PDA

View Full Version : 1 Year with Obama - a nightmare

KarlMarx
01-30-2010, 06:03 PM
One year ago, I didn't like Obama and I feared the worst when he was sworn into office. Today, I can say for a fact that not only have the worst of my fears have been realized but the result of that man's decisions is personally affecting both me and my family.

Within 4 months after taking office, Barak Obama summarily terminated the Presidential Helicopter program without giving the program a chance to get back on track. A process that is normally done with defense programs that are in trouble. The reasons given were that the program was under performing and over budget. The program was six years behind schedule, if you believe Barak Obama. The problem is that the program was awarded in 2005, less than 5 years ago. Even if we did absolutely nothing on the program, we still could not be six years behind schedule. The over budget part was because of additional requirements on the part of the government.

An executive told us at a meeting that Lockheed had met all of the objectives of the program thus far. Clearly, if the program was a scapegoat on the part of the Obama Administration to give it an excuse to cut defense programs.

The result of His Royal Ineptitude's decision cost over 1,000 people at our local Lockheed plant their jobs. My brother lost his job. My girlfriend and I may be joining him, because the layoffs are still not over.

In addition our representative, a Democrat, tried to get the program reinstated. But, no other Democrat would go against His Royal Highness. As a result, the program was brought back, but at less than 1% of the original funding. The savings to the taxpayer was supposedly 10 billion dollars. Supposedly, 200 jobs were "saved", but that is probably an exaggeration. The fact remains that over 1,000 people already lost their jobs.

So, what is The Chief Retard going to do about the Presidential Helicopter program? He is going to rebid it, of course, and start all over again. It doesn't matter that $3 billion dollars was already spent and that something could be done with the helicopters that had already been built. The next generation of Presidential Helicopter will not be ready for at least 10 years and will cost at least twice what the Presidential Helicopter we were building.

Did I mention that the current Presidential Helicopter is over 30 years old and frequently suffers breakdowns and must cannibalize parts from other helicopters just to remain flight worthy?

This man doesn't blush at all when he spends 700 billion dollars on a so-called stimulus bill that creates a handful of jobs and doesn't bat an eyelash when he cuts a 13 billion dollar program and puts over 1,000 people out of work in a community that has no other large employers.

As of this day, I can honestly say to my shame that I hate the man with a passion that I never felt before.

Barak Obama is, without a doubt, the worst nightmare imaginable. He and his Democrat henchmen must be taken out of power before they hurt other small communities like my own, before he spreads untold suffering in innumerable families and individuals.

Gaffer
01-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if his helicopter crashed because of part failure?

Since day one I have refused to call him president. He's not my president and never will be. The nightmare is just beginning. Wait till Nov. when the fraudulent voting starts and his thugs take to the streets.

KarlMarx
01-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if his helicopter crashed because of part failure?

We can only hope.

Kathianne
01-31-2010, 06:18 AM
Karl Marx, I'm sorry about your brother and friends. I really hope you and gf get to have 'saved jobs.'

Just consider how many times this is played over and over again. We don't know unless they hit someone we know. It's just a blurb in the back column of the news sections.

KarlMarx
03-06-2010, 11:11 AM
An update....

About 3 weeks ago, the Pentagon issues an RFI (Request for Information) to build a fleet of 28 Presedential Helicopters to replace the aging fleet of helicopters they now have. This is after they spent over a billion dollars terminating the current contract. They want to have the new helicopters ready between 2017-2023. The likelihood is that the new fleet will cost much more than the one they just cancelled and won't really be ready to fly until after 2023.

I have to wonder... what will the Pentagon do if the new project experiences cost overruns and schedule slips (as it will in all likelihood)? Will they also cancel that one and start all over again?

krisy
03-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Wow Karl. Hearing all this its really hard to believe that people actually want the government(this government) to run our health care!!!

Everything they touch turns to mush. I told my mom yesterday that I think all they do(literally) is sit in their offices and think their hardest to come up with crap to waste tax dollars on.I said this to her after hearing that a Democrat councilwoman here in Cincy has decided she wants to spend MORE tax dollars putting up bilingual signs around the city so the Mexicans can read them too. This is after the city had a huge fight last year,almost laying off several Cincinnati police officers. Why don't the Mexicans take a free class and learn English?!!!!!

Sorry,government waste is just maddening at all levels!!!!