PDA

View Full Version : DGA sounds Tea Party alarm

stephanie
02-04-2010, 06:48 PM
:eek:

By DAVID CATANESE | 2/3/10 3:57 PM EST Text Size- + reset
On the eve of the first National Tea Party Convention, the Democratic Governors Association blasted a dire fundraising e-mail to supporters, warning that the loosely organized movement has become a “truly dangerous” political force.

“These guys aren’t going away. They’ve proven they can raise millions in a matter of hours and they’re skewing elections across the nation,” wrote Colleen Turrentine, the DGA's finance director.

“Can you imagine the havoc they would wreak if they took office en masse?” Turrentine continued. “If they had their way, how many states would even stay in the U.S.?”

The National Tea Party Convention kicks off Thursday afternoon in Nashville, Tenn., and concludes Saturday with a keynote speech by former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin.

The electoral impact of Tea Party groups, however, remains an open question. While sections of the Tea Party movement have claimed credit for Sen.-elect Scott Brown’s surprise win in Massachusetts two weeks ago, it appeared to have only a limited impact on the Tuesday primaries in Illinois.

Conservative U.S senate candidate Patrick Hughes and gubernatorial candidate Adam Andrzejewski both touted Tea Party backing, but fizzled at the polls. Hughes managed only 17 percent against Rep. Mark Kirk in the Senate race and Andrzejewski finished fifth in a five-way primary for governor.

Turrentine also cited GOP wins in the New Jersey and Virginia gubernatorial elections in her pitch to DGA backers.

“These angry, extremist Teabaggers will go to any length to crush every inch of President Obama’s agenda,” she wrote in her email.

the rest and comments
Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/32485.html#ixzz0ec88wBfb

Gaffer
02-04-2010, 07:02 PM
An angry extremist is anyone that disagrees with their agenda. I'm an angry extremist.

stephanie
02-04-2010, 07:12 PM
An angry extremist is anyone that disagrees with their agenda. I'm an angry extremist.

I'm an truly dangerous angry extremist .:salute:

HogTrash
02-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by stephanie
“These angry, extremist Teabaggers will go to any length to crush every inch of President Obama’s agenda,” she wrote in her email.
Damn right! :salute: And I am going to remain an angry extremist untill every corrupt politician is on the run. :fu:

The Tea Party Rocks! :rock:

SassyLady
02-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Right now I'm willing to take a chance on a 3rd party gaining control ..... couldn't screw it up any worse than the Dems/Repubs have.

More importantly is that the silent majority is starting to speak up and be heard and if the Tea Party organization is the megaphone, then bless them.

HogTrash
02-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Right now I'm willing to take a chance on a 3rd party gaining control ..... couldn't screw it up any worse than the Dems/Repubs have.

More importantly is that the silent majority is starting to speak up and be heard and if the Tea Party organization is the megaphone, then bless them.If a republican can win a Senate seat in Massachussetts, a third party candidate can win the presidency.

SassyLady
02-04-2010, 07:58 PM
If a republican can win a Senate seat in Massachussetts, a third party candidate can win the presidency.

:cheers2::dance::laugh2:

KarlMarx
02-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Let's boil this down to its essential truths shall we? In short, Obama is in over his head. He hasn't a clue of what the hell he's doing.

The economy? No, he didn't create the mess we're in. Although, he helped to bring it about by being part of the Democrat resistance to reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. However, his stimulus, his stealth taxes, his regulations are helping to make a bad situation worse.

Barak Obama spends money like a drunken sailor and that's an insult to drunken sailors the world over. In one year, this genius, this puffed up ass has jacked up the federal debt to 80% of GDP. Only an insane man or a Democrat would not be worried about that. Three more years of this flagrant malfeasance and we'll all be selling pencils on the street corner.

By his own administration's admission, unemployment will remain high for the rest of this decade....

Where exactly does the "HOPE AND CHANGE" fit into this nightmare?

The only HOPE there is left is that we CHANGE Presidents and Congress pronto before we are left with nothing but the clothes on our back.

The only thing HISTORIC about this obscenity we call "President" Obama is that he will be the one who bankrupts the country.

Foreign policy? He flunked big time at Copenhagen. He bows to emperors, kings, mayors and probably bus boys. He and the Congress cut missile defense and defense in general. The Iranians are just about spitting in his eye. The Chinese are leading him around like a jackass on a rope (well, you have to give the Chinese credit, they see him for what he is).

Thanks to him, Moody's is warning that American bonds may lose their AAA rating. This comes at a time when a quarter of the federal budget is spent just on paying interest on the debt.

But none of this matters to Barak O'Bankruptcy because he believes his own campaign rhetoric. He believes he's the chosen one. He can't fail because, gosh darn it, he's Super Obama the Boy Blunder!

If ever there were a moronic imbecile with an ego the size of an elephant who could screw up a one car funeral it's Barak O F'ing Bama. He's not a president, he's an accident waiting to happen. The man doesn't even realize that his followers are jumping ship because they see what coming.

Mark my words, we are going to have another 9/11 in the next few years and when it happens Obama won't have a clue as to what to do next. He will have hamstrung our defense, he will have enabled the terrorists. The man is a flaming idiot.

Anyone who votes for Barak O Blather in 2012 is one of two things... black or a complete freaking moron. And I mean a moron on the level of "bought the Brooklyn Bridge". And for the blacks who vote for him... I have to ask... why oh why did we fight a war to give you jokers the right to vote?