PDA

View Full Version : Lt. Bill Hunt for O.C. Sheriff.

crin63
02-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Now this is my kind of Sheriff! I hope he wins.

snip

Hunt responded that he would be more generous in handing out the permits.

"Any law-abiding citizen who goes through the process is going to get a concealed weapon permit" under his leadership," he said. "The burden should be on (the sheriff) to show why you shouldn't have a concealed weapon."

Hutchens asks that applicants explain their need for concealed weapons.

"If you don't respect our Second Amendment right, you don't respect any of our rights," Hunt said.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/hutchens-233522-sheriff-concealed.html

darin
02-13-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm finding the process for a carry permit in Michigan is horrible. In some counties, applicants must APPEAR BEFORE A BOARD and convince the board the applicant 'needs' a carry permit.

Wow.

No longer a right - it's a privlege.

crin63
02-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Here in Los Angeles (where the Sheriff cant even carry a gun because of a domestic dispute I'm told) the Sheriff won't even consider giving carry permits to civilians.

There are a lot of 2nd Amendment fights going on here in California right now.

I could be wrong but I believe they passed: a micro-stamping bill where all new handguns have to stamp a serial number on each case while its being fired, no lead core ammo for hunting, ammo has to be stored out of the sight of the public, finger printing and registration for ammo purchases, no internet sales of ammo to California once it goes into effect and etc.......
I believe they removed the 50 round per month limit on ammo purchases from the one bill.