PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Recall

crin63
02-07-2010, 11:12 AM
The way that Toyota is addressing the, "Sudden Acceleration" problem is by raising accelerator pedals up off the floor. Toyota appears to still be claiming that the pedal is getting stuck which does not appear to be the problem.

I met a guy Thursday that has the same truck as I do (I was buying the dual exhaust from his truck since he was turning the truck back in) and he had the, Sudden Acceleration" happen to him. He said he was just driving down the street at about 35mph and the truck just took off. He said the pedal dropped to the floor under his foot and the truck just took off like he had floored it. He stomped on the accelerator pedal and brakes but neither of those helped so he put it in neutral, coasted to the curb and stopped. After he shut the engine off and restarted the truck it was fine. Keep in mind that Toyota Tundra's are American made trucks. They are made in Texas and Indiana so they are just as American made as Ford, GM and Dodge at this point.

People are afraid to drive their vehicles now. Guys aren't going to let their wives drive the family car. Wives are refusing to drive the cars. Toyota isn't actually fixing the problem, they are just buying time and looking busy.

I have a truck that I cant let anyone drive. I have to keep my hand on the gear shifter just in case it tries to lunge forward or take off. I cant use it for all the things I normally use it for (which is hauling kids from church and school around) now that there is a known problem.

People want to turn in their vehicles and get their money back.

What recourse do individual Toyota owners have?

Mr. P
02-07-2010, 12:21 PM
The way that Toyota is addressing the, "Sudden Acceleration" problem is by raising accelerator pedals up off the floor. Toyota appears to still be claiming that the pedal is getting stuck which does not appear to be the problem.

I met a guy Thursday that has the same truck as I do (I was buying the dual exhaust from his truck since he was turning the truck back in) and he had the, Sudden Acceleration" happen to him. He said he was just driving down the street at about 35mph and the truck just took off. He said the pedal dropped to the floor under his foot and the truck just took off like he had floored it. He stomped on the accelerator pedal and brakes but neither of those helped so he put it in neutral, coasted to the curb and stopped. After he shut the engine off and restarted the truck it was fine. Keep in mind that Toyota Tundra's are American made trucks. They are made in Texas and Indiana so they are just as American made as Ford, GM and Dodge at this point.

People are afraid to drive their vehicles now. Guys aren't going to let their wives drive the family car. Wives are refusing to drive the cars. Toyota isn't actually fixing the problem, they are just buying time and looking busy.

I have a truck that I cant let anyone drive. I have to keep my hand on the gear shifter just in case it tries to lunge forward or take off. I cant use it for all the things I normally use it for (which is hauling kids from church and school around) now that there is a known problem.

People want to turn in their vehicles and get their money back.

What recourse do individual Toyota owners have?

Go get it fixed..they are doing that ya know?

http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/toyota/toyota-consumer-safety-advisory-102572.aspx