PDA

View Full Version : quit smoking...

PostmodernProphet
02-01-2010, 12:39 AM
so I mentioned electronic cigarettes before....bought one and it arrived last Monday....had to charge it up and started using it Tuesday.....had two cigarettes Tuesday, one Monday, none since....

this is the greatest thing ever invented......not only do I not miss tobacco, but I like the electronic cigarette even better than smoking.....I wish I had known about this long ago....

Binky
02-01-2010, 01:49 AM
so I mentioned electronic cigarettes before....bought one and it arrived last Monday....had to charge it up and started using it Tuesday.....had two cigarettes Tuesday, one Monday, none since....

this is the greatest thing ever invented......not only do I not miss tobacco, but I like the electronic cigarette even better than smoking.....I wish I had known about this long ago....

Now you can become addicted to holding it in your hand or hanging from your mouth.....:laugh2::laugh2: Wonder how long the battery lasts......?!? :laugh2:

Jeff
02-01-2010, 06:40 AM

PmP you say 2 cigarettes is that 2 cartridges ? Also please keep me informed on this , sounds like it might be what the doctor ordered :thumb:

PostmodernProphet
02-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Now you can become addicted to holding it in your hand or hanging from your mouth.....:laugh2::laugh2: Wonder how long the battery lasts......?!? :laugh2:

I go through three or four battery charges a day.....

PostmodernProphet
02-01-2010, 07:27 AM
PmP you say 2 cigarettes is that 2 cartridges ? Also please keep me informed on this , sounds like it might be what the doctor ordered :thumb:

no, when I said two cigarettes I meant I had two tobacco cigarettes and none since......
the electronic cigarette I bought has three parts, battery, atomizer, cartridge.....you fill the cartridge with eliquid which is basically nicotine suspended in alcohol with a flavoring added....

I press a button as I inhale and an electric charge vaporizes some of the eliquid....that vapor is what you inhale instead of smoke.....

every three or four times I "smoke" I add three or four drops of liquid to the cartridge....

for a week's worth of "smoking" I have used about $5 worth of eliquid, compared to about a pack of cigarettes a day I used to smoke.....

it feels like smoking, it actually tastes better than smoking.....

Jeff
02-01-2010, 07:32 AM
no, when I said two cigarettes I meant I had two tobacco cigarettes and none since......
the electronic cigarette I bought has three parts, battery, atomizer, cartridge.....you fill the cartridge with eliquid which is basically nicotine suspended in alcohol with a flavoring added....

I press a button as I inhale and an electric charge vaporizes some of the eliquid....that vapor is what you inhale instead of smoke.....

every three or four times I "smoke" I add three or four drops of liquid to the cartridge....

for a week's worth of "smoking" I have used about $5 worth of eliquid, compared to about a pack of cigarettes a day I used to smoke.....

That sounds fantastic, if ya get a chance please post what brand it is you are using, I just may have to give it a try, as I told you in a earlier post a buddy of mine tried it but went back to smoking, I am not craving the nicotine as bad as I am just having to quit the routine

Best of luck to you with it

PostmodernProphet
02-01-2010, 07:34 AM
there is no secondary smoke....people standing next to you smell nothing at all...

there is no smoke.....so no tar, no cancer causing chemicals....

it comes in any flavor you want.....Marlborough, Camel, Menthol.......chocolate, coffee, Coke, Red Bull......lemonaid, Mojito, Bananas Foster.....I've even seen one place offering Kung Pow Chicken flavored....

by the way, don't buy from those websites that offer a free trial....the ones they sell only use their non refillable cartridges, they will screw you on replacement costs...

tons of information here.... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

mine is a Joye 510.....got two with charger and some sample eliquid for $52 including shipping....

Jeff
02-01-2010, 07:40 AM
there is no secondary smoke....people standing next to you smell nothing at all...

there is no smoke.....so no tar, no cancer causing chemicals....

it comes in any flavor you want.....Marlborough, Camel, Menthol.......chocolate, coffee, Coke, Red Bull......lemonaid, Mojito, Bananas Foster.....I've even seen one place offering Kung Pow Chicken flavored....

by the way, don't buy from those websites that offer a free trial....the ones they sell only use their non refillable cartridges, they will screw you on replacement costs...

tons of information here.... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

mine is a Joye 510.....got two with charger and some sample eliquid for $52 including shipping....

Thank you for the info, I will be looking into it :thumb:

Gaffer
02-01-2010, 08:12 AM
I have wondered about those. Was most curious about the taste and total cost. Thanks for the info PMP, keep us informed.

Binky
02-01-2010, 09:42 AM

Ok, so it lasts 6-8 hours at a pop before having to recharge....Well, enjoy it and at least you won't smell like smoke.....

PostmodernProphet
02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Ok, so it lasts 6-8 hours at a pop before having to recharge....Well, enjoy it and at least you won't smell like smoke.....

no, because I sleep part of the day....more like 3-4 hours....

gabosaurus
02-02-2010, 01:52 PM
EXCELLENT!! You will be saving money, not polluting your neighbors and you won't smell like shit warmed over all the time! Stay with it!!

glockmail
02-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Wow that's awesome PMP. Smoking has such a shitty effect on the body. It effects so many things, not just the lungs: back, skin, bones, joints. Here's to your newer, longer life. :beer:

PostmodernProphet
02-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Sixteen days with no cigarettes, no regrets....new hobbies can be as addicting as smoking however....

since my original purchase (which I have "paid back" in cigarettes not purchased) I have bought a 510 USB passthrough which lets me "smoke" off the power of my computer, saving batteries ($9).....a half dozen different flavors of "ejuice" including cranberry, brandy, irish cream, amaretto, blackberry, etc.....($20)

now I just ordered a KS8088 style USB passthrough which uses a different type of atomizer ($20)....while a bit more expensive to use, it is reported to be easier and more flavorful than the 510....this is an experiment....

using the 510, I find that the equivalent of my pack a day habit uses about 5ml of ejuice a week.....I can buy top quality ejuice for around $1 per ml delivered.....

one thing you should understand if you are considering quiting smoking and switching to vaping....when they are talking about flavors of eliquid, it isn't like smoking a butter rum flavored cigarette.....there is no tobacco taste, its like sucking on a butter rum lifesaver candy....so basically you suck on a "cigarette"......you see the "smoke"....you feel the nicotine.....but you taste something a lot better.....

PostmodernProphet
02-24-2010, 11:28 AM
one month anniversary.......not a single cigarette for four weeks....

Abbey Marie
02-24-2010, 11:46 AM
one month anniversary.......not a single cigarette for four weeks....

:clap: :beer: :salute: :dance: :cheers2: :thumb:

Noir
02-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Well played :)

PostmodernProphet
03-25-2010, 03:25 PM
two months with no cigarettes.....Jeff, are you still using yours?....

Binky
03-25-2010, 06:06 PM

So you've gone from a smoking addiction to a charging it up addiction.....:lol::lame2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: :laugh2:

Just funnin' with ya.....It's all good. At least the world around you isn't smellin' ya.....LOLOLOLOL!

PostmodernProphet
03-25-2010, 07:00 PM
actually, after experimenting with different hardware I am now using a USB passthrough that uses cartomizers.....I have one at home, another at the office.....I only use the batteries for portability now and go through about one or two charges a day....

I've been exploring the world of wholesalers and imports with the possibility of opening a retail outlet for these here in town....have a hardware supplier picked out, working on an eliquid supplier now...

mixed up one batch of liquid I call Mystic Chai....very creamy and mellow.....another using cherry and menthol that is very tasty, think I will call that Cherry Frost.....

these things would be handy for weight loss as well as quitting smoking.....I can have blueberry crumble, pecan pie and praline ice cream before bed every night with zero calories......

Mr. P
03-25-2010, 07:10 PM
two months with no cigarettes.....Jeff, are you still using yours?....

Congratulation on that! :thumb: Are you finding you reach for it less?

Binky
03-25-2010, 08:55 PM
actually, after experimenting with different hardware I am now using a USB passthrough that uses cartomizers.....I have one at home, another at the office.....I only use the batteries for portability now and go through about one or two charges a day....

I've been exploring the world of wholesalers and imports with the possibility of opening a retail outlet for these here in town....have a hardware supplier picked out, working on an eliquid supplier now...

mixed up one batch of liquid I call Mystic Chai....very creamy and mellow.....another using cherry and menthol that is very tasty, think I will call that Cherry Frost.....

these things would be handy for weight loss as well as quitting smoking.....I can have blueberry crumble, pecan pie and praline ice cream before bed every night with zero calories......

:laugh2::laugh2: I see you have it all figured out....Good luck on getting your product out there.......Have fun......

PostmodernProphet
03-25-2010, 10:34 PM

no, enjoying the flavors too much.....but I have gone from 24mg of nicotine at the start to 12mg now, and I have added some 0 nic flavors to my menu.....

I will be selling eliquid without nicotine under the name Juus (pronounced Juice) and with nicotine as Njuus (noose).....(playing on the name of another nontobacco nicotine substitute....snus)........so far the menu includes Mystic Chai, Cherry Frost, Lake Effect Mint, and Jamaican Break......

PostmodernProphet
03-25-2010, 10:56 PM

no, enjoying the flavors too much.....but I have gone from 24mg of nicotine at the start to 12mg now, and I have added some 0 nic flavors to my menu.....

I will be selling eliquid without nicotine under the name Juus (pronounced Juice) and with nicotine as Njuus (noose).....(playing on the name of another nontobacco nicotine substitute....snus)........so far the menu includes Mystic Chai, Cherry Frost, Lake Effect Mint, and Jamaican Break......

PostmodernProphet
05-18-2010, 10:33 PM
update.....still haven't had a cigarette since January.....got my first shipment in from China last week, sold my first three kits....

PostmodernProphet
08-30-2010, 10:28 AM
7th month anniversary last weekend......longest I have ever gone without smoke since 1969......

PostmodernProphet
01-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Today is my 1st anniversary......one year since my last cigarette.....sitting here vaping on some lemonade/menthol flavored juice and loving it.....I have regained my sense of smell, my sense of taste and my lungs are clear again......

Mr. P
01-21-2011, 10:22 AM
:2up:

Abbey Marie
01-21-2011, 05:53 PM
:clap: