PDA

View Full Version : Vacation

Jeff
02-01-2010, 07:08 AM
I have a whole week off of work,:thumb: with pay, lol, first vacation I have taken in years

So know I am sitting in Maggie Valley NC cause the Mountain going into Gatlinburg was closed due to the snow storm, I don't really understand it cause ya have to cross a Mountain to get here as well, oooo well go figure, we will spend a couple days up here playing in the snow with my jeep then head back home to finish the week with a honey do list I am sure, by next weekend I will be happy to be pulling out again, NOT, :laugh2:

crin63
02-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Have a great time Jeff!

Mr. P
02-01-2010, 10:24 AM
I'll bet ya didn't take yer fishin pole...

Head for Cherokee just up the road. For $10/day (maybe more now) you can trout fish on their reservation. They stock 14" BROWNIES I hear. I'll bet you could rent a pole. The only drawback is..they want you to keep not release.

Jeff
02-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I'll bet ya didn't take yer fishin pole...

Head for Cherokee just up the road. For $10/day (maybe more now) you can trout fish on their reservation. They stock 14" BROWNIES I hear. I'll bet you could rent a pole. The only drawback is..they want you to keep not release.

Getting ready to head to Cherokee as we speak, but it is to damn cold to fish, lol, but yes Mr.P there is a spot on the way out of town towards Gatlinburg that advertises Big Trout, hell ya get up there in Gatlinburg and ya can see them in the river there, but this trip I am busy 4 wheelin and building fires, lol

Thank you Crin, we are sure going to try

Trigg
02-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Have Fun!!!!!!

We're taking the kids to Gatlinburg in June, can't wait.

Kathianne
02-01-2010, 04:37 PM
I have a whole week off of work,:thumb: with pay, lol, first vacation I have taken in years

So know I am sitting in Maggie Valley NC cause the Mountain going into Gatlinburg was closed due to the snow storm, I don't really understand it cause ya have to cross a Mountain to get here as well, oooo well go figure, we will spend a couple days up here playing in the snow with my jeep then head back home to finish the week with a honey do list I am sure, by next weekend I will be happy to be pulling out again, NOT, :laugh2:

Hope you all have a great time! I'll talk with you later in the week!

BoogyMan
02-01-2010, 06:43 PM

That sounds like a good time!

SassyLady
02-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Have a great time and keep your toes, fingers and ears covered!!!

chloe
02-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Jeff & Laura we want pics when you get back have fun sexy couple :cool:

Jeff
02-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Thank you all for the well wishes, Chloe I just bought a new camera a canon power shot sx120is , I love it, we have beautiful pics of the Mountains up here, it has a 10x zoom on it that works great, when I get home I will post some of them

Trigg Gatlinburg is beautiful, the wife and I got married up there, we had a preacher come to our cabin on top of the mountain and he married us on the balcony over looking the mountains, if you don't have a idea where to stay yet let me know, I will send you the link to the company we go threw all the time, the cabins all have kitchens well hell they are all beautiful, some even have pools for the kids, I would post it now but the wife is still sleeping and well I am a idiot :laugh2: I can't remember the name of the company

Abbey Marie
02-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Thank you all for the well wishes, Chloe I just bought a new camera a canon power shot sx120is , I love it, we have beautiful pics of the Mountains up here, it has a 10x zoom on it that works great, when I get home I will post some of them

Trigg Gatlinburg is beautiful, the wife and I got married up there, we had a preacher come to our cabin on top of the mountain and he married us on the balcony over looking the mountains, if you don't have a idea where to stay yet let me know, I will send you the link to the company we go threw all the time, the cabins all have kitchens well hell they are all beautiful, some even have pools for the kids, I would post it now but the wife is still sleeping and well I am a idiot :laugh2: I can't remember the name of the company

Your wedding sounds dreamy, Jeff!

glockmail
02-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Ain't the Southern Appalachians great?

By the way for you Yankees when you cross the Mason-Dixon line the pronunciation changes to "App-ah-latch-ins".