PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Premier To Have Heart Surgery In The US

red states rule
02-03-2010, 06:25 AM
I thought socialized medicine was the way to go to get the best care possible. Or is socialized medicine - i.e Obamacare, only for the peasents and not for the politicians?

Newfoundland and Labrador Premier Danny Williams is set to undergo heart surgery this week in the United States.

CBC News confirmed Monday that Williams, 60, left the province earlier in the day and will have surgery later in the week.

The premier's office provided few details, beyond confirming that he would have heart surgery and saying that it was not necessarily a routine procedure.

Deputy Premier Kathy Dunderdale is scheduled to hold a news conference Tuesday morning.

She's expected to provide more details about Williams's condition, as well as how the provincial government will function during his absence.

CBC reporter David Cochrane said Williams appeared to be in good health recently. He described the premier as "fairly active," playing pick-up hockey at least once a week when work permits.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/02/01/nl-williams-heart-201.html#ixzz0eTGiobYs

Insein
02-03-2010, 09:40 AM
The funny thing is, I'm sure they can't see the hypocracy.

red states rule
02-03-2010, 09:43 AM
The funny thing is, I'm sure they can't see the hypocracy.

What hypocracy? :laugh2:

You really do not expect the government officials who dictate government run healthcare for the citizens will actually get THEIR treatment at government run medical facilities do you?

HogTrash
02-03-2010, 11:27 AM
It would be interesting to know if the good people of Canada are financing this proceedure or if Premier Danny Williams is paying out of pocket?

red states rule
02-04-2010, 07:00 AM
It would be interesting to know if the good people of Canada are financing this proceedure or if Premier Danny Williams is paying out of pocket?

I am shocked he did not fly to Cuba for treatment. After all, Michael Moore made a movie about how great the healthcare system is thanks to Castro

Silver
02-04-2010, 10:47 AM
What hypocracy? :laugh2:

You really do not expect the government officials who dictate government run healthcare for the citizens will actually get THEIR treatment at government run medical facilities do you?

I don't know whats with Insein....pretty soon he'll be wanting US Senators and Reps. to use the same healthcare system they are pushing down our throats...
silly guy....

HogTrash
02-04-2010, 10:54 AM
I don't know whats with Insein....pretty soon he'll be wanting US Senators and Reps. to use the same healthcare system they are pushing down our throats...
silly guy....Yea, that's gonna happen right after they vote themselves a pay cut.