PDA

View Full Version : Rahm Emanuel Calls Liberals "F****** Retards" At Meeting

red states rule
01-26-2010, 10:36 AM
So now the White House is attacking their supporters?

Wow, things are coming apart for Obama

WASHINGTON—President Barack Obama's liberal backers have a long list of grievances. The Guantanamo Bay prison is still open. Health care hasn't been transformed. And Wall Street banks are still paying huge bonuses.

But they are directing their anger less at Mr. Obama than at the man who works down the hall from him. Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, they say, is the prime obstacle to the changes they thought Mr. Obama's election would bring.

The friction was laid bare in August when Mr. Emanuel showed up at a weekly strategy session featuring liberal groups and White House aides. Some attendees said they were planning to air ads attacking conservative Democrats who were balking at Mr. Obama's health-care overhaul.

"F—ing retarded," Mr. Emanuel scolded the group, according to several participants. He warned them not to alienate lawmakers whose votes would be needed on health care and other top legislative items.

The antipathy reflects deep dissatisfaction on the Democratic left with Mr. Obama's first year in office, and represents a fracturing of the relationship between the president and the political base that mobilized to elect him. A little more than one year ago, Mr. Obama's victory led some to predict an era of Democratic dominance.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703808904575025030384695158.html?m od=WSJ_hps_MIDDLEForthNews

HogTrash
01-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Rahm Emanuel is only learning now what I have known for many decades?...He must be a liberal.

Abbey Marie
01-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Sometime right after BO's election, I posted that we can only hope that the office and the info and secrets he learns in it, will moderate him. :)

glockmail
01-26-2010, 02:30 PM
In other words to his most avid supporters: 'shut the fuck up and take it up the ass'. :lol:

HogTrash
01-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Sometime right after BO's election, I posted that we can only hope that the office and the info and secrets he learns in it, will moderate him. :)How secure do you suppose those "secrets" will be in President Obama's possession?

His past makes him ineligible for the security clearance necessary to even be one of the Secret Service Agents that guard him.

It is so very obvious to anyone who has been paying attention that Barack Hussein Obama hates America and wishes to destroy it.

Obama just might be the biggest threat America has ever faced...No force in the world could defeat America...It had to be done from within.

Hopefully some element of government that is still loyal to the United States will eliminate this security risk immediately following his term if not before.

BoogyMan
01-26-2010, 05:34 PM
It would seem that, in Mr. Emmanuel's case, it takes one to know one.

darin
01-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Where did he call them f'ing retards?

82Marine89
01-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Where did he call them f'ing retards?

According to the article at a weekly strategy session. :cool:

darin
01-26-2010, 07:20 PM
I see 'f'ing retarded' - but miss the context I guess.

Kathianne
01-27-2010, 05:07 AM
Rahm is perhaps the only 'insider' that understands the politics of Washington as well as Chicago. It's been obvious for awhile that he's been trying to interject some reality into the administration and the left wing of his party. Seems he's been failing at that, since at least August as the article alludes to. Now it's his blood in the water. With the election of Brown last week, seems the cannibalism has started.

It'll be interesting to see if Rahm is shown the door or some others.

red states rule
01-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Rahm is perhaps the only 'insider' that understands the politics of Washington as well as Chicago. It's been obvious for awhile that he's been trying to interject some reality into the administration and the left wing of his party. Seems he's been failing at that, since at least August as the article alludes to. Now it's his blood in the water. With the election of Brown last week, seems the cannibalism has started.

It'll be interesting to see if Rahm is shown the door or some others.

Has anyone see Rahm anywhere recently?

It is a safe bet he advised Pres Obama to travel to VA, NJ, and MA to help the Dems in those elections

I have heard from the talking heads - and even the liberals have said Rahm will be shown the door

It wil be interesting on who will replace him, and what the spin will be