PDA

View Full Version : The president is no team player

red states rule
02-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Obama is not a team player - just a whiner who refuses to accept responsibility for his actions and policies

After losing a close game, the coach put his arm around the young rookie quarterback who came off the bench to try to spark a comeback for his team. In an unsettling retort to his coach's encouragement, Tom Brady said, "I gave it my best shot coach, but remember, I inherited that situation."
A young relief pitcher was called in with the game tied in the bottom of the 9th inning with a runner on third and no outs. As he takes the ball from the manager, Mariano Rivera looks into the manager's eyes and says, "I'll give it my best coach, but remember, I inherited this situation."

These two scenarios seem unimaginable in the world of sports. In fact, if they had really happened, you may not have expected these two players would have ever become superstars.

Any player with that attitude would be toxic to a team. And that kind of attitude would not be tolerated for an instant from any coach, teammate, or fan for that matter. Their selfishness and egotism would always upset the balance and continuity of team play, making it very difficult to win. As a detriment to the team, they would be eliminated as soon as possible. (Contracts not withstanding)

However, there have been instances of players like this. Take Terrell Owens for example. He never took responsibility for a loss and always made sure any blame landed on someone else. He was shuffled from team to team and always with the same result - he didn't last. Owens has great talent, but because he's not a team player, he'll always exit early.

I preface my political point with all of this because it is painfully relevant to our situation in America today. After playing for a full year and no longer considered a rookie, it seems obvious that America has recruited a President who continues to exhibit these same toxic characteristics.

For years Barack Obama wanted to play on the team. No, he begged to play on the team. He asked over and over to be put in the game. He was adamant and confident that only he could win. He even promised the team and fans that he would win. Yes, Barack Obama made it abundantly clear to the whole world that he was the one the team had been waiting for and he wanted the ball - in a big way!

So with great hope and anticipation for a game changer, America gave the ball to Barack Obama late in the fourth quarter when things weren't looking so good.

The rookie took the ball and began to swell with pride as he reminded team America in the face of this great adversity -- they could count on him -- but he also made it very clear to the team that he inherited this whole situation.

With three years left on Obama's contract, how is America's franchise player working out for the team now?

for the complete article

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/02/the_president_is_no_team_playe.html

stephanie
02-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Obama as President is way over his head. He has no bend in him, it's his way or NO way, he seems very cold, uninterested, and believes his own "visions" is THE ONE, just like he believes himself to be, THE ONE.

I could barley tolerate the Carter, I could tolerate the hound dog Clinton, but I find myself having a very hard time stomaching this man. He gives me the hibbie jibbies.

SassyLady
02-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Obama as President is way over his head. He has no bend in him, it's his way or NO way, he seems very cold, uninterested, and believes his own "visions" is THE ONE, just like he believes himself to be, THE ONE.

I could barley tolerate the Carter, I could tolerate the hound dog Clinton, but I find myself having a very hard time stomaching this man. He gives me the hibbie jibbies.

Talk about not knowing how to play on a team.......how about at least knowing the position of the people on the team:

Last night on Hannity they showed Obama called a Navy Corpsman a Navy "corpse-man". Oh they are nailing him on this one. He said it three times incorrectly.........they were saying that he spent too much time working on being a community organizer and no time studying to be a Commander in Chief.

stephanie
02-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Talk about not knowing how to play on a team.......how about at least knowing the position of the people on the team:

Last night on Hannity they showed Obama called a Navy Corpsman a Navy "corpse-man". Oh they are nailing him on this one. He said it three times incorrectly.........they were saying that he spent too much time working on being a community organizer and no time studying to be a Commander in Chief.

truly amazing to hear it. once could be called a gaffe, but THREE times.

red states rule
02-05-2010, 03:10 PM
truly amazing to hear it. once could be called a gaffe, but THREE times.

How could we expect him to know the word? It is a military term. Why would Obama know ANYTHING regarding the US military?

That goes for most most liberals