PDA

View Full Version : Ritz-Carlton to close 5-diamond Las Vegas hotel

red states rule
02-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Obama's war on Las Vegas has claimed more victims. Obama has told people several times not to go to Las Vegas

How many created and saved jobs can Obama take credit for when this hotel closes up?

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Co will close its five-diamond property in Las Vegas this May, after the hotel struggled with a slide in demand and revenue.

"It's nothing the hotel did. It's a simple lack of business and a decline in the tourism industry," said Ritz-Carlton spokeswoman Vivian Deuschl.

The owners of the 348-room property, Village Hospitality LLC, an arm of Deutsche Bank, will stop funding the Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas day-to-day operations on May 2.

"That was the owner's decision and we reluctantly agreed to go along with it," Deuschl said.

Luxury properties have been hit hard in the past year and a half. Corporate travel and business from associations accounts for the bulk revenue of these hotels, but companies and groups have cut back on travel spending in the past year.

Village Hospitality, a subsidiary of Deutsche Bank's German American Capital Corp, acquired the hotel in a nonjudicial foreclosure sale in February 2009.

"The unprecedented economic downturn has had a significant impact on the hotel's operations," said Deutsche Bank spokesman Scott Helfman. "As a result, Village Hospitality LLC concluded that continuing to fund operations was no longer economically viable and consequently decided to close the hotel effective May 2, 2010."

Ritz-Carlton is a division of Marriott International .

The hotel opened seven years ago and has played host to an array of celebrities including Elizabeth Taylor, Celine Dion and the late pop icon Michael Jackson.

The Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas property employs some 350 people, Deuschl said, some of whom may be relocated to other Ritz-Carlton properties or other Las Vegas hotels.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/reuters/MTFH39692_2010-02-09_21-21-37_N09114487.htm

Abbey Marie
02-10-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm not a Vegas fan, but that's a shame.

Hussein doesn't want to get the Vegas mob pissed at him.

red states rule
02-10-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm not a Vegas fan, but that's a shame.

Hussein doesn't want to get the Vegas mob pissed at him.

Now he has the homeowners who are now out a job, who can't make their monthly payment, put food on the table, pay the light bill, or put gas in their car, pissed at him

Mr. P
02-10-2010, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=Abbey;408670]I'm not a Vegas fan, but that's a shame.

Hussein doesn't want to get the Vegas mob pissed at him.[/

..never mind.

Abbey Marie
02-10-2010, 03:11 PM
[QUOTE=Abbey;408670]I'm not a Vegas fan, but that's a shame.

Hussein doesn't want to get the Vegas mob pissed at him.[/

..never mind.

:confused:

red states rule
02-10-2010, 03:17 PM
I am starting to think Obama really does want the entire US economy to tank so he can impose even more government control over more aspects of the economy

Mr. P
02-10-2010, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. P;408676]

:confused:

I deleted my post..and posted never mind

Binky
02-10-2010, 06:59 PM
I am starting to think Obama really does want the entire US economy to tank so he can impose even more government control over more aspects of the economy

Rather looks that way, doesn't it? I wonder if that was his intention when he decided to run, or if someone planted that idea in his head after he took office.....:poke:

Abbey Marie
02-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Rather looks that way, doesn't it? I wonder if that was his intention when he decided to run, or if someone planted that idea in his head after he took office.....:poke:

His mentor and pastor for the past 20 years likes to scream "God Damn America". I doubt any of this is new for Obama.

Binky
02-10-2010, 10:15 PM
His mentor and pastor for the past 20 years likes to scream "God Damn America". I doubt any of this is new for Obama.

Silly me, how could I have forgotten that tidbit? Oh well, I'm gettin' old....