PDA

View Full Version : Blaming Bush - Again

red states rule
01-28-2010, 07:55 AM
During his SOTU speech, Pres Obama made the following statement

One year ago, I took office amid two wars, an economy rocked by severe recession, a financial system on the verge of collapse and a government deeply in debt. Experts from across the political spectrum warned that if we did not act, we might face a second depression. So we acted immediately and aggressively. And one year later, the worst of the storm has passed.

http://www.publicopiniononline.com/news/ci_14281468

Once again Pres Obama is showing his lack of leadership. Constantly whining on what he "inherited" is not the trait of a leader

Which party was in control of Congress for the last 3 years?

Pres Obama was Sen Obama for the final 2 Bush budgets that passed Congress

Which party was warning America on the pending mortgage crisis? It was NOT the Democrats

What benefits of "Cash for Clunkers", the stimulus bill, and massive social spending have we seen?

Bottom line is, why is Obama whining about inheriting this economic mess when he voted for the mess when he was in the Senate?

CSM
01-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Well, the citizen's of this country will decide very soon who was at fault and I suspect it is the members of Congress who will find themselves at the pointy end of the finger.

I sincerely hope that in 2012, this particular president will find himself at the pointy end of that same finger.

red states rule
01-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Well, the citizen's of this country will decide very soon who was at fault and I suspect it is the members of Congress who will find themselves at the pointy end of the finger.

I sincerely hope that in 2012, this particular president will find himself at the pointy end of that same finger.

I do hope Obama keeps acting like he was on vacation, and only arrived in DC on Jan 20, 09

He is counting on the people being suckered by flowery speeches and false promises as they were during the election

Actions speak much louder then words, and the voters are running out of patience

CSM
01-28-2010, 08:43 AM
I do hope Obama keeps acting like he was on vacation, and only arrived in DC on Jan 20, 09

He is counting on the people being suckered by flowery speeches and false promises as they were during the election

Actions speak much louder then words, and the voters are running out of patience

Your point about Obama being in Washington long before Jan 20th, 09 is one that most seem to forget. As for flowery speeches, I am beginning to believe that Obama is a professional campaigner rather than a leader or anything else.

red states rule
01-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Your point about Obama being in Washington long before Jan 20th, 09 is one that most seem to forget. As for flowery speeches, I am beginning to believe that Obama is a professional campaigner rather than a leader or anything else.

He can read from a teleprompter better then anyone I have ever seen

Obama has never gotten out of campaign mode and will not until he is out of office

People do forget Obama voted for TARP, voted to keep funding both wars, and voted for SCHIPS, Medicare, and Meidcade expansion

Today, the Reid/Pelosi Congress will vote to add $1.9 TRILLION to the national debt

What Obama claims he inherited is what he and his fellow Dems voted for

red states rule
01-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Instead of blaming Bush for all his problems, Obama should blame the voters

They were the ones who ignored his blank resume, and hired him for the job, Now Obama is stuck with it, is in way over his head, and does not have a clue on how the economy works - and all of us will pay dearly

glockmail
01-28-2010, 11:24 AM
I heard:

1. It was Bush's fault, worse then I imagined;
2. The Republicans are obstructing;
3. The Supreme Court should STFU;
4. Here's some lip service to nuclear power and offshore drilling that will be ignored later.

crin63
01-28-2010, 11:32 AM
He can read from a teleprompter better then anyone I have ever seen

Obama has never gotten out of campaign mode and will not until he is out of office

People do forget Obama voted for TARP, voted to keep funding both wars, and voted for SCHIPS, Medicare, and Meidcade expansion

Today, the Reid/Pelosi Congress will vote to add $1.9 TRILLION to the national debt

What Obama claims he inherited is what he and his fellow Dems voted for

He's a one trick pony! All he can do is give speeches (written by his handlers) and for that he needs a teleprompter or he cant handle it.

red states rule
01-29-2010, 07:55 AM
He's a one trick pony! All he can do is give speeches (written by his handlers) and for that he needs a teleprompter or he cant handle it.

This "before I got here" crap is getting old, and wearing thin with the voters

In fact, the liberal policies of the past are mostly to blame, and the insane spending of the present was the final blow.

SassyLady
01-29-2010, 01:33 PM
I heard:

4. Here's some lip service to nuclear power and offshore drilling that will be ignored later.

Great summary!~!

Jeff
01-31-2010, 05:37 AM
I heard:

Lets not forget after all this he went on to say they must work together dems and republicans, at best I would say Obama is a bit confused

It was painfully clear Obama's speech writer wrote this speech before the Mass. elections, they added to try and do damage control, but all I seen was a asshole campaigning for a job he should be doing.

But when he decided to go on and talk about let the American ppl. relax and chill then they may understand his health care he lost plenty of respect across both sides of the isle, he might of tried with OK the people are not happy , lets sit down TOGETHER and try to find a plan to fit everyone, but nope he still thinks he knows what is best

And lets not forget the lack of the war talk, he said he wishes to end the war, he may of been better off stating he wanted to win, JMO

Obama has seal his fate, he will go down in history as the first black president and the worst of all times

IMO Obama sealed his fate with this speech

Good bye and good reddens to him and his kind

Jeff
01-31-2010, 05:44 AM
I heard:

Lets not forget after all this he went on to say they must work together dems and republicans, at best I would say Obama is a bit confused

It was painfully clear Obama's speech writer wrote this speech before the Mass. elections, they added to try and do damage control, but all I seen was a asshole campaigning for a job he should be doing.

But when he decided to go on and talk about let the American ppl. relax and chill then they may understand his health care he lost plenty of respect across both sides of the isle

IMO Obama sealed his fate with this speech

Good bye and good ridden to him and his kind