PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Kennedy Will Not Seek Re-Election

red states rule
02-12-2010, 06:14 AM
This tells me how bad the Dems think the November midterm election is going to be for them

For the first time in nearly half a century, there may not be a member of the Kennedy clan in Congress.

In a video message posted to YouTube, eight-term Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-RI) says his “life is taking a new direction” and he will not be a candidate for re-election this year.

Kennedy is the son of the late Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-MA) and the nephew of President John F. Kennedy. When elected to Congress in 1994, Kennedy was just 27 and the youngest member of the House.

Kennedy attended Providence College and won a seat in the Rhode Island State legislature while only 21 and still a student.

During his career, Kennedy endured repeated bouts with substance abuse. He took an extended leave from Congress last spring, spending time at a rehabilitation facility.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/11/rep-patrick-kennedy-seek-election-sources-say/

sgtdmski
02-12-2010, 06:35 AM
Wow, I guess that means we will not be hearing anymore reports of a Kennedy crashing into the safer barriers around the Capitol any longer.

Oh well, what will we ever do without them!!!

dmk

red states rule
02-12-2010, 06:38 AM
Wow, I guess that means we will not be hearing anymore reports of a Kennedy crashing into the safer barriers around the Capitol any longer.

Oh well, what will we ever do without them!!!

dmk

Have no fear, I am sure their are politicans (on both sides) that will step up and fill the void

Kathianne
02-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Have no fear, I am sure their are politicans (on both sides) that will step up and fill the void

Too true. Isn't Al Gore's son still around?

red states rule
02-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Too true. Isn't Al Gore's son still around?

Yes he is. I heard his Prius is stuck in a snow drift

KarlMarx
02-12-2010, 08:25 AM
all the rats are jumping ship before it goes down...

I wonder if the band will be playing "Nearer my Obama to Thee"?

red states rule
02-12-2010, 08:27 AM
all the rats are jumping ship before it goes down...

I wonder if the band will be playing "Nearer my Obama to Thee"?

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/159637.JPG

red states rule
02-12-2010, 11:30 PM
It looks as if the liberal media is covering the funeral of Ted Kennedy all over again. The libs in the lamestream media are in mourning

Reporting Congressman Patrick Kennedy's decision to not run for re-election this fall for his House seat representing Rhode Island, CBS and ABC on Friday night bemoaned the impending lack of a Kennedy in the House or Senate – presuming no other Kennedy runs and wins this November – as the “end of an era.” CBS even created a chart to display the timeline for Kennedys in office, as fill-in CBS Evening News anchor Maggie Rodriguez announced:

It is the end of an era, the Kennedy era. Rhode Island Congressman Patrick Kennedy has decided not to seek re-election in November. So early next year there will be no Kennedy holding elected office in Washington for the first time since 1947, more than 63 years.

Over on ABC, Diane Sawyer plugged the upcoming story: “End of an era. The last Kennedy in Congress calling it quits.” In the subsequent report, Sawyer recalled: “It was 1946 when his uncle John Fitzgerald Kennedy was elected to the House. Then, his uncle, Senator Robert Kennedy, and then his father, Ted.” Getting a bit carried away, Sawyer then asserted: “There has always been a Kennedy in Washington.”

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2010/02/12/cbs-and-abc-lament-patrick-kennedys-exit-end-era#ixzz0fO3b344b

Mr. P
02-13-2010, 12:30 AM
It is the end of an era, the Kennedy era. Rhode Island Congressman Patrick Kennedy has decided not to seek re-election in November. So early next year there will be no Kennedy holding elected office in Washington for the first time since 1947, more than 63 years.

IMO this is a good thing for AMERICA!