PDA

View Full Version : Obama - "I 'would rather be really good one-term President'

red states rule
01-26-2010, 09:00 AM
The definition of a "really good one term President" will be self defined

After all, Obama gives himself a B+ for his first year

Obama says he 'would rather be really good one-term president'
By Jordan Fabian - 01/25/10 05:57 PM ET

President Barack Obama said that he "would rather be a really good one-term president" than have two mediocre terms.

In an interview to air Monday, the president stated his preference as negotiations have stalled over the healthcare reform package he championed.

"I'd rather be a really good one-term president than a mediocre two-term president," he told ABC News' Diane Sawyer.

Obama words come just two days before he gives his first State of the Union address, in which he will lay out his agenda for the next year.

The president is expected to explain how he wants his administration and Congress to tackle the sputtering economy and persistent high unemployment.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/77897-obama-says-he-would-rather-be-really-good-one-term-president

Gaffer
01-26-2010, 09:13 AM
A really good one term president would be one that dies in office.

red states rule
01-26-2010, 09:18 AM
When does Pres Obama plan on starting? He is one year into his term

red states rule
01-26-2010, 10:14 AM
From the link

"You know, there is a tendency in Washington to believe our job description, of elected officials, is to get reelected. That's not our job description," Obama said. "Our job description is to solve problems and to help people"

This sounds like the job descrition of fire fighters and police officers.

I always thought the job of the President was outlined in the US Constitution. Where in the US Constitution does it say the jobs of Presidnet is to solve problems and help people

What has Obama done that meets his self described job description?

HogTrash
01-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Hopefully American voters will make Obama's "one-term" dream come true in 2012.

And to be "good" during that one term we must also work to make his marxist dream fail.

Jeff
01-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Hell I wish he was a GOOD one term president also, but he can't even do that well, best he can hope for is the best one term liar award :laugh2:

stephanie
01-26-2010, 03:42 PM
He will end up being the one term joke was on the American people President.
you have to wonder why he doesn't care about that.

glockmail
01-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Carter II, as predicted. :lol:

stephanie
01-26-2010, 04:18 PM
I could only wish he was like a Carter II, the big difference is the Radical people he has in his administration. I believe they are dangerous to us and our country.
We really need to be on our toes this year I'm afraid.

glockmail
01-26-2010, 04:32 PM
They're a danger to themselves more than anything. Obama's strategy is to get enough voters on the public dole before the next election so they'll dutifully vote 'rat no mater what, which is why this health care shit is so important to him. But some or the 'rats in Congress didn't understand so they proposed to start paying for it and not introduce the entitlement package until later. Because of that even if they pass it it will be rescinded by a GOP majority in 2010 or 12.

PostmodernProphet
01-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Obama and I agree on something....I want him to be a good one term president too.....unfortunately, the way he's going, he's more likely to be a bad one term president.....

Binky
01-26-2010, 07:42 PM
I could only wish he was like a Carter II, the big difference is the Radical people he has in his administration. I believe they are dangerous to us and our country.
We really need to be on our toes this year I'm afraid.

Well, he hung around with radicals long before becoming president....What makes anyone think he wouldn't have put other radicals into important jobs in his administration as well? Duh.....the signs were there.....

DragonStryk72
01-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Well, hopefully he'll get half of it, in any case.

red states rule
01-27-2010, 06:43 AM
I want to hold Pres Obama to the same standards Obama and the Dems hold CEO's to

One year on the job, Obama has zero results for the company - and lost money to the tune of trillions

He should be fired, with no bonus or golden parachute

Much like he demands for private companies

CSM
01-27-2010, 07:45 AM
I want to hold Pres Obama to the same standards Obama and the Dems hold CEO's to

One year on the job, Obama has zero results for the company - and lost money to the tune of trillions

He should be fired, with no bonus or golden parachute

Much like he demands for private companies

And tax him for the privilege ever after!

red states rule
01-27-2010, 07:49 AM
And tax him for the privilege ever after!

Liberals pay taxes?

Bill Richardson, Charlie Rangel, Claire McCaskill, Kathleen Sebelius, Tim Geithner, and Tom Daschle would say otherwise