=WSJ_Opinion_AboveLEFTTop

crin63
01-26-2010, 10:48 AM
I don't know what Carville is talking about. Liberals have always been about misdirection and blaming someone else. They need to learn the blame game, thats a hoot!

red states rule
01-27-2010, 06:24 AM
I don't know what Carville is talking about. Liberals have always been about misdirection and blaming someone else. They need to learn the blame game, thats a hoot!

What else can they do? As with my friend BSR, he always goes back to Bush and tries to get you to admit how Bush messed up

It is like Dems do not want to set any standards for their own, while setting the bar high for others

I keep asking BSR, and I will ask the Obama supporters here - what has Obama done for the middle class? What has he done for employment? What has he done for the "poor"? What has he done for education?

One year in office and I see nothing - yet it is all Bush's fault, or the powerless Republicnas