PDA

View Full Version : Bankrupt Air America’s Creditors Include Rachel Maddow, Ron Reagan

red states rule
02-04-2010, 08:49 AM
This is classic. A liberal company, run by liberals, for liberals, stiffs their employees out of their pay

When Air America Media, the liberal radio network, went bust last month, it left several of its better-known contributors, including Rachel Maddow and Ron Reagan, holding i.o.u.’s.

According to the company’s bankruptcy filing, its unsecured debts exceeded its net worth by more than $15 million at the end. Almost all of that is owed to Pendulum Media, the company run by Air America’s chairman, Charlie Kireker.

But when the lefty chatter stopped, some of the talkers had not been paid for the last of the airtime they filled. Ms. Maddow was due $3,952 for her services, which appeared to be about two-thirds of her monthly pay of $5,833. Mr. Reagan’s company was owed $6,351, two-thirds of his monthly pay of $9,375.

Ellis Henican managed to extract a payment of $750 after the network shut down on Jan. 21, but was due an additional $1,500, according to documents filed in federal court in Manhattan.

Ana Marie Cox apparently did not file her last expense report soon enough. She was not reimbursed for the last $1,169 she had claimed. But the boss, Mr. Kireker, was owed even more: he was awaiting an expense check of $2,317.

The least likely member of the Air America creditors club may be the New York Fire Department, which was owed $1,050 for reasons that were not divulged.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/03/bankrupt-air-americas-creditors-include-rachel-maddow-ron-reagan/

HogTrash
02-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Have you ever met an honest, decent, moral liberal?

They're an extremely rare species, possibly even extinct.

red states rule
02-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Have you ever met an honest, decent, moral liberal?

They're an extremely rare species, possibly even extinct.

They are rare, but BSR fits the bill

He is a far left nut when it comes to his politics, but he is the guy you would trust to hold the cash for the weekly football pool

glockmail
02-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of folks. :lol:

red states rule
02-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of folks. :lol:

and not a word from the NY Times, Washington Post, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC and CNN, about a corporation tossing their employees out into the streets without the pay they earned

I wonder how the CEO of Air America made out?

HogTrash
02-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of folks. :lol::lol: I agree. :laugh2:

and not a word from the NY Times, Washington Post, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC and CNN, about a corporation tossing their employees out into the streets without the pay they earned

I wonder how the CEO of Air America made out?Like a bandit, which is much better than the pee-ons on unemployment?

glockmail
02-04-2010, 12:08 PM

I wonder how the CEO of Air America made out?

I'm sure he made out with a nice package. :lol: