PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new laptop but not sure why now.....

Trinity
02-07-2010, 07:40 PM
I went out and bought a new laptop last weekend because my motherboard crashed and I needed a new one anyway.

and

My youngest son had been complaining about his xbox not working right and he wanted me to buy him a new system. I told him I would and I started comparing systems and we decided to go with the ps3 because I did not need to spend $50.00 a year for his online membership. He LOVES modern warfare 2 and COD and had made numerous friends online.

I buy the system and we get it set up and I discovered that not only can he play all of his games online among numerous other things movies and music, but he can also get online and surf the internet watch youtube videos and do everything I can with my laptop.

Then why did I buy a laptop I could have just used his system...lol.....oh but wait I would have to fight with him to use it, so I guess it's better I did buy my own.

BoogyMan
02-07-2010, 08:49 PM
I went out and bought a new laptop last weekend because my motherboard crashed and I needed a new one anyway.

and

My youngest son had been complaining about his xbox not working right and he wanted me to buy him a new system. I told him I would and I started comparing systems and we decided to go with the ps3 because I did not need to spend $50.00 a year for his online membership. He LOVES modern warfare 2 and COD and had made numerous friends online.

I buy the system and we get it set up and I discovered that not only can he play all of his games online among numerous other things movies and music, but he can also get online and surf the internet watch youtube videos and do everything I can with my laptop.

Then why did I buy a laptop I could have just used his system...lol.....oh but wait I would have to fight with him to use it, so I guess it's better I did buy my own.

PS3? Nice.

You can do instant streaming from Netflix as well if you are a member. Pretty nifty.

DragonStryk72
02-08-2010, 02:18 AM
PS3? Nice.

You can do instant streaming from Netflix as well if you are a member. Pretty nifty.

Yeah, that part's new, but it does seem to follow Sony's run at trying to do everything the 360 does, since 360 went there first with Netflix. the only real problem facing the PS3 still seems to be the lack of exclusive titles, something that just keeps hitting it upside the head repeatedly.

For a funnier comparison of the consoles, Here's my favorite Zero Punctuation:

<embed src="http://cdn2.themis-media.com/media/global/movies/player/flowplayer.commercial-3.1.5.swf" flashvars="config=http://www.themis-media.com/videos/config/3-b655a209f085859679d1ececb2d42a4f.js%3Fembed%3D1" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" width="650" height="389" wmode="opaque"></embed>

Trinity
02-08-2010, 07:21 AM
PS3? Nice.

I do have netflix. I haven't set it up yet on his ps3, but he did have it on the xbox.