PDA

View Full Version : Help with posting pictures

SassyLady
02-03-2010, 11:49 PM
How do I put a picture in my post. I find them on the internet or they are emailed or some I've taken and they are on my computer.....but how do I get them from their source and insert them in the post.

I tried copying them and then when I get back over here and right click there is nothing to paste.

And when I click on the insert image button above it creates a popup blocker by saying "this website is using a scripted window to ask you for information. If you trust this website, click here to allow scripted windows."

And then when I do the temporary allow for the popup window I lose everything I just typed in.

:slap:

So, can anyone give me some tips or step-by-step instructions? Thanks!

Noir
02-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Find the image you want, be sure it's not a thumbnail but the full image, right click on it, one of the options will read like 'copy image address' or 'copy image location' click that. Then go into your DP page and enter [*img*]*paste image link here*[*/img*] without any of the *'s that should put your image in the post.

If you want to add photos from an email then you will have to upload them to your own storage, like Photobucket ect. You can also attach images to posts direct from your computer but I never use that and so am not sure about it.

SassyLady
02-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Find the image you want, be sure it's not a thumbnail but the full image, right click on it, one of the options will read like 'copy image address' or 'copy image location' click that. Then go into your DP page and enter [*img*]*paste image link here*[*/img*] without any of the *'s that should put your image in the post.

If you want to add photos from an email then you will have to upload them to your own storage, like Photobucket ect. You can also attach images to posts direct from your computer but I never use that and so am not sure about it.

I can go to the photo, right click and only "copy" come up.....so I copy and then come here and right click and all I get is Undo, Delete and Select All. Nothing comes over.

82Marine89
02-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Sounds like you need a PhotoBucket account to post from.

Noir
02-04-2010, 03:38 AM
I can go to the photo, right click and only "copy" come up.....so I copy and then come here and right click and all I get is Undo, Delete and Select All. Nothing comes over.

Is this picture on the internet, an email or to your computer?
1-If it is on the internet and there is no 'copy image location/address' then you need to right click on the image and go to the bottom option which will be 'properties' that should then bring up another small window with all of that images properties, and down the righthand column there will be the images direct link (i don't know what it will be called as i haven't used a windows computer in a long time, but it will start with 'http://' once you have copied that then insert it into the [*img*]*paste image link here*[*/img*] code and it will be viewable

2- If the image is saved to your computer then you will have to set up your own photobucket account at www.photobucket.com - Its easy to set up and allows you to upload your photos securely to a free image host. Once uploaded photobucket will automatically generate the link to publish the image, just copy and paste the 'IMG code' link into a DP page and you're good to go.

3- If the image is saved in an email then you must either save it to your computer and go through the 2nd option, or you can email the photo to photobucket and it will add automatically, just forward the image by itself to the email address that Photobucket will supply you with, once uploaded continue with step two

SassyLady
02-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Is this picture on the internet, an email or to your computer?
1-If it is on the internet and there is no 'copy image location/address' then you need to right click on the image and go to the bottom option which will be 'properties' that should then bring up another small window with all of that images properties, and down the righthand column there will be the images direct link (i don't know what it will be called as i haven't used a windows computer in a long time, but it will start with 'http://' once you have copied that then insert it into the [*img*]*paste image link here*[*/img*] code and it will be viewable

2- If the image is saved to your computer then you will have to set up your own photobucket account at www.photobucket.com - Its easy to set up and allows you to upload your photos securely to a free image host. Once uploaded photobucket will automatically generate the link to publish the image, just copy and paste the 'IMG code' link into a DP page and you're good to go.

3- If the image is saved in an email then you must either save it to your computer and go through the 2nd option, or you can email the photo to photobucket and it will add automatically, just forward the image by itself to the email address that Photobucket will supply you with, once uploaded continue with step two

Noir - you are the best. I think you've become my new best friend.

I used the first option....and it worked just like it was supposed to. I still have the annoying problem with the popup .... so I just have to remember to post my pics first and then type my copy.

I was able to post a picture in the thread about Hogtrash's hero! Go look .... that little girl reminds me of my granddaughter, but with brunette hair.

I'll look into the photobucket .... think I've used it before but can't remember.

Noir
02-04-2010, 05:50 AM
You're welcomes ^_^

and you don't have to click the image button that's giving you the pop-up problem, you can just type [*img][*/img] without the *'s and put the image address in the middle and no pop-up is needed.

SassyLady
02-04-2010, 06:09 AM
You're welcomes ^_^

and you don't have to click the image button that's giving you the pop-up problem, you can just type [*img][*/img] without the *'s and put the image address in the middle and no pop-up is needed.

Thank you!!! :beer: