PDA

View Full Version : Redstate.com Takes A Needed Stand

Kathianne
02-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Glad to see this, especially Eric's mention of what the birthers and truthers are doing to the tea parties.

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/02/12/vigilance-im-banning-birfers-truthers-and-groups-affiliated-therewith/

Vigilance: I’m Banning Birfers, Truthers, and Groups Affiliated Therewith
Posted by Erick Erickson (Profile)
Friday, February 12th at 3:22PM EST
288 Comments

“So we arrive at one of those moments where I am fully prepared to part ways with the individuals and groups willing to share the stage and treat as legitimate the [birfers and truthers]… ”

We’ve always banned truthers at RedState. Increasingly, we have also banned a number of individuals who think Barack Obama is disqualified from being President because despite the Republican Governor of Hawaii confirming the legitimacy of the Democratic President’s birth origin as a citizen of the United States these birthers (”birfers” because it sounds as crazy as they are) refuse to move on.

Today I want to reaffirm and make it more definitive. If you think 9/11 was an inside job or you really want to debate whether or not Barack Obama is an American citizen eligible to be President, RedState is not a place for you.

Birfers and Truthers are not welcome here. Period. End of Story.

But I want to expand on this too.

The tea party movement is in danger of getting a bad reputation for allowing birfers and truthers to share the stage. At the National Tea Party, Joseph Farah treated the birfer issue as legitimate. In Texas, tea party activists have rallied to Debra Medina who, just yesterday, refused to definitely dismiss the 9/11 truther conspiracy as crackpot nonsense. If a candidate cannot do that, we cannot help that candidate. It’s that simple.

So we arrive at one of those moments where I am fully prepared to part ways with the individuals and groups willing to share the stage and treat as legitimate the crazies who believe the President was born in Kenya, the crazies who believe our government was complicit September 11th terrorist attacks … two groups, incidentally that increasingly overlap.

stephanie
02-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Oh well it's his site. I find it rather lame myself.

Insein
02-13-2010, 04:21 PM
I agree with him. As I have said many times, the birth certificate thing is something that can be used to distract others from the root cause. Whether or not Obama is legitimately born in the US is irrelavant at this point. He's president now and nothing will make him not president in the next 4 years that revolves around his country of birth.

What the Tea Party can do and is doing is bringing to light a number of positive, conservative candidates that can help take back the congress and minimize the power that Obama has. Thats where the focus should be. On the future, not the past. The past can not be undone but the future can be changed for the better.

stephanie
02-13-2010, 05:25 PM
I agree with him. As I have said many times, the birth certificate thing is something that can be used to distract others from the root cause. Whether or not Obama is legitimately born in the US is irrelavant at this point. He's president now and nothing will make him not president in the next 4 years that revolves around his country of birth.

What the Tea Party can do and is doing is bringing to light a number of positive, conservative candidates that can help take back the congress and minimize the power that Obama has. Thats where the focus should be. On the future, not the past. The past can not be undone but the future can be changed for the better.

some good points.:thumb:

Noir
02-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Erick Erickson?
Is that his IRL name?
:laugh2:

Kathianne
02-15-2010, 05:11 AM
Erick Erickson?
Is that his IRL name?
:laugh2:

I know 2 Eric/Erik Ericksons, not including that one. Must be popular name in Sweden/Norway?