PDA

View Full Version : Obama unveils 2011 budget with $3.83T in spending

82Marine89
02-01-2010, 01:36 PM
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama unveiled a multitrillion-dollar spending plan Monday, pledging an intensified effort to combat high unemployment and asking Congress to quickly approve new job-creation efforts that would boost the deficit to a record-breaking $1.56 trillion.

Obama's new budget blueprint preaches the need to make tough choices to restrain run-away deficits, but not before attacking what the administration sees as the more immediate challenge of lifting the country out of a deep recession that has cost 7.2 million jobs over the past two years.

The result is a budget plan that would give the country trillion-dollar-plus deficits for three consecutive years. Obama's new budget projects a spending increase of 5.7 percent for the current budget year and forecasts that spending would rise another 3 percent in 2011 to $3.83 trillion.

"Until America is back at work, my administration will not rest and this recovery will not be finished," Obama declared in his budget message.

Follow the Benjamins here... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_budget)

KarlMarx
02-02-2010, 06:13 AM
Public sector spending does not create jobs (unless, of course, you count public sector jobs as job creation). The only way to promote job growth is to give the private sector a reason to create jobs. Right now, banks aren't lending money yet are sitting on over a trillion dollars in reserves. Something has to change that. I don't mean by coercing them, either.

Monkeybone
02-02-2010, 07:14 AM
well apparently he is including the income from Cap and Trade in it. So when you looke at it that way, it really evens out. I mean... even though we don't have C&T yet....