PDA

View Full Version : Enough!

jimnyc
04-22-2007, 05:40 AM
Truces, deals, neg repping, board bias, vulgarity...

The latest round of debating (gripes) is getting out of hand. Let's get back to basics, debating, hating or whatever it is we do.

I'm tired of the "bushbot" and "liberals suck" tones. Let it go! I'm not going to sit back while good members and friends have a desire to leave the board because of detrimental posts/threads on the board. If you are here, liberal or conservative, and your only desire is to get a rise out of people, you won't be here long. If you would like to chat, discuss or debate issues - then have at it and enjoy yourself. Should anyone continue in an antagonistic manner, purposely to rile the board, temporary bans will be handed out.

This isn't a "fight" board. We come here to discuss and debate. I'm all for airing it out, but not as the only lively topics and the debating is suffering as a result.

I look away at the sometimes rudeness, name calling and outbursts, only because I expect that to be few and far between. When it starts becoming the norm, then we have to take back control from the board and sort things out.

No moderator actions have been taken but by me. I'm tired of the complaining about the board and it's moderators when we haven't done a damn thing to censor anyone. Feel free to not like another member, or a whole bunch, but that doesn't make this a bad board, nor does it make the moderation bad simply because the mods have a different POV. Let's face it, if this place didn't offer a fair amount of freedom, and the controversy & debating that is allowed, none of you would remain here. So please stop insulting me by making public, unfounded complaints.

Carry on, and let's get back to basics...