PDA

View Full Version : Slowness?

jimnyc
02-15-2010, 04:45 AM
The board has been slow responding for me since I woke up yesterday morning. I opened a ticket to see if there are any network/SQL issues already.

Anyone else experiencing noticeable slowness since yesterday?

Kathianne
02-15-2010, 05:07 AM
The board has been slow responding for me since I woke up yesterday morning. I opened a ticket to see if there are any network/SQL issues already.

Anyone else experiencing noticeable slowness since yesterday?

I don't think I've experienced any problems.

darin
02-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Seems fine for me

Mr. P
02-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Good here..and much faster since you went back to the old Banner..

And hey..it loads in the center too! :poke:

red states rule
02-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Everything is fine here Jim

Binky
02-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Nope all is fine here.

BoogyMan
02-15-2010, 11:07 AM
The system has been pretty zippy for me. :)

Kathianne
02-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Jim? You there? Can you hear us, now? :dunno::smoke::terror:

Abbey Marie
02-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Fine for me as well.

hjmick
02-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Since I switched to satellite, every website is slow. I guess that's what I get for moving to the sticks...

jimnyc
02-16-2010, 05:49 AM
Thanks everyone for all the feedback yesterday. I was able to view the site a bit but it took me about 2-3 minutes just to load the homepage, so I didn't even bother with logging in. Once I saw it was apparently only me affected I decided to do troubleshooting with that in mind.

Let me preface that by saying I originally opened a ticket with support with our host and they told me to contact my ISP - WTF? I did a traceroute to DP and all was cool until it reached a few major backbone providers in Atlanta. Extremely fast responses from all routers until it reached there... Prior to those "hops" there were 2 or 3 routers within my ISP that responded with 3 timeouts and then proceeded to the next router. If it "truly" timed out, you wouldn't be able to get to the next router. Some ISP's simply configure their routers to ignore these requests. Even after explaining this to my host they still blamed my ISP.

Anyhoo, I ignored them and contacted the 2 major backbone providers to notify them of the issues in their Atlanta datacenters. While they agreed it as an issue, they stated I needed to have my host contact them as I wasn't a client. I told this to the host and they insisted I contact my ISP. Being that I know I wasn't the only one who would route this direction, I figured it would eventually get fixed anyway and I gave up. Sure enough, last evening I performed another traceroute and all was back to normal.

I'm no expert by any means, but properly reading traceroute results is networking 101. :death:

Jeff
02-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Well Jim not sure if it is my connection or the board but it is faster this morning than it has been in a long time :thumb: