PDA

View Full Version : Can KSM Get a Fair Trial?

red states rule
02-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Looks to like the Obama administration is trying to make sure KSM will walk when he goes on trial

Here is what WH Press Sec Gibbs said yeaterday

Where he gets tried is still up for debate, but the White House thinks it knows what will happen when alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is convicted.

"Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is going to meet justice and he’s going to meet his maker," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told John King on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday morning.

"He's likely to be executed for the heinous crimes he committed," he added.

The strong words have come on the heels of swirling debate as to where exactly the trial for Khalid and the four other suspected 9/11 plotters will be conducted.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/01/31/2010-01-31_khalid_sheikh_mohammed_likely_to_be_executed_sa ys_white_house_spokesman_robert_g.html#ixzz0eIXChs lI

and Pres Obama said this awhile back

During a round of network television interviews conducted during Obama’s visit to China, the president was asked about those who find it offensive that Mohammed will receive all the rights normally accorded to U.S. citizens when they are charged with a crime.

“I don't think it will be offensive at all when he's convicted and when the death penalty is applied to him,” Obama told NBC’s Chuck Todd.

When Todd asked Obama if he was interfering in the trial process by declaring that Mohammed will be executed, Obama, a former constitutional law professor, insisted that he wasn’t trying to dictate the result.

“What I said was, people will not be offended if that's the outcome. I'm not pre-judging, I'm not going to be in that courtroom, that's the job of prosecutors, the judge and the jury,” Obama said. “What I'm absolutely clear about is that I have complete confidence in the American people and our legal traditions and the prosecutors, the tough prosecutors from New York who specialize in terrorism.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1109/29661.html

The defense lawyers must be looking forward to using these statements to push for a mistrail

I thought the left were doing trying the terrorists in Federal Court to ensure a fair trial for the terrorists

crin63
02-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Can KSM get a fair trial?

Sure! Try him, shoot him with bullets dipped in pigs blood/fat and bury him in a pile of swine. I think that's fair! :coffee:

red states rule
02-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Sure! Try him, shoot him with bullets dipped in pigs blood/fat and bury him in a pile of swine. I think that's fair! :coffee:

I agree, but this administration is doing all it can to undermine the jury pool

AG Eric Holder told Congress, in public hearings, that if KSM is found not guilty we will still keep him in detention.

So why bother with a trial?

crin63
02-01-2010, 11:03 AM
With Obama and his administration running around saying that they think he will be "convicted". How can they find a jury that has not been prejudiced against KSM.

It makes me think they want him to get turned over to another country for trial.

HogTrash
02-01-2010, 11:29 AM
It would be interesting to see how long it took someone to die by water-boarding them untill sheer terror stopped their heart.

What could possibly be a more fitting end for a terrorist? :dunno:

82Marine89
02-01-2010, 01:27 PM
I say hold the trial in Washington D.C. because they already have lots of security and there are plenty of scheister lawyers to defend him.

crin63
02-01-2010, 02:15 PM
This guy cannot get a fair trial in the US with Obama and Gibbs out saying he will be found guilty, executed and meet his maker. He has too either walk because of this or sent to another country for trial.

DragonStryk72
02-01-2010, 02:21 PM

nah, too good for him. No, I don't think we should kill him at all, I mean, how do you punish a man who believes that when he dies, he'll go to heaven and get 72 virgins, with death? Nope, the worst we could do to the terrorists is set up a special prison off in the middle of nowhere, no cameras, no outside communications, no letters, no nothing. We will not report to the press on their status, and we will simply not inform any of their eventual deaths, by old age or whatever else.

Killing will only make him a martyr, and I just can't see the reason to give him that victory.

red states rule
02-01-2010, 11:39 PM
The total cost to build GITMO was $275 million - why spend $200 million more of taxpayer for security?

And Obama is supposed to be a law Professor? Everytime he opens his mouth he shows how inexperienced he is, and in over his head this man child President is

Little-Acorn
02-02-2010, 12:37 AM

Did the people in the World Trade Center get a fair trial?

KSM thinks they did, that was good enough for him, to justify killing 3,000 of them.

What's sauce for the goose......

red states rule
02-02-2010, 06:21 AM

Did the people in the World Trade Center get a fair trial?

KSM thinks they did, that was good enough for him, to justify killing 3,000 of them.

What's sauce for the goose......

I am waiting for Obama, Gibbs, or Holder to utter that a jury of KSM's peers would be other AQ terrorists so the trial has to moved to Yemen

Jeff
02-02-2010, 06:38 AM
I am waiting for Obama, Gibbs, or Holder to utter that a jury of KSM's peers would be other AQ terrorists so the trial has to moved to Yemen

Don't give osama no idea's, he might be reading your post :laugh2: its apparent he isn't to bright so I am sure he is looking anywhere he can for ideas , so keep them positive :laugh2:

I have to agree with Little-Acorn he didn't worry about giving no one else a fair trial, and as far as his 72 virgins, when push comes to shove and he knows it is time to go he will shit all over himself, so don't give him a trial just tell him that he will die with in the next year and then once a week come get him from his cell blind fold him get him all ready then tell him naaa not today, that is not a fitting punishment for this guy but it is a bit worse , after he is dead ya could just send body parts all over Yemen, a head here a leg there, so these bastards will get the idea

red states rule
02-02-2010, 06:42 AM
Don't give osama no idea's, he might be reading your post :laugh2: its apparent he isn't to bright so I am sure he is looking anywhere he can for ideas , so keep them positive :laugh2:

I have to agree with Little-Acorn he didn't worry about giving no one else a fair trial, and as far as his 72 virgins, when push comes to shove and he knows it is time to go he will shit all over himself, so don't give him a trial just tell him that he will die with in the next year and then once a week come get him from his cell blind fold him get him all ready then tell him naaa not today, that is not a fitting punishment for this guy but it is a bit worse , after he is dead ya could just send body parts all over Yemen, a head here a leg there, so these bastards will get the idea

This is known as trial by teleprompter

The inmates are running the asylum in Washington DC

Jeff
02-02-2010, 06:49 AM
This is known as trial by teleprompter

The inmates are running the asylum in Washington DC

Wow think about how true that post is, sad isn't it :eek:

red states rule
02-02-2010, 06:51 AM
Wow think about how true that post is, sad isn't it :eek:

I call it as I see it

Of course you know damn well how this administration treats membrs of the military accused of roughing up terrorists, or violating the Rules of Engagement

Seems they do not care about their rights - and they are US citizens

Jeff
02-02-2010, 07:00 AM
I call it as I see it

Of course you know damn well how this administration treats membrs of the military accused of roughing up terrorists, or violating the Rules of Engagement

Seems they do not care about their rights - and they are US citizens

How true, I was excited about November to send these asses a messag but it is apparent after Osama's state of the union address there will be no messages sent, he will try to do as much damage as possible in 4 years and walk away, he is in that office for 1 reason to destroy to destroy as much as he possible can before the American people wise up, and by the looks of the board alone the people that supported him have a blind eye to all his corruption and back room deals :eek: Thank God those silly Libs are shrinking in size

red states rule
02-02-2010, 07:05 AM
How true, I was excited about November to send these asses a messag but it is apparent after Osama's state of the union address there will be no messages sent, he will try to do as much damage as possible in 4 years and walk away, he is in that office for 1 reason to destroy to destroy as much as he possible can before the American people wise up, and by the looks of the board alone the people that supported him have a blind eye to all his corruption and back room deals :eek: Thank God those silly Libs are shrinking in size

Jeff, the one thing in our favor is The US Constitution trumps both Obama and the Democrats

Obama and the Dems are not the smartest people in the room

They are power hungry politicans who will have to face the voters, and the voters will let them know how they feel about their irresponsibility