PDA

View Full Version : New staff member

jimnyc
02-11-2010, 06:25 AM
Red States Rule has been made a moderator of DP! I am very pleased to bring him aboard. He posts more than anyone else, is here more than anyone else, is liked by the majority, and I am of the opinion that he will work fairly if and when he need moderate.

I am aware that a few don't like him personally. I am aware that some think he copies and pastes a lot. I am aware that he has been referred to as a partisan hack as a result of his tenacity in supporting conservatism. I am also fully aware that some may question his ability to be fair, or question my decision to make him a staff member.

Allow me to put your concerns at ease.

RSR is expected to be a part of our "staff family" and moderate no differently than any other staff member. He is expected to follow my belief in "freedom of speech" and only moderate if absolutely necessary when the written rules of the community are severely broken. He is expected to handle our reputation system with the ultimate care and remain above the fray in flame wars whenever possible. He will be held accountable for his actions as any other member of the board. In other words, it's a no lose situation. We gain another trusted staff member and someone to help keep an eye on spammers and the equivalent when other staff members are not around.

Also, he is at the same time a regular poster with the same posting rights as the rest of us. Nothing will change in that respect. The only difference is that he is now held to a standard that all staff members must adhere to - if he enters an argument with someone in a thread, he is no longer allowed to moderate in said thread.

I'm sure as time goes on everyone will agree with me that this was a good decision, and a positive decision for the board. Terry loves this place, wants to see it succeed, wants new members and wants to see if we can bring the community to a higher level. He now has his chance and I hope everyone will join me in welcoming him in his new position and giving him an opportunity to show everyone that he is more than just someone who backs conservative policies. I've spoken with him at length over the phone quite a few times now and I am 1000% convinced of what I just stated.

:dance: :beer:

chloe
02-11-2010, 06:26 AM
Happy Modding RSR:salute:

Kathianne
02-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Welcome to the staff family, RSR!
:dance:

Now please get my coffee. Jim did tell you about the low man on the totem pole? Oh slippers too please, dog needs walking...:laugh2:

CSM
02-11-2010, 07:02 AM
so RSR goes to the dark side!

COngrats!

PostmodernProphet
02-11-2010, 08:14 AM
/gathers rocks......

red states rule
02-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Happy Modding RSR:salute:

Thanks Chloe. You are always one of the first to offer your best wishes to anyone here

red states rule
02-11-2010, 08:17 AM
Welcome to the staff family, RSR!
:dance:

Now please get my coffee. Jim did tell you about the low man on the totem pole? Oh slippers too please, dog needs walking...:laugh2:

How do you like your coffee? Cream? Sugar?

Jim will have to add another mod to the staff. My cats litter boxes need to be cleaned :laugh2:

red states rule
02-11-2010, 08:19 AM
so RSR goes to the dark side!

COngrats!

What can I say? Jim recognizes talent :laugh2:

Gaffer
02-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Congrats RSR. Another good mod choice by Jim.

red states rule
02-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Congrats RSR. Another good mod choice by Jim.

Thanks Gaffer. I enjoy being here, and I only want what is best for the board, and growing our membership

Mr. P
02-11-2010, 09:29 AM
:thumb:

chesswarsnow
02-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Good call Jimbo......
2. Red~Terry will do great!
3. If you needs some mod pointers ol chap
I'm here for you anytime!:laugh2:

Regards
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
02-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Good call Jimbo......
2. Red will do great!
3. If you needs some mod pointers ol chap
I'm here for you anytime!:laugh2:

Regards
SirJamesofTexas

Feel free to clue me in my friend

crin63
02-11-2010, 10:26 AM
I didn't sleep well enough to come up with something clever to say.

Congrats RSR!!! :salute:

Great choice Jim!!!

HogTrash
02-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Moderating takes a special quality that allows a persons fairness to overide their personal beliefs.

Being one who is disgusted by liberals and their ideocies, I personally could never moderate fairly.

I have watched liberalism eat away at America for 45 years bringing it to the brink of destruction.

Abbey Marie
02-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Terry, did Jim forget to tell you that the women moderators are really in charge?

aka "When mama moderator ain't happy, nobody's happy"
:laugh2:

red states rule
02-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Terry, did Jim forget to tell you that the women moderators are really in charge?

aka "When mama moderator ain't happy, nobody's happy"
:laugh2:

Let me make this clear Ms Abbey, I will always have the last word with you and Kathianne when it comes to who is in charge around here

That last word will be "Yes Mame"

Joyful HoneyBee
02-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Congrats! I am confident you will be a very fine moderator and will handle the motley ops with finesse. :clap:

Little-Acorn
02-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Happy moderating, RSR.

Everything is now your fault.

Jeff
02-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Congrats Buddy !!!!

I am sure you are aware that your main job is to fix my post :laugh2: as you can tell the old staff aren't doing there jobs to well :laugh2:

All kidding a side, I think Jim has a great staff and you will fit right in :thumb:

Kathianne
02-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Let me make this clear Ms Abbey, I will always have the last word with you and Kathianne when it comes to who is in charge around here

That last word will be "Yes Mame"

Woah! Don't copy that avatar! :laugh2: As Abbey said, it's just us, mean though we can be. ;)

SassyLady
02-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Congrats RSR!!!