PDA

View Full Version : I don't know where else to put this, but..

shattered
04-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Re: my post as follows: <i> I came back just to say goodbye to you.. You're not long for this place.. Just remember, everything you dish out in life comes back to you two-fold.. You want to pull someones mother into this shit, it'll be a day of rejoicing when yours...(edited for content)</i>

Loose - I'm going to apologize to you for my post to you after you insulted Manu's mother. I should never have stooped to that same level, it's not something I do normally, and I should have exercised more control over what I posted. Insulting someone's family member to further an argument or "debate" is silly and childish, and it's also getting into the realm of unknown. That person isn't here to defend themselves, nor are they even a part of the argument, so why bring them into it? The whole reason I attacked you and yours is because Manu is actually considered a friend. It was still wrong on my part, tho.

I've never used the ignore feature on any board, but I think from this point forward, it's probably a good idea, since you seem to be able to get a rise out of me like no other. I'm going to *ask* that you do the same.

Again, I'm sorry for my post in that mess.

LiberalNation
04-22-2007, 11:08 AM
He didn't get banned either/yet tho ya'll were all so sure. Told it again.

jimnyc
04-22-2007, 11:34 AM
He didn't get banned either/yet tho ya'll were all so sure. Told it again.

And he won't, so long as he wants to stay here and contribute like everyone else. And LN, please don't keep distorting the rules and moderation here. You know I've been extremely fair, nobody has had action taken against them unfairly, and moderation will only be done when the offense is detrimental to the continuation of the board. Lily and yourself keep making overtones about Darin, the rules, how they are handled between libs/cons - which is the same. Hell, no action at all has been taken in quite awhile other than me locking some threads that were useless. It's almost as if some want to complain about something that just isn't there, and then if someone does get banned they can yell "I told you so".

Let's all move on, we're all at peace now, no bans, and lets just get back to good old fashioned trash talking the way it was meant to be.

LiberalNation
04-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Sure.

Lily and yourself keep making overtones about Darin, the rules, how they are handled between libs/cons - which is the same.
In your eyes anyway. I don't know if it's the same, may be, may not. Mine weren't overtones really though, just flat out saying what I felt at the time.

And LN, please don't keep distorting the rules and moderation here.
What am I distorting, just making a few comments on how things seem to me. Everyone gets to have their own opinion. Think it's strange anything goes here tho unless it involves a mod, moderation, or board policy. Seems ya'll are a bit touchy on the subject, if not why all the defensiveness.

loosecannon
04-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Loose - I'm going to apologize
Again, I'm sorry for my post in that mess.

Well I accept your sincere apology. Thanks for that and I would also say that I did not intend to actually attack manu's mother.

I don't know manu's mother. He said something, I said something, that's all it was intended to be.

I did get a heads up from 5string about the rules or policies pertaining to not slandering folks who aren't on the board and altho the rule is simple and i will comply, it doesn't make much sense to me.

I am more used to boards where folks not on the boards are all fair game but other posters aren't.

Anyway maybe you and i can just start over, maybe not today, but soon.

I have nothing against you Shattered. I just have a personality defect that prevents me from backing down.

I will make an effort to forget the little bad blood that was building between us and take a fresh tack.

Thanks again.

OCA
04-22-2007, 12:10 PM
And he won't, so long as he wants to stay here and contribute like everyone else.

So can I talk shit about people's mothers also? Is that cool Jimmy?

OCA
04-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Well I accept your sincere apology. Thanks for that and I would also say that I did not intend to actually attack manu's mother.

I don't know manu's mother. He said something, I said something, that's all it was intended to be.

I did get a heads up from 5string about the rules or policies pertaining to not slandering folks who aren't on the board and altho the rule is simple and i will comply, it doesn't make much sense to me.

I am more used to boards where folks not on the boards are all fair game but other posters aren't.

Anyway maybe you and i can just start over, maybe not today, but soon.

I have nothing against you Shattered. I just have a personality defect that prevents me from backing down.

I will make an effort to forget the little bad blood that was building between us and take a fresh tack.

Thanks again.

How cute, trying to justify attacking family members unable to defend themselves, lol. You say you were allowed to do that on another board, eh? Was this board full of lowlife, classless and gutless piles of shit like you?

Fuck nice, IMO Stripey is to blame for most of this, he purposely invited the lowest forms of life he could find in order to create the most chaos he could here..........quagmire achieved, good job!

shattered
04-22-2007, 12:23 PM
How cute, trying to justify attacking family members unable to defend themselves, lol. You say you were allowed to do that on another board, eh? Was this board full of lowlife, classless and gutless piles of shit like you?

Fuck nice, IMO Stripey is to blame for most of this, he purposely invited the lowest forms of life he could find in order to create the most chaos he could here..........quagmire achieved, good job!

I guess that would apply to me, since in turn I attacked HIS mother, no?

This was an apology thread; it was not meant to turn into an online version of Fight Club.

LiberalNation
04-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Well that tends to happen when tension are running so high but in nature of this thread. I apoligize for whatever I've done, ect. ect. and would be happy to truce with anyone.

jimnyc
04-22-2007, 12:37 PM
In your eyes anyway. I don't know if it's the same, may be, may not. Mine weren't overtones really though, just flat out saying what I felt at the time.

No, not just in my eyes, it's a FACT. Moderation is a function, to ban/edit/delete/lock/move... These are actions that are all recorded in a log as well. It's not just in my eyes, moderation has been almost invisible, and no unfair actions have been taken.

What am I distorting, just making a few comments on how things seem to me. Everyone gets to have their own opinion. Think it's strange anything goes here tho unless it involves a mod, moderation, or board policy. Seems ya'll are a bit touchy on the subject, if not why all the defensiveness.

I think the rules are simple and clear. And you distort the "moderators" or moderation here, by implying that it's biased or "get used to it, that's the way it is here". Again, minimal moderations has been done lately, no bans, and I think the mentions of unfairness in applying moderation is completely unfounded. And I'm defensive because I put a lot of time and energy into this board, and what I want, and to please everyone, and it irks me when someone like you right away makes baseless comments out of nowhere.

OCA
04-22-2007, 12:41 PM
I guess that would apply to me, since in turn I attacked HIS mother, no?

This was an apology thread; it was not meant to turn into an online version of Fight Club.

No, you were responding to ugliness, would've liked to have seen you not go after his mother but the originator....Loose.....gets all the blame on that.

LiberalNation
04-22-2007, 12:47 PM
and it irks me when someone like you right away makes baseless comments out of nowhere.
Right away, what you temp banned me and one of my friends forever. My comments aren't coming out of no where. Another of my friends has also been threatned with a ban plenty of times. Not to mention the warnings for things others have gotten away with it seems. :dunno:

I might be wrong and rushing to judgment but then I might not be. Either way I'm not alone in seein it thisaway. I enjoy this board but not gona keep my mouth shut all the time just because some might want it thatawat. :terror:

jimnyc
04-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Right away, what you temp banned me and one of my friends forever. My comments aren't coming out of no where. Another of my friends has also been threatned with a ban plenty of times. Not to mention the warnings for things others have gotten away with it seems.

And conservatives have been warned over posts, and threatened with bans as well. Just because you can't read my PM's, doesn't mean others aren't receiving them.

I might be wrong and rushing to judgment but then I might not be. Either way I'm not alone in seein it thisaway. I enjoy this board but not gona keep my mouth shut all the time just because some might want it thatawat. :terror:

Don't care if others think that way, I'll tell them the same, the FACTS speak for themselves. And you can speak all you like, but you won't be littering the board with baseless comments about moderation or the way the board is ran.

LiberalNation
04-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Where am I littering. I'm not starting threads or anything. Like I said, everything goes unless you criticize the powers that be but whatever.

jimnyc
04-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Where am I littering. I'm not starting threads or anything. Like I said, everything goes unless you criticize the powers that be but whatever.

That's right, you WON'T be granted the right to come here and criticize me, the board, or the way I run it. Do you think I spend my time devoted to making things work here, so when someone doesn't like what they read, they turn around and give me a hard time? Tough shit. Either adhere to what little policies are enforced here, or beat it to somewhere you're more comfortable.

End of issue, let it drop. You and Lily both have dropped comments in other threads as well, and I'd rather you worry about yourselves and your own interaction with the board, let me worry about how the board functions.

LiberalNation
04-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Sure massa, your the boss. Fair, balanced and all that.

Apparently not a prob if OCA does it in the same thread.

OCA
04-22-2007, 01:17 PM

OCA doesn't do it......child.

jimnyc
04-22-2007, 01:19 PM

OCA is in this thread speaking of unfair moderation? Complaining that the mods are all conservatives? Complaining that action is unwarranted, or not dealt with in an even handed manner?

No, what OCA does, is he PM's me all the time to discuss things, the way I have asked so many for so long. And please don't even begin to say that he is treated differently, I believe actions in the past few months prove MUCH otherwise. I handle the board with the best of intentions when it comes to moderation and fairness. I give OCA a little slack because he's a damn good friend and member for about 4 years, but even he isn't above following what is best for the board.

Let it rest now, as I've already asked. This isn't a sounding board for complaints. PM me if you have any issues about the board. I don't think I'm asking much to have members keep personal issues and board actions in private messages.