PDA

View Full Version : Michelle/SEIU’s Child Obesity Initiative

stephanie
02-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Michelle Malkin reported on this awhile ago.

Michelle Obama: ‘Let’s Move’ Initiative Battles Childhood Obesity
First Lady to Launch ‘Very Ambitious’ Campaign to End Childhood Obesity in One Generation

By LEE FERRAN

Feb. 9, 2010—Michelle Obama is formally announcing today what she called a "very ambitious" program to end the American plague of childhood obesity in a single generation.

"We want to eliminate this problem of childhood obesity in a generation. We want to get that done," the first lady told "Good Morning America’s" Robin Roberts in an exclusive morning television interview. "We want our kids to face a different and more optimistic future in terms of their lifespan."

SNIP:
From the SEIU:

Tell Congress: Strengthen our Child Nutrition Programs
Successful, cost-effective child nutrition programs — school lunch and breakfast, child care and WIC, summer feeding and afterschool snacks and meals — play a critical role in helping children achieve access to quality nutrition, child care, and educational enrichment activities while improving their overall health, development, and school achievement.

But the programs are not reaching all those children who are eligible. In addition, it is increasingly difficult for providers to meet these guidelines without additional resources.

A well-conceived, robustly-funded reauthorization bill would:

Reduce hunger and food insecurity in America. A recent USDA Report showed that one in every four children live in households struggling against hunger;
Help reduce childhood overweight and obesity;
Improve child nutrition and health, and enhance child development and school readiness;
Provide fair wages and health care for food service workers. Food service workers are often paid poverty wages with few benefits and no paid sick days.

all the article at.
http://sweetness-light.com/

SassyLady
02-09-2010, 09:41 PM
[COLOR="Red"]Provide fair wages and health care for food service workers. Food service workers are often paid poverty wages with few benefits and no paid sick days.

all the article at.
http://sweetness-light.com/

How interesting!

MtnBiker
02-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Michelle should team up with Michael Moore and do a moive.

PostmodernProphet
02-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Michelle should team up with Michael Moore and do a moive.

ah school lunches.....too bad he already used the title "Sicko".......

Abbey Marie
02-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Gee, how did I know that Michelle's solution would be to throw more of our money at the problem? :rolleyes:

stephanie
02-10-2010, 01:15 AM
I'd also like to know when the people voted for MaBelle Obama to a Government position?. This is all payback for the Seiu Unions 65million dollars they spent on getting the Obama elected.

She is as big a snake as her hubby, in my book.

Not Pc correct, but that is how I feel.